Hi from Central Ohio

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP

Welcome!

Welcome to THP! There are a fair amount of Columbus-area THPers, and a lot in NE Ohio too.

Welcome! I’m NC Ohio (Mansfield area) so if ever playing up this way look me up.

I can’t say a round with me is always enjoyable, but I can say I’ve played with dozens of folks here and no one has croaked yet!

That’s all I’ve got, lol. Welcome!

Welcome I great up caddying and working at OSU in Columbus and lot of great golf in area.

Nice clubs so far as well. Mizuno makes great stuff and years ago replaced a whole iron set free after a cosmetic issue with a couple. Always on my short list when shopping.

O....H.....

Welcome I great up caddying and working at OSU in Columbus and lot of great golf in area.

Nice clubs so far as well. Mizuno makes great stuff and years ago replaced a whole iron set free after a cosmetic issue with a couple. Always on my short list when shopping.

You caddy at OSU? Nice! I graduated from OSU in Dec 2000, but I've never played that course.

As for clubs, yeah, the upper end of my bag will still be fitted in the coming months as I continue to go through lessons.

Welcome! I’m NC Ohio (Mansfield area) so if ever playing up this way look me up.

I can’t say a round with me is always enjoyable, but I can say I’ve played with dozens of folks here and no one has croaked yet!

That’s all I’ve got, lol. Welcome!

Well, my handicap isn't great right now, but I'm definitely working on my game. I would expect to lower that handicap come next season.

You caddy at OSU? Nice! I graduated from OSU in Dec 2000, but I've never played that course.
Did back in 70s you need to Scarlet same designer as Augusta which I played in medical school 2x

Well, my handicap isn't great right now, but I'm definitely working on my game. I would expect to lower that handicap come next season.

Good! However everyone I’ve met on this site cares not a dang bit about how good you golf. I’ve played with +HC and 36 handicappers and enjoyed every round with everyone I’ve played with. This is the most Richard free place on the Internet and I’ve met and made good friends here.

Good! However everyone I’ve met on this site cares not a dang bit about how good you golf. I’ve played with +HC and 36 handicappers and enjoyed every round with everyone I’ve played with. This is the most Richard free place on the Internet and I’ve met and made good friends here.

That is great! I definitely do not judge. My league has golfers of all kinds, and we just enjoy ourselves. However, for my own game, I wanted to put the effort into improving. Playing better and more consistently makes it more fun for me. I don't get emotional about other people's games. :)

That is great! I definitely do not judge. My league has golfers of all kinds, and we just enjoy ourselves. However, for my own game, I wanted to put the effort into improving. Playing better and more consistently makes it more fun for me. I don't get emotional about other people's games. :)

Welcome and my only advice is keep striving - we can all get better - although personally battling injuries and age has me fighting an uphill battle!

Oh I totally understand the desire to improve, don’t get me wrong. I’m just saying don’t use your game as a barometer of when you should play with THP’ers. Nobody I’ve met cares one bit how good you are. Yeah you may take some good natured ribbing (like any time someone hits it further than me, just be careful in choosing your name, lol) but having fun, keeping pace, and not acting like a Richard are much more important.

Welcome to THP!

I have three “rules” for those I play

1. Play fast and that is most important of all - I can still walk 18 in three hours.
2. Don’t be that guy who throws clubs and curses too much or picks up 4 foot putts.
3. Unless 40 or less please don’t hit too much on the beverage girl that is way out of your league - although I have seen some subtle approaches that are worth admiring and a 60 plus great stick actually got a date or at least claimed he did.

Number one is by far most important and don’t forget to buy your share of drinks.

I have three “rules” for those I play

1. Play fast and that is most important of all - I can still walk 18 in three hours.
2. Don’t be that guy who throws clubs and curses too much or picks up 4 foot putts.
3. Unless 40 or less please don’t hit too much on the beverage girl that is way out of your league - although I have seen some subtle approaches that are worth admiring and a 60 plus great stick actually got a date or at least claimed he did.

Number one is by far most important and don’t forget to buy your share of drinks.

1. I try to play fast. I've walked a couple rounds this year fairly quickly. I often go by my league rules, so if I hit a wayward tee shot and lose a ball, I don't spend much time looking for it. I take a drop and penalty stroke and move on. It drives me crazy to look for a lost ball for more than a few seconds.
2. I do sometimes curse at myself when I'm playing very poorly, but I'm taking lessons to play better more consistently, so that has been making golf a lot more fun for me.
3. I don't hit on beverage cart gals.

You mean buy drinks for everyone? Sometimes, I don't even buy drinks for myself (other than water)! I sometimes go on an annual golf trip with friends of my father-in-law, so we're certainly much more likely to buy 6 beers at a time then.

1. I try to play fast. I've walked a couple rounds this year fairly quickly. I often go by my league rules, so if I hit a wayward tee shot and lose a ball, I don't spend much time looking for it. I take a drop and penalty stroke and move on. It drives me crazy to look for a lost ball for more than a few seconds.
2. I do sometimes curse at myself when I'm playing very poorly, but I'm taking lessons to play better more consistently, so that has been making golf a lot more fun for me.
3. I don't hit on beverage cart gals.

You mean buy drinks for everyone? Sometimes, I don't even buy drinks for myself (other than water)! I sometimes go on an annual golf trip with friends of my father-in-law, so we're certainly much more likely to buy 6 beers at a time then.
Buying drinks is within reason and for those likely to reciprocate as friends.

Back