High end office chairs

Evok

Don't worry, Be happy!
Reaction score
Handicap
Been searching for a nice ergonomic office chair for awhile now and was curious what you guys had? Ive sat on crappy $50-100 chairs for wayyyy too long now and my back is hating it. Ive been eyeing chairs like the Steelcase Leap or Herman Miller Aeron as they seem to be very popular. What are you guys sitting on?

I was in the same position as you and I was just about to buy one of those, but I did some research and I found out the IKEA Markus was supposed to be a really good value. I had never bought an IKEA product before so I was skeptical, but I have no back issues anymore since switching and it's saved quite a few bucks(well I didn't save them I just put it toward golf gear)

You cannot go wrong with a Hermon Miller Aeron. I use to break chairs on average about every 6 months due to my size. I ended up buying a Hermon Miller Chair about 6-7 years ago and it's still in great shape and I can sit in it all day with no discomfort. I liked it so much that i bought a 2nd one for my home office. They are pricey, but considering I was going through about $150 to $200 of chairs per year, they worked out to be a long term deal.

For what it's worth, if you have a used office furniture store near by, I bet you can find a used one about 30% to 50% off retail price. That's how I bought my first one.

You cannot go wrong with a Hermon Miller Aeron. I use to break chairs on average about every 6 months due to my size. I ended up buying a Hermon Miller Chair about 6-7 years ago and it's still in great shape and I can sit in it all day with no discomfort. I liked it so much that i bought a 2nd one for my home office. They are pricey, but considering I was going through about $150 to $200 of chairs per year, they worked out to be a long term deal.

For what it's worth, if you have a used office furniture store near by, I bet you can find a used one about 30% to 50% off retail price. That's how I bought my first one.

I'm going to check that out. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem. I think I paid just a tad under $500 for a chair that was selling brand new at the time for about $850.

I have two of these as well and I agree - they are well worth the money. My old office had them, but my new office has a less comfortable (and probably significantly cheaper) chair. Its okay, but I would love to have my HM Aeron back.

Herman Miller is one of our top sellers for our higher end office chairs. I work for Wayfair.com and if you check out the link below, our super browse feature on the left hand side lets you select options that fit your needs best!

https://www.wayfair.com/Ergonomic-Office-Chairs-C478397.html

to add to this, here are some of our clearance chairs that you can check out (clearance just means they are returned items): https://www.wayfair.com/Office-Sales-c541554-masterClID~10.html?sortby=7

***CORRECTION: looks like Wayfair stopped carrying HM chairs but we still have an awesome selection. I would still recommend buying the HM brand if you can find it though

Hermon Miller is one of our top sellers for our higher end office chairs. I work for Wayfair.com and if you check out the link below, our super browse feature on the left hand side lets you select options that fit your needs best!

https://www.wayfair.com/Ergonomic-Office-Chairs-C478397.html

That's funny, I tried searching for Herman Miller using that link and got no results. Herman Miller isn't listed in the manufacturers list either.

Edit: Whoops, now I see the correction.

That's funny, I tried searching for Herman Miller using that link and got no results. Herman Miller isn't listed in the manufacturers list either.

I definitely spoke too soon on that haha we used to carry them and I am not sure why we stopped

Awesome, Thanks guys and gal! I purchased an Ergohuman V2 mesh but it fit me terribly! The headrest and lumbar support were way off for my height because of my long torso. I returned that and now the search continues haha. Im prepared to pay up as i just want a great fitting, comfortable chair. Ill check out those links, thanks again!

I'm sitting on an Ergohuman chair. It was a drastic change from the typical couple hundred dollar chair I'd sat in for years before. However, my back has never gone this many months without back pain from sitting in a chair all day long. After doing this, I'd never go back. There are multiple versions of the chair, I believe I bought the older version. Only difference was an inch or 2 of seat depth as I recall.

It also appears to be over $100 cheaper than when I bought it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LK1YNO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

~Rock

I have one similar to the Ergohuman chair McRock posted, but got it at our local Office Products store. I've had this chair for at least 6 years now, and it's still very comfortable. I'm trying to find a brand name, but I'm not seeing one posted on the chair. Maybe if I turn it over?

I have the HM Aeron, it's a good chair but I'd move to something better if it came along. Moving my office soon so I'm checking out new office systems in the next 2 weeks.

I'm sitting on an Ergohuman chair. It was a drastic change from the typical couple hundred dollar chair I'd sat in for years before. However, my back has never gone this many months without back pain from sitting in a chair all day long. After doing this, I'd never go back. There are multiple versions of the chair, I believe I bought the older version. Only difference was an inch or 2 of seat depth as I recall.

It also appears to be over $100 cheaper than when I bought it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LK1YNO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

~Rock
Yep thats exactly the chair i bought! How tall are you? The damn lumbar was like 4 inches too low for me and the headrest hit my shoulders! Wish i could of sat in one beforehand but there's nothing close to me at all.
I have one similar to the Ergohuman chair McRock posted, but got it at our local Office Products store. I've had this chair for at least 6 years now, and it's still very comfortable. I'm trying to find a brand name, but I'm not seeing one posted on the chair. Maybe if I turn it over?

Im looking at the Steelcase Leap with headrest, any tall guys have one or anyone have one that can measure some stuff for me? Id very much appreciate it.

Yep thats exactly the chair i bought! How tall are you? The damn lumbar was like 4 inches too low for me and the headrest hit my shoulders! Wish i could of sat in one beforehand but there's nothing close to me at all.
I'm 5'11". My headrest and lumbar were height adjustable.

I also bought mine blind. No stores around here carried it. But it was worth it.

~Rock

I'm 5'11". My headrest and lumbar were height adjustable.

I also bought mine blind. No stores around here carried it. But it was worth it.

~Rock
Yep definitely height adjustable on mine too but even the highest setting was too low. Sucks but it happens, just need to make sure i dont make the same mistake twice lol besides not fitting me the chair seems awesome tho.

I would strongly suggest getting a Humanscale Freedom Headrest chair. Cisco provides these to us on request for those people who don't quite fit into the higher volume purchased Humanscale Freedom Task chair. I've had mine for the past 3 years with no discomfort and my back and shoulders are still very happy.

I would strongly suggest getting a Humanscale Freedom Headrest chair. Cisco provides these to us on request for those people who don't quite fit into the higher volume purchased Humanscale Freedom Task chair. I've had mine for the past 3 years with no discomfort and my back and shoulders are still very happy.
About fainted when I saw the price! That's more expensive than the standing desk I am contemplating!

How does it fit taller guys tho? Like 6'2" and above? Ive seen that chair a bunch online and it has great reviews.
About fainted when I saw the price! That's more expensive than the standing desk I am contemplating!
Yeah wish they weren't so expensive.

I am shopping for a quality computer chair. If you have any suggestions to ass to this thread, please do so. Thanks.

Dude...I envy you. I've had an Aeron provided by multiple employers and I'm a big guy too...I have never enjoyed them.

I'm still looking for the perfect chair.

Ugh, I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread. So many nice chairs....I had a guess how much some cost and then saw the price and nearly fell out of my cheapo chair! But I bet they all are UBER comfortable.

Back