High Loft with Low Launch Shaft

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Any of y'all trying this combo ?

I am waiting on an adapter to put a Diamana Ahina 70S in my Amp Cell at 11.5 degrees, so hopefully I will be a believer.

11.5° Nike Covert Tour with Fuji F1

Opposite for me.

9.5* Encore with B.Asha.

It is working fine until I win my SLDR at the Gauntlet!!!

I'm not sure. Would 11.5 and a Aldila NV protopype 60g stiff shaft be considered that combo?

How is that working

I like it. The loft helps improve launch angle and minimizes side spin to a small degree. The low launch shaft has a stiff tip which helps tighten dispersion for me.

SLDR @ 10* with a Prolaunch Red. I'm a high ball hitter to begin with and the stock shaft was too light and whippy for me. This combo works great for me.

Does the stock R1 setup meet that description?

I have a Cleveland Classic 290 10.5* with Kusala black. Works pretty well for me. Alternate it with a 290 9* head with Kusala white high launch shaft which I hit a little better overall.

I have my Amp Cell set at 11.5 with a Grafalloy BiMatrix Tour Prototype, freaking love it! Never hit so many fairways ever and really picked up some distance.

Its not a bad idea but keep in mind that the club head's loft has a greater affect on launch angle than the shaft's launch profile. I'd say probably 80% loft to 20% shaft unless the shaft is a significantly poor fit for the golfer. My personal preference is low loft with a mid-high launch shaft as I am a high ball hitter and feel I can work a softer shaft a bit better.

I briefly played with a high launch head (13 degree) with a low launch, low torque, stiffer shaft. It was definitely straight. I think it'd be perfect for a fairway finder, #2 slot type of club.

Its not a bad idea but keep in mind that the club head's loft has a greater affect on launch angle than the shaft's launch profile. I'd say probably 80% loft to 20% shaft unless the shaft is a significantly poor fit for the golfer. My personal preference is low loft with a mid-high launch shaft as I am a high ball hitter and feel I can work a softer shaft a bit better.

But the shaft's launch profile also influences spin, so a high spin player would benefit more from a higher loft and a low launch shaft combo than the opposite. It just depends on what you need.

Will be trying out the 12º Cleveland Classic and ProLaunch Red this weekend. Procured the parts for and assembled it for around a c-note, so if it doesn't work out, meh.

I think you need to choose the head wisely.

I had a 10.5* AMP driver in which I installed a RIP Alpha tipped an extra 1" over what Aldila recommended and it would still balloon on me at times. With my current setup (see sig) I have no ballooning at all and wouldn't expect to have ballooning with a 10.5* version of my current setup either.

In short, for me at least, a low spin head would be waaayyy perferable when going up in loft.

I have no problem with this idea, especially if you have a good tip stiff shaft. I would think this would work well for a lot of guys. I personally have a high launch angle on my swing, so I prefer a lower degree driver face (9.5) and a lower launch angle shaft, like the Fuji F1 and Blugold mentioned.

This is why I changed from a Amp Cell to a ZL Encore (both 10.5) w/ Fuji F1. Been working pretty well though the shaft is more mid launch. Using Cobras chart, I'm going to try a Mitch. Fubaki K 60g shaft sometime

tappin from my big as note2

Planning to put an Aldila NV 60 on my Amp Cell for 11.5°. Figure that would qualify.

Currently I am playing Titleist 910D2 10.5° driver with the PX 7C3 6.0 shaft. I must say that I have not hit a better club. Great distance and tight dispersion, this club/shaft was fitted for me and it will definitely stay in the bag for quite some time.

Back