High Speed camera for home

millsan1

I've figured this game out! Oh wait, no I haven't
Reaction score
Handicap
14?
I have a SkyTrak as a home simulator. It helps me a lot with practice, gives me feedback about how I am striking, etc.

But I really want to add a high speed camera this year, so I can analyze my swing and ball impact.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, home based, high speed camera?

I could kiss you. I won’t, but I could. I’m in the same market. Have your tried using a phone on a tripod in slow motion mode? I’ve been using that so far and it isn’t too bad

I could kiss you. I won’t, but I could. I’m in the same market. Have your tried using a phone on a tripod in slow motion mode? I’ve been using that so far and it isn’t too bad
Yeah, but I am thinking real high speed. I want something that can capture club/ball interaction.

Yeah, but I am thinking real high speed. I want something that can capture club/ball interaction.
Oh boy, that would be awesome!

I use this YI 4k action camera and it works great. It does 240 fps at 720p and 120 fps at 1080p. At 240 fps you can step your swing in really small increments and the best part is, it is really inexpensive. I've had it for a year and love it. Grab something like this and a tripod and you are all set.

Link to specs etc.

Last edited:
IPhone 11 will go 240 at 1080. Some of those “sports” go-pro types say they are 240 @ whatever, but really are doubling up on frames. You’re getting 2 frames at 120, not true 240fps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casio makes a pretty good high speed camera that really wasn't all that expensive in the scheme of things. Sub 200 I believe?

Whichever camera you end up with @millsan1 my experience is that regardless of fps or resolution, you have to have a lot of light... like flood lights if recording inside. Someone a bit more experienced with photography can correct me if I'm wrong.

Whichever camera you end up with @millsan1 my experience is that regardless of fps or resolution, you have to have a lot of light... like flood lights if recording inside. Someone a bit more experienced with photography can correct me if I'm wrong.

This is accurate. Even when I’m recording on my phone, I still have to turn in every light in the room and where the camera is. Other fun fact, you’ll get a strobe effect from lights the more FPS you go.

As Mward stated, Casio has some great hi speed cameras. I have a Casio Exilim that will do from 250-1000 frames per second. ypu could probably find a used one on Ebay fairly cheap.

Back