Highest score ever on a par 3, 4, and 5

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, what's the highest you've ever scored on each of the 3 most prevalent pars? I took a 10 on a par 3 one time. I think that's the highest I've ever put up. I don't remember my highest on a par 4 right off, but I took a 13 on a par 5 once. I'll add the screen shots in a little bit. They were both painful.

i don't think i have gone more then double par....well, maybe i would have but i picked up and throw that golf ball in the woods or lake before that happen

Dunno off the top of my head, but I’m sure I’ve hit double figures on all of em.

I had an 8 on a par 3 last year during our club championship. I'm sure I've had a 9-10 on a par 4 and an 11-12 on a par 5.

So, here's the par 5. Driver in the water, 3wd long and left, chunked 8i...
Screenshot_20200402-131409_Golf Pad.jpgScreenshot_20200402-131424_Golf Pad.jpgScreenshot_20200402-131430_Golf Pad.jpg

Last edited:
As for the par 3, I did t track the shots. It was that bad. It was a short, maybe 100y par 3. I hit 3 in the water with my SW before I gave in and hit a little punch hybrid just to get it up near the green.

The worst part, if not for a slow start and that hole, I played alright that day.
Screenshot_20200402-131853_Golf Pad.jpgScreenshot_20200402-131738_Golf Pad.jpg

I have a 6 now and then on Par 3s, 8 on Par 4s, and I remember 11 on a par 5 on two different courses. One 11 was not a difficult hole. If I remember correctly, I chunked 3 chip shots on that hole. I try very hard to forget those high scoring holes.

I'm gonna go with straight +5s across the board on this one. 8, 9, and 10. Not 100% sure, but I think that's accurate. I have had my version of a meltdown on each.

I've never taken anything over a triple bogey. Because for me, what's the point?

I took an 8 on a short par 4 with no penalty shots in a club championship once. Low lights of that hole were a shank, flubbed chip and 3 putt

Par3= 7
Par4= 9
Par5= 11

I try not to remember those kinds of things. I've probably hit double digits on a par 4 and par 5 a time or two. Would likely be more times but usually when the wheels come completely off we pick up and take 'X' rather than risk slowing course down.

11 on the par 4 10th hole at Bethpage Black.

I can’t remember my worst, but I know it was as bad as one of Kevin Na’s adventures. Mostly because I had picked up well before that point! 😆

Par 3 = 7 - blocked the tee shot into tall (2 foot long) grass. found the ball. hacked it about a yard. 2. hacked it another couple yards. 3. Popped ball out into the bunker. 4. Skulled ball over the green into the other bunker. 5. Out onto green. 6. Sank 25 foot putt to save a quad. 7.
Par 4 = 14 - Sliced tee shot into the woods. Sliced the next four provisional balls into the woods. Finally put one in the rough on the left side of the fairway. Do the math. Playing partner found the original ball after I'd hit that last provisional over the green and handed it to me. It had hit a tree and landed in the rough. They were standing next to it the entire time. It was in a tournament. :mad:
Par 5 = 13 - I was a beginner. Everyone does this.

Par 4 = 14 - Sliced tee shot into the woods. Sliced the next four provisional balls into the woods. Finally put one in the rough on the left side of the fairway. Do the math. Playing partner found the original ball after I'd hit that last provisional over the green and handed it to me. It had hit a tree and landed in the rough. They were standing next to it the entire time. It was in a tournament. :mad:

If each successive ball was declared a provisional, then I'm thinking that might have been the ball in play still. That 14 might not have needed to go down on the card.

What's the max allowed? :ROFLMAO: That...

I got in trouble with my coach after WD-ing in a high school match on the 1st hole, a par-4. I hit 3 straight balls OB right onto the driving range and walked right off the course. That would have been at least a 10.

Also in high school, I shot a 43 with an eagle and 4 birdies. That included a 13 on a par-5.

I made a 9 on a par-3 once with 2 OB and 1 in the drink.

I'm sure there are times where I've picked up that would have resulted in even higher scores... (this is a depressing thread - hahahaha).

That was #6 on the Citrus 9 of Rio Pinar CC in Orlando, our home course - I was 3-under after 2 and 5-under after 5 before that hole. During a high school match, I once 4-putted that hole from 18" too! I have some horrific memories of that hole...

I pick up after a triple bogey

It was on a par 5 and don't remember what it was because I couldn't count the high. :whew:

Par 3 - 7
Par 4 - 10
Par 5 - 9

The 7 and 9 came on back-to-back holes (11 and 12), after pitching in for birdie with a SW to start the round. Fat shots, topped drive, water balls, and an unplayable lie all contributed.

The 10 was the start of the worst 3-hole stretch of my life, I think. I tripled and doubled the consecutive par-5's after it for a mind-boggling 25 strokes on 3 holes -- +11! I was 1-over thru the toughest 3-hole stretch on the front nine before this happened.

These are the worst ones I can confirm; i.e. all happened in the last 3 years (in fact, they all occurred in the last 365 days; yikes!). It's probable that there is a double-digit score on a par 5 somewhere in my past.

That was #6 on the Citrus 9 of Rio Pinar CC in Orlando, our home course - I was 3-under after 2 and 5-under after 5 before that hole. During a high school match, I once 4-putted that hole from 18" too! I have some horrific memories of that hole...

Wow, 4 from 18", huh. I've 5 (and maybe 6) putted before, but even then the last 3rd to the last was still beyond 18"... and maybe the last. That's just a brutal green.

Back