Highest score ever on a par 3, 4, and 5

I must have blocked all my bad holes out because I don’t remember very many massive holes.

I made a 9 on the par 5, 7th hole at Hazeltine National by spinning 2 54* back into the water. Was a disappointment shooting 77 with a quad and hitting 2 pretty good shots.

Playing in a tournament I shot a 13 on a par 5.

1. drive
2. Hook into the water hazard on left.
You had to carry the water I hit into already for the green. It was a down hill from fairway to water. So, I dropped two clubs from green on the hill. I should have gone backwards same line to a level location, but thought better to be closer. 😆
Dropped 3 hit 4, dropped 5, hit 6, dropped 7 hit 8, and finally dropped 9 hit 10 with a different club over the water and green.
Hit 11 on to green and putter 12/13 for score. I wanted to just pickup so bad. Talk about frustration.

Just tied it the other day. I seemed to hit every tree on the hole and tried not to let it screw me up mentally the rest of the round. Still came in with a 90 at the end, but would’ve like to have had that hole back and broken 90 for the first time this year. I try not to remember the truly horrendous holes, but this one definitely stung bad.
3D70F23C-DDD0-49DB-BA94-8F9795084608.jpeg

I'm pretty sure I have shot double par, or more on all three. More so in my beginning days. I was a pretty bad golfer on a few occassions when I first started out.

I know I have used that "Equitable Stroke Control" (ESC) thing a few times over the years.

These days, a bogey 2 is a really bad hole for me.

Wow, 4 from 18", huh. I've 5 (and maybe 6) putted before, but even then the last 3rd to the last was still beyond 18"... and maybe the last. That's just a brutal green.
Downhill putt for birdie from 18", next putt was 6' back up the hill; I hit that one to the exact same spot the 1st putt started and then trickled one about 2 feet past. Thank God we still won our match!

Come to think of it, we came off of #5 during a practice round one day and we could see storm clouds on the horizon. We decided to go ahead and play the last 4 holes and try to beat the rain. Just as one guy was teeing his ball on this same #6 hole, a huge bolt of lightning hit a pine tree about 20 feet away. You've never seen 4 people run so fast!

It's also the same hole that one of my high school teammates hit a greens maintenance crewperson (a girl). She was on a mower and had pulled way left of the green and was facing away from us. Rich Brennan hits a towering 8-iron from about 160 and it was falling right toward her. We yelled but she never looked back; the ball hit her square between the shoulder blades and she yelped and fell out off the mower.

That hole is cursed I tell you! But I'd dearly love to play Rio Pinar again :)

rio pinar no. 6.PNG

Downhill putt for birdie from 18", next putt was 6' back up the hill; I hit that one to the exact same spot the 1st putt started and then trickled one about 2 feet past. Thank God we still won our match!

Come to think of it, we came off of #5 during a practice round one day and we could see storm clouds on the horizon. We decided to go ahead and play the last 4 holes and try to beat the rain. Just as one guy was teeing his ball on this same #6 hole, a huge bolt of lightning hit a pine tree about 20 feet away. You've never seen 4 people run so fast!

It's also the same hole that one of my high school teammates hit a greens maintenance crewperson (a girl). She was on a mower and had pulled way left of the green and was facing away from us. Rich Brennan hits a towering 8-iron from about 160 and it was falling right toward her. We yelled but she never looked back; the ball hit her square between the shoulder blades and she yelped and fell out off the mower.

That hole is cursed I tell you! But I'd dearly love to play Rio Pinar again :)

View attachment 8935171
Some great stories...

In high school golf matches I had some good ones. I would say a 12 is my highest score ever. I definitely had an 11 on a 115 yard par 3 on my home course growing up. The green sits right on a pond. The front of the green looks just like Sawgrass #17. I finally got over the water in 9 and had a nifty little up and down chip for 11 😂

In high school golf matches I had some good ones. I would say a 12 is my highest score ever. I definitely had an 11 on a 115 yard par 3 on my home course growing up. The green sits right on a pond. The front of the green looks just like Sawgrass #17. I finally got over the water in 9 and had a nifty little up and down chip for 11 😂

That's the "never give up" attitude that I love to see.

12 on a par 5.....#10 at Sewailo. My only comfort is I've seen someone make a 14.

Yup. It’s a long par 5 with a lot of bunkers and water. When the pin is back left just forget it.

Sewailo #10

Sounds like a hole I'd love to spend some time with. It'd likely eat my lunch, but I'm sure I could par it eventually and it would be oh so sweet when I did.

You are human after all. Lol
That hole is no joke. I’m assuming you were also playing from the tips?

Nope. But we were gambling and had to finish. A couple in the water and a couple from the bunker and you just pray to get to #11.

There's one 550ish yard par 5 here that I've played 26 times. I have 1 birdie, 4 pars, 12 bogies, 2 doubles, and 7 triples or worse. I think most of those triples or worse were in the first 10 times I played the hole. It ate my lunch for a while. Then, one day, I birdied it and now it's (kinda) out of my head. This game is so mental.

Sounds like a hole I'd love to spend some time with. It'd likely eat my lunch, but I'm sure I could par it eventually and it would be oh so sweet when I did.
Here’s a flyover. It [Sewailo] really is a spectacular course. Hole 10 sets you up for what you’re about to endure on the back 9, which is a lot more challenging than the front.

I just saw this and figured it was a good place to leave it...

Back