Highest spinning ball (from the tee box) you've ever played or seen?

jhd12

Reaction score
Handicap
Tee shot - what's the highest spinning ball you have ever played or seen off the tee?

Thank you!

I dont have my own info from years past, but from this year it was the MTB-X.
Spun significantly more off the tee than a few others for me.

The spinniest ball I've ever seen was the Tour Editon(Spalding). I gamed it back in the 1980's for a few years. It was the first ball to spin like balata(more) but be somewhat durable.

Here's a quote from a Greg Norman interview about the ball.

"Most amateurs would die to be able to spin the ball backward, but for a pro there's no problem as frustrating as spinning the ball too much. During the mid-'80s I played the Tour Edition ball, which spun like no ball before or since. The third hole at Augusta National was a nightmare for me. There just was no place to land the ball and keep it on the green. Once, not knowing what else to do, I landed my ball on the right side of the green and spun it sideways 90 feet to the left, to where the pin was. The Tour Edition helped me win the 1986 British Open at Turnberry, because the greens were like rocks, and it was the only ball that would hold. But it killed me in majors in America, including more than one Masters, because the damn thing spun so much."

I would have to say the MTB red ball from last year. I tried a dozen of them and still have a half dozen left because they Spohn way too much off my driver. I was hitting pop flies with them and when I got on the launch monitor has seen about 600 RPM more spin then BMT believe that I normally played

I was going to say the old Balata balls LOL! Those things were crazy.

MTB-X by a good bit over anything I can think of recently.

There was a Precept ball form the late 90s early aughts that spun like mad for me. I wish I could recall the name.

This year, the Srixon ZStar XV seemed to spin more than any other ball I tried.

I'm thinking any ball I yell "FORE RIGHT!!" on.?

I was going to say the old Balata balls LOL! Those things were crazy.
They just spun sideways for me! I am so glad that ball technology has advanced past the Baladas.

The 3 piece Costco ball

The original TM Penta spun too much for me, especially off driver and longer clubs. Balloon city.

Recently the Z-Star XV, just punishes me with more curve compared to others.

The Nike 20XI-X has to be up there for me.

From balls I've used it's the MTBx with the Tour B XS not too far behind.

The Nike one Platinum.

callaway Tour iz ball

I still have a new sleeve from about 30 yrs ago!

tqFnq57.jpg
That's awesome!!! I think the old red for 90 and black for 100 compression is the reason so many people still think Pro V1X's are the softer of the 2 balls today.

Can't say I've really noticed a difference between spin rates off the tee. I see people mention MTB Red, but ironically that ball is what I shot my lowest round with and by far was my most accurate period of driving the ball. :confused:

I still have a new sleeve from about 30 yrs ago!

tqFnq57.jpg

This. For perspective these balls off an 8 iron spin close to 10k rpms. They were crazy spinners. The only problem is they could warp if you had a high enough swing speed. That and a 60 yard slice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Flite Gamer Tour. I could hit some truly spectacular slices with that guy.

There was a Precept ball form the late 90s early aughts that spun like mad for me. I wish I could recall the name.

This year, the Srixon ZStar XV seemed to spin more than any other ball I tried.

The Precept Tour Premium ball had incredible spin. Not sure if that's the one your thinking of.

I usually have low trajectory on drives but that ball would balloon into the slightest wind with driver. Definitely the highest spin I've seen off driver.

Back