Hilarious David Feherty Introduction

I was watching the rerun and laughing at Feherty until the boss took control of our tv. Then I spotted this thread, lol. Thanks for the coverage guys.

The amazing part of that tee shot is that GG is literally sitting right in front of the tee box on the right side. The balls were all going right over her head.

That must be pretty cool to be that close and actually feel safe. lol

DF kills me! He is the best on course commentator in the business! I was watching on tv earlier and I was busting out laughing the entire time.. he is so quick witted it amazes me!

That would be good for the players to put them in a good mood before the round. G-Mac was enjoying it a lot it looked like.

He shouldn't have explained the Ian Poulter joke. He is my favorite golf announcer.

Feherty is on fire today on the first tee. I think he's really funny, and adds a lot to every golf broadcast serious tourney or fun event.

Listening to Faherty and the guys joking around having fun yesterday and this morning, i think having more tournaments like that, on the big channels on the weekend, where guys can be funny, entertaining and show personality would do more to help the game expand than anything outside of Tiger.

I'm certain they'd grab more viewers if Faherty and company are out there busting balls than all the reserved seriousness (and i like the reserved seriousness of competitive golf mind you) that we get in an average pga event. Most of the guys we see followed at these events have a comfortable living, they're not living or dieing on the results of a round, so every tournament doesn't have to be treated like there's an anvil hanging over someone's head.

We always say that most golfers aren't good and just golf for fun, so chances are it'll be easier and more fun for them to get into watching golf consistantly if Faherty and McIlrory start making jokes after Rory's splash landing at 18 at doral, something similar to what they'd experience with their buddies. I think that would also help the demeanor on the average course. We've all mentioned how much we hate "that guy" who throws clubs and says cuss words that would make a sailor blush. Well when Tiger is out there acting like a 5 year old, and kevin na is digging holes to bury treasure on the tee box with his 5 iron, it validates that type of activity to "that guy". If you have tourny's where guys are acting like they are today, rory hits one in the water then starts cracking jokes it says "hey, these guys are pro's and who are supposed to be better than you and have more riding on this. if they can let it go and joke in the moment, so should you"

And that is why Feherty is my favorite golf announcer

+1 for Feherty. I really appreciate his humor. I even like McCord. Never know what either will say, but neither are ever totally boring.

boxers not briefs! Rose's mom! Special needs Irish person!

Is the Tavistock always like that? Totally funny stuff! Each guy must've dreaded being on the tee box with DF on a roll...

Would have loved to see Feherety cover the players party that Cink and others have been tweeting about. That would have been groundbreaking tv

I think i'm never going to get over the story Faherty told about him and darren clarke blowing up the engine in one of faherty's sports cars. Could you imagine partying with those guys, whoa

Love Feherty thanks for sharing JB.

Here's Feherty doing 5 questions with Padraig Harrington

There was one time on Day 2 when he was asking Tiger to commentate on what others were doing on a certain hole. Good stuff. Feherty is a good part of TV golf. Makes everyone appear more down to earth with his humor and wit.

There was one time on Day 2 when he was asking Tiger to commentate on what others were doing on a certain hole. Good stuff. Feherty is a good part of TV golf. Makes everyone appear more down to earth with his humor and wit.

I caught that as well, i think it was on the 12th. it was really good stuff, could tiger become the next generation's nick faldo in the booth?

I love Feherty. He's lost a good 30 lbs since last year, he looks really good.

I loved the "I'd like to have the money that paid for that gut"

Back