Hilton Head - 2014 THP Invitational #1 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

To anyone feeling intimidated or concerned about you play, let me tell you a story some you may have already heard.

The first time I met anyone from THP, I decided to hit up an unofficial gathering of Florida people at Waterlefe, a course that is none too easy. I had been playing golf for about five months, and I was grouped with Tadashi and TroutBum. Both of them shot close to par while I carded a 104. It still goes down as one of my favorite rounds of golf ever. They were both amazingly welcoming and supportive, I couldn't have asked for a better first event.

Jump in with both feet and don't worry about how you play because it will soon prove to be unimportant as you laugh your way around the course.

To anyone feeling intimidated or concerned about you play, let me tell you a story some you may have already heard.

The first time I met anyone from THP, I decided to hit up an unofficial gathering of Florida people at Waterlefe, a course that is none too easy. I had been playing golf for about five months, and I was grouped with Tadashi and TroutBum. Both of them shot close to par while I carded a 104. It still goes down as one of my favorite rounds of golf ever. They were both amazingly welcoming and supportive, I couldn't have asked for a better first event.

Jump in with both feet and don't worry about how you play because it will soon prove to be unimportant as you laugh your way around the course.

Yes to this. My experience playing golf with Freddie was the same. One of the most inclusive people I know and just a mirror of so many here. DO NOT worry about this kind of stuff. It DOES NOT matter. Congrats to those who got in. Wishing it would have worked out, but this one was not in the cards for me.

JM

Finally got home and got some some time to go through everything. For some reason the email wasnt showing on my phone earlier so I thought I had not got in but low and behold checked it at home and had that all glorious message from golfergal. Needless to say my mood greatly improved reading that. I am really looking forward to playing with all you guys and seeing first hand the type of quality event that THP puts together. Im gonna be practicing hard from here to March especially on water carries since the course will require several of them. Again thanks to THP making events like these available to us regular golfers.
Congrats on getting in. Way to jump right in and you WILL have a blast I guarantee it. Just a great bunch of guys and gals.

JM

Looking forward to hitting the course with you again Greg. Too much fun last time in Sarasota.

List of participants as of now

Smithfaced- North Carolina
SoxFan- Georgia
Knightlightpro- Florida
Miller Time- Georgia
Toad- Georgia
V.man- Georgia
Wlurker17- Georgia
cpljohnst- Georgia
TNTcigarguy-
Flog2424- Georgia
JustHacking- Georgia
Deuce- S. Carolina
Greg Kublick- Florida
Penglynns- Florida
Tadashi- Florida
O'Carrol- New York
afwcardinal- Texas
Jhstew1-
GolfinFF- Ohio
Bogeybrain- Florida
MikeDean441 AKA Deano, Mr. 441, The Negotiator- Ohio
Bear4ever- Tenesse
Jaxgolfer1- Florida
AtlGolfer AKA 75@clive- Georgia
RammerJammer21- S. Carolina
Troyefl- Florida
MichiganSlice- Michigan
Arydolphin- Massachusetts
Threeboysdad- Texas?
Phenom4hire- Georgia
Jeff Spicoli-

Wait list
mmaynard11- Ohio
Milehighgolfer- Colorado
DawgDaddy- Georgia

???Robman7- Ohio???

I know I am missing 2 for the list of participants and maybe a few on wait list. I do apologize for missing you just quote this post and say where your at an I'll correct it.

Last edited:
My former partner Jeff Spicoli will be there I reckon

gff you're missing Jeff Spicoli, and there are two that I'm missing as well.

My former partner Jeff Spicoli will be there I reckon

Double par or double bogey? That it's the question...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Spicoli was added, I'm still short 2 but can't figure out who as I went off those who commented they are in.

I don't see Troutbum on the list. I was hoping Marc was going to make it. Could he be the one missing from the list? Know he was traveling yesterday.

I tried to send it in Barry from the road lol but I don't think it went through, the service was sketchy and I lost bars a couple times trying. I can always volunteer to help if it's needed. Thanks for looking out for me buddy, it is appreciated.

Jump on the waiting list Trout! Would love to see you in HHI!

I'll be there!

SoxFan- Georgia
Knightlightpro- Florida
Miller Time- Georgia
Toad- Georgia
V.man- Georgia
Wlurker17- Georgia
cpljohnst- Georgia
TNTcigarguy-
Flog2424- Georgia
JustHacking- Georgia
Deuce- S. Carolina
Greg Kublick- Florida
Penglynns- Florida
Tadashi- Florida
O'Carrol- New York
afwcardinal- Texas
Jhstew1-
GolfinFF- Ohio
Bogeybrain- Florida
Bear4ever- Tenesse
Jaxgolfer1- Florida
Troyefl- Florida
MichiganSlice- Michigan
Threeboysdad- Texas?
Phenom4hire- Georgia
Jeff Spicoli-

Wait list
mmaynard11- Ohio
Milehighgolfer- Colorado
DawgDaddy- Georgia

???Robman7- Ohio???

I know I am missing 2 for the list of participants and maybe a few on wait list. I do apologize for missing you just quote this post and say where your at an I'll correct it.

SoxFan- Georgia
Knightlightpro- Florida
Miller Time- Georgia
Toad- Georgia
V.man- Georgia
Wlurker17- Georgia
cpljohnst- Georgia
TNTcigarguy-
Flog2424- Georgia
JustHacking- Georgia
Deuce- S. Carolina
Greg Kublick- Florida
Penglynns- Florida
Tadashi- Florida
O'Carrol- New York
afwcardinal- Texas
Jhstew1-
GolfinFF- Ohio
Bogeybrain- Florida
Bear4ever- Tenesse
Jaxgolfer1- Florida
Troyefl- Florida
MichiganSlice- Michigan
Threeboysdad- Texas?
Phenom4hire- Georgia
Jeff Spicoli-

Wait list
mmaynard11- Ohio
Milehighgolfer- Colorado
DawgDaddy- Georgia

???Robman7- Ohio???

Apparently we need to make this event a fund raiser as well because it appears we have 3 homeless guys that will be attending the HHI. :silly: 441, is that one of your specialties as well?

Seriously, I am very excited that this will be my first THP event and look forward to meeting all that will be attending!

I tried to send it in Barry from the road lol but I don't think it went through, the service was sketchy and I lost bars a couple times trying. I can always volunteer to help if it's needed. Thanks for looking out for me buddy, it is appreciated.

Wait list!

Hope you can make it in Marc!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just sent it buddy, hopefully I can get in.

Good luck Trout, I want in this one so bad I can taste it. Hopefully we make it in.

You too Dawg, this is going to be a great start to an awesome THP Invitational season.

You guys are going to have fun. For the first timers, don't worry about golfing skills. THP does a great job with pairing groups. Just have fun and you'll soon find out how much fun this events are.

Back