Hilton Head - 2014 THP Invitational #1 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

It warmed up and stopped raining here yesterday just long enough to tease me into thinking spring was on its way. Now today it's back to the frozen tundra.

Soooo pumped to head back to Hilton Head after too long of a break.

I think there might some ugly swings on the first tee from those of us that live up North.

We are making plans at this time but they aren't finalized because it's my son's spring break week. I definitely will be playing on Sunday and I hope to play on Friday as well. I just have to figure out my departure time. Really looking forward to this event and getting to play some golf!

Haven't finalized plans yet. But will definitely be there for rounds Friday and Sunday if anyone is keeping track.

If they open up another 4 some I will be playing Friday & Sunday, I really hope so.

I think there might some ugly swings on the first tee from those of us that live up North.

It's your choice to live there.

No mercy. I'm sweeping the leg.

It's your choice to live there.

No mercy. I'm sweeping the leg.

167+Sweep+the+leg.jpg

I'm trying to figure out what my golf schedule will be that weekend. It looks like my dad will be in HHI that weekend, and I'm likely going to get at least one round in with him at his course. Don't know if that will be Friday or Sunday though.

I'll be looking for some THPers the other day, though. That's a given.

I had class on Friday until 11 so I'll probably get there sometime around 5ish I would imagine. I'm really hoping to play on Sunday as well but I've got a long drive back and class early Monday morning.

If they open up another 4 some I will be playing Friday & Sunday, I really hope so.

I am counting on it.

Put in for vacation days for Friday and Saturday.

Made reservation for hotel Thursday-Sunday

I will be driving down from Baltimore with a stop at Pinehurst or Myrtle Tuesday and Wednesday.

Rounds at Hilton Head Thursday and Friday.

I propose we have a "how to play this hole" for holes 1-18 starting 18 days before the event.

Great idea! As someone that has played here quite a few times, learn the value of patience and dont be afraid to hit some irons/hybrids off the tee. This one is more about keeping it in play. Of course some of the tees and holes make you hit driver in places where it just doesnt look very appealing to your eye.

I propose we have a "how to play this hole" for holes 1-18 starting 18 days before the event.

Wasn't there one of those going for the Las Vegas invitational? It was cool to see the new hole posted each day and everyone's response. Great idea and will be a fun way to count the final days down!

We are very close to making another foursome, so if you are on the fence about signing up for this one, get your name on the waiting list, your chances of making it onto the final roster is very good!!

We are very close to making another foursome, so if you are on the fence about signing up for this one, get your name on the waiting list, your chances of making it onto the final roster is very good!!

In case anyone missed it, GG is ready to add some more people to the field...who else wants in????

HHJJ!!

Like Jordan, I likely will not be able to get there until late afternoon Friday. My school days are long in my past but taking my wife and daughter to my wife's sister's house in Beaufort prior to coming to HH which will add a couple of hours to my trip but at least she will be happy.

Like Jordan, I likely will not be able to get there until late afternoon Friday. My school days are long in my past but taking my wife and daughter to my wife's sister's house in Beaufort prior to coming to HH which will add a couple of hours to my trip but at least she will be happy.

i will be around late Friday as well if you or anyone wants to try to play 9 holes

I keep checking in hoping for some good news. Trying hard not to be impatient nor disappointed should the openings not happen.

I thought there were already four or five on the wait list...?

Edit per a post a few pages back:

mmaynard
DawgDaddy
TroutBum
Robman7
milehighgolfer

I keep checking in hoping for some good news. Trying hard not to be impatient nor disappointed should the openings not happen.

Hang in there DD its CLOSE....need us someone else to jump in on this awesome event!

THP built it... You should come!

I thought there were already four or five on the wait list...?

Edit per a post a few pages back:

mmaynard
DawgDaddy
TroutBum
Robman7
milehighgolfer

I figured that we already had the numbers.
#tryinghardtobepatient

I figured that we already had the numbers.
#tryinghardtobepatient
Was there a step that needed to be taken to get yourself on the waiting list (email to GG) that someone might have forgotten? Not sure simply posting in the thread would've gotten you on the list.

Just a guess in my part.

Shot one: pull hook into trees
Shot two: drop
Shot three: chunky iron into marsh...

You mean like that? :)

Back