Hilton Head on a budget

Wholeinone

WholeinOne
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm going to Hilton Head with two other guys in late February. I've never played there before but I note that many of the courses have greens fees in excess of $100. I'll be there 5 days and want to play 4 rounds but I'm not used to paying that much to play golf (on a retired pastor's income).

Anyone know of discounts that can be had?

Or, in lieu of that, do you know of courses off the island that are more reasonably priced and worth playing?

One that interests me is The Legends at Parris Island since my father trained there in WWII. Anyone know anything about that course?

Thanks in advance.

Old South Golf Links is just off the island and was a nice course. Came up a few times for this category of less expensive courses in the HHI area.

I'm going to Hilton Head with two other guys in late February. I've never played there before but I note that many of the courses have greens fees in excess of $100. I'll be there 5 days and want to play 4 rounds but I'm not used to paying that much to play golf (on a retired pastor's income).

Anyone know of discounts that can be had?

Or, in lieu of that, do you know of courses off the island that are more reasonably priced and worth playing?

One that interests me is The Legends at Parris Island since my father trained there in WWII. Anyone know anything about that course?

Thanks in advance.

legends is fun. Played it once. A few quirky holes but a good play

Best way to guarantee a lower rate on HHI is to walk the course.

FWIW the early morning rack rate at Arthur Hills (with a cart) was $100 this past weekend. I prefer walking and did so for $65 - couldn't believe they're getting $35 for a cart.

If you can rent a condo at Southwind 2 in Shipyard Plantation, they come with a golf package that is almost unbelievable. I have a timeshare in that complex and I get a foursome of golf every day at any of the three Palmetto Dunes courses for only a cart fee.
contact RMC Resort Management for details (843-842-6556)

I haven't played any of the courses over there recently, but Crescent Pointe, Eagles Pointe, Rose Hill, and Hilton Head Lakes all used to be pretty reasonably priced. There's a lot of courses around there and most have a lower afternoon rate if you're willing to play after 12:00pm.

we went to HHI for like 20 years straight in summer for family vacation. Almost always we played OFF island. Lots of courses. Many of the courses ON Island are like driving a golf ball down a pine tree lined bowling lane.

Definitely best deals will be off-island. And hit Kenny B's near Coligny Circle for a good cajun/seafood meal very reasonable...

Wife and I did this back in the spring. As mentioned above, Old South Golf Links is a great course just over the bridge on the Bluffton side. Right next door to Old South is Hilton Head National. HHNatl was by far the best course we played there. Conditions were fantastic, staff was amazing, pace of place was spot on....all around, great course and experience. If you're staying on-island, both of these courses will at most be a 15 minute drive. I will definitely go back and play there. We also played Oyster Reef (not bad, fun course, but conditions weren't great), Arthur Hills (conditions not great, staff was all very rude) on island.

Definitely best deals will be off-island. And hit Kenny B's near Coligny Circle for a good cajun/seafood meal very reasonable...
Kenny B’s is the best po-boy I’ve had outside of Louisiana

It’s been awhile but my group enjoyed Island West the few times we went probably 10+ years ago

Anyone making way to Hilton Head and interested in a deal for a 4some at a nice place. Drop me a PM and I'll advise. My first offer was to poster but they seem to have disappeared.

Back