Hitting Clean or Dirty Golf Balls

Basically any time I pick up my ball I'll wipe it off if it needs it. I really just want it to look nice for the next person who finds it. Also wipe off my clubs after every shot. On the range it's a little looser but I'm definitely not trying to hit sandy anything with my driver, 3W & hybrids if I can avoid it.

no one likes dirty balls @Canadan :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Gotta keep them fresh and clean. I'm super picky about my clubs so if I have the opportunity to lift clean and place, I will. On the range, I will clean the ball off if it's got sand on it.

Spot on! If the rain stops and the wind kicks up the towel is sometimes dry again by the 14th!
The glove however is soaked by the time you get to the 1st green and is useless by the time you get to the second tee. Grips are like holding onto bars of soap and you're wishing you'd kept the brownie points saved up for the next sunny day!

I clean the ball before teeing off every hole and once I’m on the green. The range I go to isn’t too bad with sand/dirt, but if a ball is caked in sand I’ll wipe it off.

I'm not sure what kind of fancy driving ranges you guys have but the only clean balls I ever hit are my own on the course.

Grass stains or discoloration don't bother me much and I'm terrified of the ball washer curse, so I'll generally tee off with a stained ball but never mud or sand.

What is the ball washer curse?

I tend to clean my ball after every hole. on the range, Ill clean it off between driver shots, but with my irons, not much I can do unless I want to add a bunch of time to the session haha. Ranges down here are pretty sandy.....

I am notorious among my peers for having the dirtiest balls.

It's definitely not one of the things I obsess about, but I get better as the weather does. It's so muddy right now that it's a constant/losing battle.

Definitely shows in terms of club wear, but the turf around here are no marshmallows on clubs anyway.

On the range, no I don't clean my golf balls. I typically by pre-owned golf balls and play a lot of what I pick up on the course because I can loose a ton. I can deal with stains and typically don't mind them, but I like my golf balls as clean as I can get them between holes and on the greens.

for you characters... I cannot tell you how many times I've typed "balls" and had to go back and add "golf" before it.

Can't take you guys anywhere:ROFLMAO:

Probably, but it’s less fun without us!

I try to clean the golf ball after every hole. If mud is on the ball I might also clean it.

I can't stand playing with a dirty ball. I will clean it before every tee shot, and once I reach the green. If it's early season and still gloppy out, And I'm getting mud on the ball, I will tell my playing partners that it's lift, clean, and place. We're all like minded people, and are there to enjoy ourselves, not engage in self abuse!

I get picky when hitting range balls and try not to hit anything dirty or scuffed if I can help it.
On course ball gets cleaned between holes. I have got into the habit of putting small ball towel in my pocket going to the green to wipe it down before putting.

Always clean mine when the ball washer machine is present, with the exception of last year where I used my own towel and a bottle of water instead. Never thought about looking at a range ball for dirt as most are washed once they come out of the machine.

Im not wiping down range balls.............

Our range balls are washed, so no worries there. On the course, I clean the ball whenever I pick it up if there's mud or sand clinging to it, but I'm not obsessive about it.

I clean my golf ball whenever there’s a opportunity, before putting and before I hit drives. As well, keep my irons and all my clubs in clean shape by carrying wet towel with me. The course where I play all the range balls are washed so sandy balls are really not an issue. I know what you mean though Sandy balls can really mark up a driver face pretty quick.

I like them clean. But haven't thought of the range....just normally hit what's there.

I hate sand on the range so every ball you roll to hit is covered with sand, grinding out the face of my clubs

clean my ball every tee shot and putt

Range balls don't matter to me as much as my game ball. I clean them prior to the putt. My last round I left a few in the water hazards for a deep cleaning.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I clean it if it's got a chunk of dirt stuck to it or if it plugged, but not if there's a piece of grass on it.

Back