Hobbies Outside of Golf

I also ride - Moto Guzzi V7 III Special.

Cigars - My current place doesn't allow smoking and I don't have many great places to smoke so I don't do it nearly as much. I had a good collection going and stopped buying about 3-4 years ago and just been smoking the stash. Now I'm at a point where I've got like 30 cigars left that are all "special" so don't want to smoke 'em anymore ha!

59979.jpeg

Looking for The Big One:geek:

Nothing currently that I dedicate time to like I do golf. Most of the time my hobbies become obsessions and I burn out on them. Golf is the hobby I've hung in the longest. Right now, I've foregone all my hobbies and cut my golf in half for time with my little boy. I think he's my new hobby. ?

Wood working. Design(Graphics & 3D), Coed & men's league Softball, target shooting, collecting guns, playing guitar, collecting guitars, drag racing, auto-mechanics, concerts, music, video games, baseball, the list goes on....

Last edited:
Traditional wet shaving. Ive got a small collection of razors, blades, brushes, soaps and aftershaves. Once youve had a good, tradional wet shave with a straight razor; theres no going back to a Fusion and Barbasol. :LOL:

I'm not quite at your level but I use a double sided safety with Feather blades and Proraso soap.

I cook/bake, Play softball and heading out for rides on this
DE0FE68A-6D57-42ED-9480-7A0ACFE09685.jpeg

I'm not quite at your level but I use a double sided safety with Feather blades and Proraso soap.
Nice. I did the double edge thing for a few years and then moved on to a shavette. Theres nothing like the shave of a straight razor and the shavette eliminates the cost and hassle of a real straight razor.
I do still have a few DEs though: a Timeless, an Above The Tie and an '80 Gillette Super Speed. Ive also got a couple Simpson brushes. I used to have a lot more gear than I do now but Ive kind of cut back on the gear to just the stuff that I really enjoy using or that has some special meaning to me. I used to have probaly 5 or 6 vintage Gillettes but it got to where I wasnt even using most of them anymore because Im so into straights now that I decided to cut back and sell them to people who will use them.
For blades I use Personna Lab Blues in the DE and Derbys in the shavette. I used to use Feathers and Kais but for me they really arent any better than Personnas and the Personnas are much cheaper.

Off-roading and rock crawling 849EBF51-6A62-4C51-8CFC-F3AFEEA7914A.png

Fishing guy here. Typically inshore species like snook, redfish and Tarpon when they're around, but this time of year I'm targeting triple tail and SheepHead.

Attachments

• 20130407_175217000_iOS.jpg
    20130407_175217000_iOS.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Bourbon tasting, smoking meats, grilling, fishing, hunting, coin collecting.

I also love motorcycles been to Sturgis and Bikes Blues and BBQ
We do a lot of Hiking Hiked Black Elk peak and Valley of Fire state park are
some favorites and I love restoring cars especially the paint aspect.

Attachments

• softail.jpg
    softail.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 12
  • south dakota.jpg
    south dakota.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 13
  • trans am 2.jpg
    trans am 2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 12
Just curious what everyone's hobbies are outside golf? I am into motorcycles. I know, I know, another expensive habit, but I do all the work on my bikes myself. Here's a couple pics of my current bike. 2017 Kawasaki Z900. Just did an exhaust mod on her. Did a full system. Headers back to the can. I did all the other mods myself too. Just enjoy working on her! Just got a new helmet for Christmas too!View attachment 8921827View attachment 8921828View attachment 8921822View attachment 8921824View attachment 8921825View attachment 8921826

Funnily enough, I share the same other passion, with the same bike. Only got into motorcycling about 3 years ago, so I’m a late starter. It has however, taken over golf as my number one obsession. So wish I’d got into this in my 20’s.Im curious, I have a can on mine. Did you have to get a remap or power commander with the full system? How is the sound? Obnoxiously loud or ok?
9604dbe2047f18e09f7af2b79e9dc474.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little fun in the sun today not involving golf.

1F5D0418-18CF-49C1-8AEB-8B72AF4A8150.jpeg
71CAE1A7-BCF4-457B-A6BA-A32ADD73CF69.jpeg

I use the same as you. Maybe get into the straight shave at some point.

I am pretty obsessed with trying to make the best pizza dough for pizza on my Ooni.

also started calligraphy for some reason at the start of the year.
14110DD5-E319-46DD-A2E6-A043309DF57E.jpeg

I use the same as you. Maybe get into the straight shave at some point.

I am pretty obsessed with trying to make the best pizza dough for pizza on my Ooni.

also started calligraphy for some reason at the start of the year.
View attachment 8927325
That's great. I did a semester of calligraphy in high school, still pull out some pens on occasion to write out something special.

Only thing I participate in outside of golf is bowling. Been doing that since I was 8. Golf only since late 20's. Other things I enjoy the wife and I have season tickets to the theater here in LA. Kids sports take up quite a bit of our time too.

Cars....my latest an 87 Porsche 944 Turbo....

Fish, read, metal detect, exercise, video gaming on occasion, play slots.

Cycling and cooking. Road cycling, shooting for over 2,500 miles and my first 100 miler. Cooking mainly cajun and creole cuisine. Smoking is a more than a hobby. A good day would a metric century, 62 miles, perfect pot of gumbo and breaking 80.

Hunting, fishing, weight training, coin collecting, bourbon tasting.

I also love motorcycles been to Sturgis and Bikes Blues and BBQ
We do a lot of Hiking Hiked Black Elk peak and Valley of Fire state park are
some favorites and I love restoring cars especially the paint aspect.
Love the transam!

Funnily enough, I share the same other passion, with the same bike. Only got into motorcycling about 3 years ago, so I’m a late starter. It has however, taken over golf as my number one obsession. So wish I’d got into this in my 20’s.Im curious, I have a can on mine. Did you have to get a remap or power commander with the full system? How is the sound? Obnoxiously loud or ok?
9604dbe2047f18e09f7af2b79e9dc474.jpg

Awesome! Nice Z btw. For the can you shouldn't need anything. The full system I got actually stated that there was no remapping required, but it says that they eventually recommend it. I did a lot of research and the Z is made so some exhausts you don't have to. I will probably get a power commander for it next Christmas just bc. I absolutely love the sound. If you want you can pm me and I can send you a video of the sound but the video does it no justice. It is pretty loud but that's what I wanted. I wanted people to be able to hear me.

If you need more reasons @ApexFan these are from my bike ride today. Straight out my door. In the heart of Phoenix.
C6111C40-5E43-4D4C-A2E7-562F6C777960.jpeg76359549-AA11-4578-ACD3-278DD683E15E.jpegFEAF3D68-499E-4100-9F58-5F93BC974B87.jpegCBC29B4E-F570-41A8-8FE0-5EF331DC75E6.jpeg

Biking (mountain first, but road will do), hunting, fishing, rc crawler trucks... and I just ordered kayaks for my wife and I!!

Back