Hockey stick question

Graz

Husker Pride Nation Wide
Reaction score
Handicap
Just a quick question for you hockey players on here. I use Easton one piece sticks and have to get a new once since I destroyed my Synergy on a slapper.
Is there a huge difference between the 2010 Stealth S19 and the 2009 Stealth S17? The price at my local shop for the S19 is $249 and the S17 is on sale for $199. It appears to be the exact same technology with differing graphics. Any opinions would be appreciated.

They claim that the S19 has some super tapered section so who knows. I cheap out on sticks and get the S5 so I have no experience with either. I say spend the extra 50, Im sure you wont notice the difference, but its new and cool.:act-up:
I did pick up the S17 stealth helmet and must say the thing is pretty amazing.

I read that about the tapered section as well but looking side-by-side they have an identical taper. I asked a few of the guys at the hockey shop after my post and they said that they are pretty much the same stick. Despite your advice I saved myself the $50. :act-up: I do like the black and gray graphics on the S19 compared to the black and red of the S17 but I will get over it.
I have the RBK 8K and am soooo happy with it. It will be awhile (hopefully) before I have to worry about a new shell.

Thanks Gas!

The Bauer One95 is pretty sweet too. One of the guys on my team picked one up.

I was going to mess around with other brands but I broke my favorite stick in my last game and needed a replacement asap as my backup is a Synergy made for Derek Morris and it is a pro-spec flex thus a little tougher to whip my wrister with even with my weight at 205.

So after a couple of weeks with the new stick, how do you like it?
One of my s5's is almost done and it might be time for an upgrade.

To be honest, I find all easton sticks to be the same. I have used easton sticks all my life until now. I have had the Orange Synergy and an Easton Elite. I would just go with the S17

I also recommend looking at Warrior. Great sticks. I have a Mac Daddy right now.

I also recommend looking at Warrior. Great sticks. I have a Mac Daddy right now.

Hey Dent, are you pretty familiar with the Warrior curves. I love the Ignla curve on the Eastons but if I compare the specs with the Warrior, the curve looks completely different. I broke my S13 the other night.

Hey Dent, are you pretty familiar with the Warrior curves. I love the Ignla curve on the Eastons but if I compare the specs with the Warrior, the curve looks completely different. I broke my S13 the other night.

I love Iginla curves too Gas! That's all I use. If you are looking for an Iginla like curve with the Warrior, possibly look at the Federov curve for warrior. They look almost alike.

There might be a little less curve with the Federov though but that is how I usually like them. This is exactly what I was looking at too when I switched to Warrior was to find an Iginla like curve. I broke my Warrior a couple weeks ago and went back to Easton.

One peice of advice, if you are into the higher quality Warrior sticks DO NOT get the: Anthem, Swizzle or the Johnson or any of the cheaper warriors, they are super heavy and they just feel awful. I had a Swizzle after the Mac Daddy and thank god I broke it almost a week after I bought it. If you are going Warrior look into the Mac Daddy, Dolomite, Kronik, etc.

One peice of advice, if you are into the higher quality Warrior sticks DO NOT get the: Anthem, Swizzle or the Johnson or any of the cheaper warriors, they are super heavy and they just feel awful. I had a Swizzle after the Mac Daddy and thank god I broke it almost a week after I bought it. If you are going Warrior look into the Mac Daddy, Dolomite, Kronik, etc.

Im between the S19 and the Kronic right now. After comparing the specs, I thought the Kovalchuk was pretty close but when you look they are completely different. Ill have to put them side by side before my next game.

Im between the S19 and the Kronic right now. After comparing the specs, I thought the Kovalchuk was pretty close but when you look they are completely different. Ill have to put them side by side before my next game.

Both are really good sticks Gas. If money is no object go for the S19 but if it is, the S17 I feel is no different. Here you go:

Warrior-Blade-Patterns.jpg

hockeymonkey_2095_78188415

So Gasmam bought me a new S19 last night, shes the best.:banana: It should be here by next week but my league doesnt start up again until April. I just remembered now that I should of waited a little closer because if It breaks im screwed. The warranty is only for 30 days right?

So Gasmam bought me a new S19 last night, shes the best.:banana: It should be here by next week but my league doesnt start up again until April. I just remembered now that I should of waited a little closer because if It breaks im screwed. The warranty is only for 30 days right?

Yes 30 days.

Yes 30 days.

Dam, im hoping it either breaks the first week or it doesnt break at all. I wonder if Easton matches serial numbers to the place you buy them from? I have a couple of buddies at the pro shop who might be able to work some magic.

Dam, im hoping it either breaks the first week or it doesnt break at all. I wonder if Easton matches serial numbers to the place you buy them from? I have a couple of buddies at the pro shop who might be able to work some magic.

Yes, there is a sticker they take off from the stick at the place you bought it and they stick it on their own receipt, that contains the cereal number. I'm pretty sure all warrantys are dealt with directly to Easton.

Your stick wont break it in the first week. If you are avoiding things like people stepping on it, falling on it, and it getting stuck in the boards. The only thing that will mostly likely happen is the blade will get worn down and eventually be unplayable.

Your stick wont break it in the first week. If you are avoiding things like people stepping on it, falling on it, and it getting stuck in the boards. The only thing that will mostly likely happen is the blade will get worn down and eventually be unplayable.

I broke an S5 and an S13 last season from two of the three things you mentioned. Im not really too worried about it. I got a lot of use out of them.

Then again if you don't like it, break it :D

Haha, thats a great idea. Just give it a good old lumberjack chop into something.

Back