Hogan VKTR+ Hybrid (thanks Q2 Post Drive contest)

Chef23

2023 Srixon Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I had been gone for a couple of days and when I returned one of my favorite things was there a long think box which indicates a new golf club. When my wife asked what I had bought I have to admit I couldn't remember (which she thinks is a problem). Upon opening I discovered a beautiful VKTR+ 4 hybrid (22*). I was fortunate enough to win second place in the Q2 Post Drive and @Canadan reached out and asked what gap I was interested in filling in my bag. The space between my longest iron and shortest fairway wood has been an issue ever since I stopped generating enough speed to hit 3 and 4 iron consistently.

I can't wait to get out and hit this club. I really like the way it looks at address. I have found most hybrids to be hooky for me and this club sits nice and square. It should get some range time tonight.

Thanks again. I will post here as I get to hit it. The Albatross Club pays off again.

I had been gone for a couple of days and when I returned one of my favorite things was there a long think box which indicates a new golf club. When my wife asked what I had bought I have to admit I couldn't remember (which she thinks is a problem). Upon opening I discovered a beautiful VKTR+ 4 hybrid (22*). I was fortunate enough to win second place in the Q2 Post Drive and @Canadan reached out and asked what gap I was interested in filling in my bag. The space between my longest iron and shortest fairway wood has been an issue ever since I stopped generating enough speed to hit 3 and 4 iron consistently.

I can't wait to get out and hit this club. I really like the way it looks at address. I have found most hybrids to be hooky for me and this club sits nice and square. It should get some range time tonight.

Thanks again. I will post here as I get to hit it. The Albatross Club pays off again.
Love it! Excited to see some feedback on that one, enjoy it!

Nice club, that's going to be a fun one! Cant wait to hear how it plays for you!

PICTURES!! also what shaft Is in it?

If your not familiar with hybrids and Hook the first few, just move the ball back in your stance. I found in my new hybrid I have to play it with an Iron ball position not a Wood position.

PICTURES!! also what shaft Is in it?

If your not familiar with hybrids and Hook the first few, just move the ball back in your stance. I found in my new hybrid I have to play it with an Iron ball position not a Wood position.

I have played different hybrids for years and generally set up similar to a 3 or 4 iron but if I struggle with the hooks again I will look at moving ball position back.

It has the Recoil ES F485 shaft in it.

Last edited:
I have played different hybrids for years and generally set up similar to a 3 or 4 iron but if I struggle with the hooks again I will look at moving ball position back.
I noticed it this year with my new SZ 3H. I had a Callaway XR 3H that I played forward just fine, but was caught a bit off guard with the newer club.

Awesome prize! Congrats!!!

Sweet @Chef23! I have heard so many good things about that club. Hopefully it takes away that hook left miss and it takes your game up a notch. Congrats!

Sweet @Chef23! I have heard so many good things about that club. Hopefully it takes away that hook left miss and it takes your game up a notch. Congrats!

One thing I like about the head is it looks like there is plenty of neck if I want to have the club bent a bit flat. One issue I have with hybrids going left is they are frequently very upright.

That is one awesome prize! Wow that is a nice win for being active in the forum!

That is a sweet prize!!! Enjoy it.

Awesome prize, hopefully we get to see some pics of the finished toy.

Ok so I couldn't stand having the new club taunting me from next to my office door. I moved my 1:30 meeting back to 2:30 and ran out to the range across the street. I think I am going to like this club a lot. It doesn't seem to have the hook tendencies that other hybrids I have hit had. I can hit it high and hit it low including a knock down (I hesitate to call it a stinger). Distance is tough to tell but it definitely flies farther than my 5 iron and shorter than my 3 wood. Not quite sure where the Heavenwood will fall.

I need to find a way to get to the golf course in the next couple of days now.

I am back at my desk sweating like a pig even though my house is air conditioned. I may have to sneak in a quick shower before my next call.

nice! did you hear the whistle? I only ever heard it in a practice swing, not a real swing.

nice! did you hear the whistle? I only ever heard it in a practice swing, not a real swing.

I did not hear the whistle. My guess is that I don't have enough clubhead speed to create a whistle.

Nice looking club. I was just remembering my first hybrid, original TM Rescue mid. Looks a little similar? Very nice.

Nice! This is one I definitely want to try someday. I hope it works out well for you and stays in the bag for a long time,

Club amnesia... and when in doubt, DENY DENY DENY!!

Nice looking club. I was just remembering my first hybrid, original TM Rescue mid. Looks a little similar? Very nice.

It does look a little similar to those. Also to the old original Hogan hybrids.

It does look a little similar to those. Also to the old original Hogan hybrids.
Ah...forgot about those. Too obvious! ha!

Back