Hole in one cameras?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Upon arriving to my league last week we noticed this new setup to the left of the par 3 green with 3 cameras. I've never seen anything like it and we forgot to inquire inside as to what it was. This is the only thing we could think of. Have you ever seen anything like this on the course?

9B7B731D-0A4E-48E6-9EBF-FF4ABE641EFD.jpeg

We used to have something similar at our course on one of our par 3 holes. Definitely a HIO thing. Ours was sponsored by local businesses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If that is a hole-in-one camera setup it would sure be pretty cool. Makes sense to have three cameras too, one looking back zoomed in at the tee, a wide shot that might pick up ball flight, and one of the green. I'd pay a nice bit for that video footage if I ever got an ace!

I heard the sales pitch. Basically, optional buy in the clubhouse. Course gets a cut, hole in ones payout predetermined amount and player gets copy of video.

I told the home course that this would neither be a "value added feature" of the course nor a determining factor if we would recommend the course.

I heard the sales pitch. Basically, optional buy in the clubhouse. Course gets a cut, hole in ones payout predetermined amount and player gets copy of video.

I told the home course that this would neither be a "value added feature" of the course nor a determining factor if we would recommend the course.
Yeah I would agree with that but I guess it's kind of cool to have the option. It was only on one of the par 3's though I would think it should be on all of them if your going to have it

Big brother is always watching.. :LOL::LOL:

Yeah I would agree with that but I guess it's kind of cool to have the option. It was only on one of the par 3's though I would think it should be on all of them if your going to have it
The other big issue was outings and fundraisers. Good idea, might be nice for a resort course, not my home course though.

Good for them! That is pretty cool.

Course must have decided that for events that will be the designated hole in one prize hole. Seems like a really expensive way to do something that a couple event volunteers could basically do with some Iphones and I video..

I would like to see these on every hole! That would eliminate the 23 under scramble guy.....

One of our Metro park courses used to have this. They contracted with a company to install it, you paid an extra fee (couple bucks), in the event you got a HIO, you would win a $$$ prize. They were only in place 2 years and I think functional the first year.

I would be cool if I had a video of my only hole in one. I mean its ingrained in my brain, but to have a video would be cool.
I would put it on a loop for family gatherings.

That would be pretty darn cool to have a video of a hole in one.

Would you guys pay for a video of it like they do on roller coasters?

was it the shortest or easiest par 3?

Seems appropriate for the generation that watches concerts & sporting events thru the screen on their phones... I guess I should have said "watched"...

Once you hit a hole in one just have your friend get their camera out and then hit another one. No need for all this fancy equipment.

Yep we have one of those at our First Tee. If you hole in one on that hole you get $2,500. You can pay $5 and $10 extra on your green fees and it goes up to like $5000 and $10000 I think.

Cowboys Golf Club has one on the 17th hole. $5 wins ya $20K I believe.

That's interesting. I kind of like the idea.

What I'd also like to see is an aerial shot. You get to the tee box, tap a button with your club, and a drone launches, targets your ball, and follows it from tee to green. All automatic. I mean, they've got autopilot drones making deliveries... why not an autopilot drone taking video on a golf course?

There are several around some of the courses here in MN now and you can sign up on a website and win 1,000 in some cases. I have now also viewed some footage from some made hole in ones on social media and think it's pretty cool

I think it would be cool to have the video of it.

Never seen, but looks like they take their HIO seriously :ROFLMAO:

Very interesting, but makes sense if the course has a hole in one club or payout structure

Back