Hole More Putts device (including Odyssey Fits)

xThor

AnimeGods 神 | GolfTec Experience | TravisMathew
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I recently purchased one of these tablets, and hope to use this thread as general discussion about it.
I was enamored with it since I first had the chance to use one during a fitting last year. You can read my post on that fitting Here

Described as a "Launch Monitor for Putters", this tablet/device is actually a combination of 2 separate systems, housed within the same hardware. The hardware is a single tablet that lays flat, with a small screen, and over 6500 infrared sensors to track and analyze multiple data points during a putt. The 2 systems of software included are, firstly, Hole More Putts (HMP), which is designed for practice, training, coaching, and a basic fitting. Basically, designed for someone who wants to improve at putting long term. The second system is a proprietary fitting software by Odyssey. This really is meant for more professional/retail use to fit customers, and does come with a yearly cost.

HMP can be bought and used separately as well, without the Odyssey Fits component.The good news is that this tablet can switch between the two systems. So while I am not (yet) planning on using it to incur extra cost to conduct a fitting, there should be no issues using the Hole More Putts side of the technology as a training and practice aid.

More information on the device and tech: HoleMorePutts.com, Odyssey Fits
Here is a Callaway Fitting Room podcast (video) episode discussing it:

In hand pics:

8788A431-AA1D-45DF-8E72-DC6FDFAC53AD.jpeg

D84BF5C2-A8B5-4CD0-B9A7-FF680A17F325.jpeg

B31AD818-2627-4EE0-B352-938CF72A2E21.jpeg

That's a interesting piece of gear. I could see that helping a lot especially if it works outside on a real green. Big bummer for me though being a Android user. 😔

That's a interesting piece of gear. I could see that helping a lot especially if it works outside on a real green. Big bummer for me though being a Android user. 😔

As an Apple user, sorry? haha

As long as there is about 10 linear feet flat to putt on, it should work. My fitting (and only time I have used one of these) was done on the practice green at my course when I was doing a fitting. I definitely plan on using it both indoors, and at the course this year.

Really interested to see the feedback on this. Price is a little steep but if it really helps improve putting, assigning a 'reasonable' cost to that will be different for everyone.

Pretty steep investment....look forward to hearing your feedback on it though!~

So day 1, was able to get it up and running to test out a bit. Wasn’t really focused on putting results, more on just general device use (and it showed haha).

Note: I’m only focused on the HMP training and practice right now. Am not using the Odyssey Fits part yet.

the good: easy to use. Easy setup out of the box. App is simple and informative. Each session is
only 5 putts

the not so good: could have been the ball (sharpie lines and triple track), but it didn’t record every shot. Occasionally (15-20% of the time) it would not register and I would have to re-putt. Not the worst thing though.

Here’s where we stand right now. I did 5 sessions of 5 putts to get a baseline. I wasn’t fully focused on it, and it really showed in the score. More practice needed!!!

the cool thing, it analyzes my tendencies and strokes, dissects the data. And even gives me recommendations and lessons.

D1BF2D47-C932-443C-89A2-80A89434750F.jpeg

A6B4CFA3-DA41-4BF9-979C-2602DAFE51D2.jpeg

C5724CC1-DA54-46E4-83A1-4D1277394C8E.jpeg

628F21CA-8526-4D3C-BEEE-5EE680F6E925.jpeg

I am so jealous of this acquisition! It looks amazing.

Spent a lot more time with this today.
I’m very impressed with the readings and the analysis that it gives. And it only takes 5 strikes to do it.
It really does feel like a ‘launch monitor’ for putters.

This thing looks so cool! Grooving that putting stroke!

Starting to look at this more on the HMP website. The UI on the iphone app is nice and easy to use, and the website offers a bit more, but still with some ease. I do like that on the website I can label each putt with what putter I used, so that I can compare scores against different putters. Unfortunately the sort by putter feature isn't working correctly, so that a bummer, so I have to scroll and look at it manually.

But I am really liking the scoring system and analysis.
It keeps a running score based on 5 most recent sessions (each session is 5 putts), and provides analysis and instruction. There's a way to track and check off lessons that it recommends and you have completed.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.40.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.40.31 AM.png

And here is a view analyzing a single putt. Can replay the putt itself to see your stroke.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.41.32 AM.png

Click play to see the video.

View attachment Screen Recording 2021-03-02 at 10.47.52 AM.mov

But I feel like the phone app does a much better job at showing the putter path, as it shows the backswing as well. click play to see it.

View attachment DA237DF8-5733-4170-89E5-4974C5A2EA1B.mov

Just an update on this.
I’ve placed it on the Explanar putting mat, and I love it.

now I’ve been working every few days on doing a putting session (5 putts = 1 session). Along with the practice drills it has been giving me, I also changed to a Toulon Austin blade putter, with a bit heavier weight.

my putts per round average is 2 strokes less right now than I was trending at the end of last year. I’ve also started to make several more putts from distance lately. The combination of finding the right putter, and maximizing the stroke results has been absolutely great.

I picked up one of these and am using it on my Explanar mat as well.

I was already able to get to 99.3% score. It looks like face angle at impact and speed will be my main challenges?

I find that I have to let it timeout and then replace the putter and wait for the green light before putting. This adds some delay which I am uncomfortable with but it is what it is for now.

It will be an interesting journey. New meaning to my "putt offs" before a round.

807A4564-8A3A-4C7A-958F-DBD628FFA9EC_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
I picked up one of these and am using it on my Explanar mat as well.

I was already able to get to 99.3% score. It looks like face angle at impact and speed will be my main challenges?

I find that I have to let it timeout and then replace the putter and wait for the green light before putting. This adds some delay which I am uncomfortable with but it is what it is for now.

It will be an interesting journey. New meaning to my "putt offs" before a round.

View attachment 9007753View attachment 9007753
Nice little collection of putters.

Back