Home Putting Green Speed

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
How fast do you or would you want your home putting green to be if you could choose?

11-12 on a stimp. It would force me to focus on speed and break .

My BirdieBall green I have at home rolls between 10-12 on the stimp.

Slower in one direction & faster in the other. You can tell a difference also.

10. Gives me a pace that's probably a touch on the faster side of most courses, but normal on better courses or ones in good shape.

Faster than shag carpet and slower than putting on hardwood flooring.

i think 10 would be good. I think as amatuers we feel greens are running faster than they really are. If we play/practice on 10 stimp greens they will be plenty fast

For my local courses I’d say 10. Although my putting practice at home is more to work on stroke.

My club posts the speeds at the starter shack everyday. North is typically 11-12 and South is 10.5-11.5.

I like it. I’m used to that now, so slower greens mess with me.

According to my installer, my little green runs at 12. I'm not sure I believe that. I think it is around 10, maybe 11. I wanted 10 but would've had to wait for the turf to be shipped in.

10. Gives me a pace that's probably a touch on the faster side of most courses, but normal on better courses or ones in good shape.

That's why I enjoy my Putt Out matt, each has stimp reading of 10. Most of my local courses are around that number, or slightly below it, so it's good practice for the conditions I would expect to play in.

Probably about a 10-11 as I am mainly playing public courses. Putt on faster for practice.

Would prefer something on the faster side, 10 or 11 would probably be acceptable if it ever happens.

That's why I enjoy my Putt Out matt, each has stimp reading of 10. Most of my local courses are around that number, or slightly below it, so it's good practice for the conditions I would expect to play in.

I have one that lets me go as slow as 7, and apparently as fast as 13. 13 is hilarious if that is it all accurate, but yeah it doesn’t take a whole lot of energy to get the ball to the end of the mat. Are usually keep it around 10 because that’s what I mostly need on 70 to 80% of the courses I play

10-11 is plenty fast enough for me, especially if those greens have a lot of slopes.

Gotta be a sweet spot in the house. Thinking 10ish. I would want to have the ability to move away from the hole and still take full solid putting strokes.

Fast, practicing on the faster greens to work on speed seems like it would be a good way to practice.

I'd like a faster practice green, maybe 13-15. I like faster greens and that would help me with my touch.

I'm in the 10 camp. Middle ground that would transfer to most of the courses I play.

12-13 is what I prefer but most of the courses here are around 10.

The one I have been using for about 10 years was advertised as a 10. It is a little faster than my home course typically is but seems like a good middle ground speed to practice on.

10-11 sounds good, as long as they roll pure. That’s the important piece for me.

I don’t know...the 3 courses I play all vary significantly

11-12 is just about perfect for me.

Back