Reshafted my R9 SuperTri yesterday. I bought a new R9 adaptor 0.335 and a graphite design pershing shaft. Really easy to install , butt trimmed the shaft to this same length as the stock shaft and even though this shaft is a few years old now, I really like it. It loads really well and I like the feel has on the downswing. This was a really fun project.

have some pics of your finished work?

Received my Roberts puller in the mail today. Decided to get to work and reshaft 2 wedges and my Razr X PW which had a shaft break.

IMAG0645.jpg

Time to play with the set up. cool stuff, waiting to hear how the new shafts work out in the rig.

Received my Roberts puller in the mail today. Decided to get to work and reshaft 2 wedges and my Razr X PW which had a shaft break.

IMAG0645.jpg

Those Roberts work great. I've been real happy with mine. Is that a portable workbench set up in your hallway? If so, thats a good illustration to everyone that you don't need alot of space to work on your own clubs.

Carefull now, you'll be wanting to reshaft eveything soon since its so darn easy.

Those Roberts work great. I've been real happy with mine. Is that a portable workbench set up in your hallway? If so, thats a good illustration to everyone that you don't need alot of space to work on your own clubs.

Carefull now, you'll be wanting to reshaft eveything soon since its so darn easy.

Yup just a portable work bench. I've used it for about a year for regripping and now for reshafting. I don't have a ton of free space in our flat so I end up working either in the kitchen or spare bedroom.

Wow I'm jealous. I need to get some stuff and set up a home club building set up. Would save a lot of money.

I really want to set up my own regripping station, but have not the first clue what to do to get started. Going to read through your thread milehigh, thanks for that link.

I really want to set up my own regripping station, but have not the first clue what to do to get started. Going to read through your thread milehigh, thanks for that link.

For grips just a vise to hold the club with a rubber shaft clamp. Then decide if you want to go whole hog and use air or keep it simple and use solvent/tape. I knew I would be pulling shafts so I sprung for the puller which doubles as my vise. I like the air method to regrip. Used my setup this morning to start to extend my 50* wedge.

Thanks milehigh! I really like the sound of that, so we'll se what happens. :D

I guess I am really lucky in that I have easy access to the Ag Dept. Shop at the school should I ever want to tinker. This winter I am gonna regrip with some Pures using the air compressor.

Thanks milehigh! I really like the sound of that, so we'll se what happens. :D

Let us know how it goes. Better yet, video the first time you disassemble a club. It will be funny. Wish I did as I was nervous i'd mess it up! But your confidence will quickly grow and everything will go smooth.

For grips just a vise to hold the club with a rubber shaft clamp. Then decide if you want to go whole hog and use air or keep it simple and use solvent/tape. I knew I would be pulling shafts so I sprung for the puller which doubles as my vise. I like the air method to regrip. Used my setup this morning to start to extend my 50* wedge.

Yup. That portable table I have doubles as a vice, though now I use the one on the Roberts. When I only have to do one grip ill do it the conventional way, but when I do more than 1 I use the air compressor. Being able to regrip my own clubs has definitely saved me some money this year.

I guess I am really lucky in that I have easy access to the Ag Dept. Shop at the school should I ever want to tinker. This winter I am gonna regrip with some Pures using the air compressor.

Got some high horsepower tools there. Do you teach there? Golf coach also?

Well, in January I will be 18, so does that count? hehe.

Yes, at that time you will begin feeling the crushing weight of responsibility. :bulgy-eyes:

Just spent the past half hour learning how to grip clubs via youtube, never knew it was such a simple task.

Just spent the past half hour learning how to grip clubs via youtube, never knew it was such a simple task.

VERY easy w.e. It's one of the best things I learned to do, so simple and has truly saved me ALOT of money.

VERY easy w.e. It's one of the best things I learned to do, so simple and has truly saved me ALOT of money.

What kind of setup do you have Jman?

What kind of setup do you have Jman?

Just a bathroom now, lol.

I used to have a full bench setup in our old house but now I just do all my work on the kitchen bar (shaft pulling/gluing) and all regripping in the bathroom. No vice needed in my experience, though I know alot of guys use them. Hook knife, grip-tape, and solution in a spray bottle stay under the spare bathroom sink. I can do a set in about 30 minutes now. I just spray solution on the tape over the sink, a little in the grip, thumb on grip and shake it and pour that on the shaft then slide it on.

I've just found I didn't need the fancy set-up I thought I did, just keeping it simple and easy. All spare grips are in a staff bag and all ferrules/epoxy/shims/extensions etc are in a little drawer system on a shelf in my cave.

Interesting that this thread came back to the top. I just blew the grips off my SCOR wedges so I could build up some tape under them. It was the first time I tried the compressor method. SCOR/Eidolon only uses about 3-4 inches of tape right at the butt of the club for their installations. Made blowing them off easy. I know I need to regrip my irons soon, so I may build up with regular masking tape and then try that method for the new install.

Just a bathroom now, lol.

I used to have a full bench setup in our old house but now I just do all my work on the kitchen bar (shaft pulling/gluing) and all regripping in the bathroom. No vice needed in my experience, though I know alot of guys use them. Hook knife, grip-tape, and solution in a spray bottle stay under the spare bathroom sink. I can do a set in about 30 minutes now. I just spray solution on the tape over the sink, a little in the grip, thumb on grip and shake it and pour that on the shaft then slide it on.

I've just found I didn't need the fancy set-up I thought I did, just keeping it simple and easy. All spare grips are in a staff bag and all ferrules/epoxy/shims/extensions etc are in a little drawer system on a shelf in my cave.

I saw a good bit of videos not using a vice to regrip them, seems pretty easy. Going to give it a go on a couple of old clubs I have.

Back