Home Wireless Help?

links_slayer

Reaction score
Handicap
All of our devices are only showing the 2.4 GHz network - the 5GHz network isn't showing up as available on any other them, either on the list of available that shows up or by manually entering the network name and password. Two firesticks, one apple tv, two ipads, two iphones, one macbook, one lenovo laptop, one hp laptop....nada.

I've reset the router through the app and through the ol' unplug, wait, plug in mode.

Router firmware appears to be up to date and all the normal lights appear to be on and are not red or blinking.

It's a Netgear Nighthawk R6400v2.

Try the Netgear genie webpage, not the app. Seems to have worked for this person
Screenshot_20200325-201001_Chrome.jpg

I had a Netgear before and found some solutions in their community site before.

Hope that could help!

You did this....right?

To enable or disable the Wi-Fi radios:

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your router's network.
  2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
    A login window opens.
  3. Enter the router user name and password.
    The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
    The BASIC Home page displays.
  4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Wireless settings.
    The Advanced Wireless Settings page displays.
  5. In the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz sections, select or clear the Enable Wireless Router Radio check boxes.
    Clearing these check boxes turns off the Wi-Fi feature of the router for each band.
  6. Click the Apply button.

Yes, I've tried that.

One detail I left out of the OP (if it matters...) is that both were previously available on all our devices. Unfortunately I'm not exactly sure when the one went awol.

Appreciate the suggestions :)

Yes, I've tried that.

One detail I left out of the OP (if it matters...) is that both were previously available on all our devices. Unfortunately I'm not exactly sure when the one went awol.

Appreciate the suggestions :)

You might need to do a full factory reset on the router.

As an IT pro (my job) I would then recommend resetting the router to the factory defaults, download the latest firmware (I know you said it was current) and flash it with that latest version. Then set up your network again. If that doesn't fix the issue, then I would have to assume the 5ghz radio has died.

Back