Homemade shaft puller

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What do you do when you need a shaft puller and you have a welding shop and machine tools. Oh and time on your hands to tinker. Of course you build your own. I’ll post up a few pics today. Should have it finished if I don’t have a bunch of interruptions or spend to much time in sim.

Looking forward to seeing the design

Here are a few pics BFFC8F36-D5F3-4A15-821E-F1EA6462BFA4.jpeg6E774DF5-C58F-4D24-B233-56C5C98B3F0F.jpeg

Attachments

• 9FB87F37-3B13-4DDE-8B4C-0B43B1B0BB6F.jpeg
    9FB87F37-3B13-4DDE-8B4C-0B43B1B0BB6F.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 13
A friend and I are working on one too. Our design is still in the works a bit, but will include a small drill press vise to hold the shaft, attached to either the drive portion of a small scissor jack, or the entire scissor jack, to push off the club head. Simple design using stuff we have around, might not be pretty, but should work.

Works very well. Will more than likely make another puller plate when I have time to see what I might need. Current version will pull most if not all adapters using bolts. 89D7A198-EA37-4829-AA13-58FA420D1366.jpeg6EF5CD4A-B219-440F-B1B5-E6435FBE7F4A.jpegA31379A2-4E1E-4121-AB09-32CBC54AF09C.jpeg

Looks sweet!
You plan on selling these?
Hadn’t planned to. That’s like work. I’m trying to quit that nasty habit. Might see what I actually have in it. Need to try it on a few other clubs irons especially to refine puller plate.

I like the screw in the adapter method - probably will save some ferrules.

Nice job. I almost made one as well, but I found one with the bottle jack for around 100 and said I would not take the time to build one this go round as I was in a hurry. I often build a lot of different tools as I need since I have a welder, grinder, metal saw, etc. I don't do as much as I used to, but when you need something and you can build it, you often do.

So after my friend and I kicked around a bunch of design ideas, this is what we came up with. Works great so far, pulled a couple of iron shafts with it, one steel and one graphite, no problems at all with either one. Still have some detail work to do, replace some screws with setscrews and stuff like that, but I'm really glad Golfworks was out of stock with their pullers for so long, saved me some 💰💰💰.

Puller_01.jpg

Puller_02.jpg

Puller_03.jpg

Works very well. Will more than likely make another puller plate when I have time to see what I might need. Current version will pull most if not all adapters using bolts. View attachment 9007447View attachment 9007448View attachment 9007449
So after my friend and I kicked around a bunch of design ideas, this is what we came up with. Works great so far, pulled a couple of iron shafts with it, one steel and one graphite, no problems at all with either one. Still have some detail work to do, replace some screws with setscrews and stuff like that, but I'm really glad Golfworks was out of stock with their pullers for so long, saved me some 💰💰💰.

View attachment 9008979

View attachment 9008980

View attachment 9008981

A tip of the hat to you both. Mighty impressive. I wish I had the skills and aptitude to design and make something like that.

I don't do enough club work to justify spending the money on a puller. What I threw together using scrap angle iron worked today. I was able to pull a graphite shaft without damaging the shaft or club head. The dual bolts are kind of pain. I think I can come up with something simpler and cleaner without spending much money. I don't weld so I'm limited. I suppose this will do for the few clubs I do every year.

Extractor.JPG

map pro torch and some robogrips :)

Back