Review Honma T//Word W4 Wedges

The Beres clubs really skew everyone’s thoughts of Honma. Everything else they do seem to be right in line with everyone, but they still have that expensive idea because the beres line is so out of control haha

The Beres clubs really skew everyone’s thoughts of Honma. Everything else they do seem to be right in line with everyone, but they still have that expensive idea because the beres line is so out of control haha

At first I too thought the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At first I too thought the same thing

Yea it makes sense. Everyone’s immediate reaction to everything Honma is that everything is at least 3x the price of everything, while their Tour World line is pretty much the same as everything else. But I guess when you also have like $5k+ iron sets it makes sense haha

Yea it makes sense. Everyone’s immediate reaction to everything Honma is that everything is at least 3x the price of everything, while their Tour World line is pretty much the same as everything else. But I guess when you also have like $5k+ iron sets it makes sense haha

Yeah I looked in to the 747-X irons and it was $175/club. That’s just about in line with the top level offerings from most OEM’s. But when I tried these wedges I honestly thought they were $199/ea. When I and they said $149 I was pleasantly surprised. Hence they are in the bag! Lol

Can you take a photo of your Modus shaft? I’m a bit confused by whether or not you get to choose a flex in these shafts...? Cheers!
I’m considering rhese for my wedge setup in 2020. Only down side is the lack of grind options.

Oh, and the the 50, 54 and 58 all appear to be the exact same length shaft??

Can you take a photo of your Modus shaft? I’m a bit confused by whether or not you get to choose a flex in these shafts...? Cheers!
I’m considering rhese for my wedge setup in 2020. Only down side is the lack of grind options.

It’s a Modus 125 wedge Flex.

e98a061703433f07dee2a8b701c3bf36.jpg

It’s a Modus 125 wedge Flex.

e98a061703433f07dee2a8b701c3bf36.jpg

Thank you!!! Did you order yours as custom lengths or are all three wedges the exact same length?

Thank you!!! Did you order yours as custom lengths or are all three wedges the exact same length?

No prob. I Didn’t order these though, Grabbed them right off the rack. Brand new in wrapper. I’ll check length progression but went with whatever length is stock.

No prob. I Didn’t order these though, Grabbed them right off the rack. Brand new in wrapper. I’ll check length progression but went with whatever length is stock.

I think DNice is asking because the company’s info says all wedges are 35” which would be....odd.

I think DNice is asking because the company’s info says all wedges are 35” which would be....odd.

Oh gotcha...

Just measured the following

50deg: 35.5”
54deg: 35.25”
58deg: 35”

Oh gotcha...

Really??? That blows my mind then, because the website says they should be the same. Ugg... I like that they are not the same, but now has me wondering how I would place a custom order: would I assume they are the same and change that or assume they are different. Head scratcher there!!!

Oh gotcha...

Good deal, I’d hoped that was a typo by them on their info.

Really??? That blows my mind then, because the website says they should be the same. Ugg... I like that they are not the same, but now has me wondering how I would place a custom order: would I assume they are the same and change that or assume they are different. Head scratcher there!!!
Dude. It’s clearly just a typo on their site. Those things happen.

My local PGA SS has these, so will def see if they are identical in length before considering an order.

My local PGA SS has these, so will def see if they are identical in length before considering an order.
Can’t wait to hear that it was a typo :p

Definitely a typo on the website. But check them out in person

@X.Man Have you had much opportunity to test pitches, chips and bunker play with the sw/lw? Curious how you feel about the grinds etc? I tend to like higher bounce, as My local course is very soft. Many thanks for the incredible feedback on these.
Thinking these or SM8s for me. SM8s I’m balking on though, as the S400 shafts appear to be an up charge. Very curious to try the modus wedge shafts also. Too many great options these days!

@X.Man Have you had much opportunity to test pitches, chips and bunker play with the sw/lw? Curious how you feel about the grinds etc? I tend to like higher bounce, as My local course is very soft. Many thanks for the incredible feedback on these.
Thinking these or SM8s for me. SM8s I’m balking on though, as the S400 shafts appear to be an up charge. Very curious to try the modus wedge shafts also. Too many great options these days!

Ok so this is something I’ve been trying to test more with these. But I still have limited time with them. As far as grinds are concerned I’m not one to go all crazy with grind options. If you think of Vokey, I’ve been fitted into F grind on the Gap. grinds on SW and LW. I would see these are pretty standard grinds. Kinda of an “S”. I will say the grind on the 59deg is enough and has been pretty versatile for me. I have had zero issues opening the 54 or 58 out of the sand

I will add to my comment above that there isn’t a lot of grind or bounce options available. For a player like me who plays pretty standard grinds and bounce it’s a non issue. But for those seeking grind and bounce options, These lack that

Last edited:
Unless my local PGA SS is ordering these custom to the same length, it appears the Honma website is not a typo.
Of course..up to you if you think it factors, but I looked at the entire rack of wedges from 48 to 56 and they were all the same length.

DF732295-2481-44F7-9E64-2813C4A6050E.jpeg74EAA08C-C202-439E-9849-906CBBF65ECA.jpeg

I like the looks of the 56*. Will be at a PGASS next week in FL., will check them out.

84A8D935-4C63-4182-97E1-EF718F8DF72F.jpeg
8AF30822-3265-4488-B947-6D8EAB1FB298.jpeg
In case it helps some out there, took a quick shot of the 50 compared to the Titleist and Callaway 50 wedges too. Honma and Cally were equal length and the Titleist was a solid 0.25” longer.

Wedges retail at $149.99. In line with the market

Especially with that shaft, better than market.

I paid $68 to purchase and install the Nippon 115 (123g) Wedge Shaft.

These Honma look great. I saw their original World wedges about 3 years ago and thought they would perform. These have a better grind.

Back