these have modus 115 limited edition black in stiff flex.

i can’t hang my hat on any crazy cool tech they bests other irons. but i still think they perform great. they look feel and sound great. if you’re into tech stories, i don’t think these will get you excited. but if you hit them, i have a feeling you might surprised at how well they perform.
I have some shafts that need some heads and these are in the top 3 or 4 of the ponder list but i do have Apex Pros on the way and need to sell some other crap so there's that 😂

I have some shafts that need some heads and these are in the top 3 or 4 of the ponder list but i do have Apex Pros on the way and need to sell some other crap so there's that 😂

no justification needed for me. the reason i bought these clubs is because i needed some heads for those shafts. it’s a sickness. a very very fun sickness.

Asking for my X Forged CB's..

no justification needed for me. the reason i bought these clubs is because i needed some heads for those shafts. it’s a sickness. a very very fun sickness.
hahaha, it really is, isn't it? those black modus look sweet!

Awesome. My sickness is back in the boat and fishing tournaments. Gonna play my Apex 19 and Honma’s for the foreseeable future. Sounds awesome @McLovin

these irons were absolute rockstars today. i'm probably 95% ready to claim these as my gamers for the year. had irons into greens on 10 holes, and hit the green 8/10 times. the two i missed were par 3s, doing stupid things. every other green i hit with an iron was from the fairway or rough.

my set consists of 20v 7-10, and 20p 5-6. out of the middle, i love the feel of the v. the flight is mid/high paired with modus 115, and workable. these are pretty penalizing out of the toe, but the heel isn't too bad. the feel of the p is very unique, and not really in a good way. it's not awful when hit in the middle, but it's pretty far behind most other sets i've played. miss a little, and yikes the p feels terrible.

that said, the p are the performers of the set. absolutely insane how good these are. i can't recall another set where i've hit so many greens in reg with 5i and 6i. i really wish the feel was better, but it's impossible to argue with the results.

gamers. and it's not close. same golf course this week as last week, but honmas this week. i had a ridiculous amount of birdie looks inside 15'. including a 7i into a stiff breeze on 18 that never left its line and finished inside a foot for a kick in birdie and the best score i've posted in a very long time. if i could have made a few more putts, or not taken a stupid double on an easy hole, it could have been REALLY special, like under par special. and these irons are the reason why.

gamers. and it's not close. same golf course this week as last week, but honmas this week. i had a ridiculous amount of birdie looks inside 15'. including a 7i into a stiff breeze on 18 that never left its line and finished inside a foot for a kick in birdie and the best score i've posted in a very long time. if i could have made a few more putts, or not taken a stupid double on an easy hole, it could have been REALLY special, like under par special. and these irons are the reason why.
This is so awesome. I'm happy for you, man. Sounds like a HECK of a round. There is nothing imo like being dialed in on approach like that. It gives a guy so much confidence.

I may or may not have a combo V/B hidden in the closet waiting for an opportunity for fun, that the wife can never know about, and you're partly to blame. ;). It's so hard to quit the Honma's once they deliver for ya. The feels don't hurt either. I kind of regret selling my 747's and I can't seem to part with my rose protos.

Last edited:
This is so awesome. I'm happy for you, man. Sounds like a HECK of a round. There is nothing imo like being dialed in on approach like that. It gives a guy so much confidence.

I may or may not have a combo V/B hidden in the closet waiting for an opportunity for fun, that the wife can never know about, and you're partly to blame. ;). It's so hard to quit the Honma's once they deliver for ya. The feels don't hurt either. I kind of regret selling my 747's and I can't seem to part with my rose protos.

out of the middle i love the feel of the honma. out of the toe, good lawd they feel terrible but they still perform ok. these are not leaving the bag for 2020. we'll see if something tickles my fancy next year, but these are safe for the rest of 2021.

out of the middle i love the feel of the honma. out of the toe, good lawd they feel terrible but they still perform ok. these are not leaving the bag for 2020. we'll see if something tickles my fancy next year, but these are safe for the rest of 2021.
I was just looking at a good deal on a single iron and glad to see this pop up again with your feedback.

Are you glad you went P with the 5 and 6? Ever wonder about having V in those slots instead? Did you have to adjust the lofts at all?

I was just looking at a good deal on a single iron and glad to see this pop up again with your feedback.

Are you glad you went P with the 5 and 6? Ever wonder about having V in those slots instead? Did you have to adjust the lofts at all?

long sorry but the p wasn’t what i ordered. that said, the 5 and 6i are absolutely insane. i’ve never hit another long iron as impressive as these. they look a little weird, and feel different, but they work insanely well.

no, we left the lofts alone.

That's called feedback, Playa! :p

long sorry but the p wasn’t what i ordered. that said, the 5 and 6i are absolutely insane. i’ve never hit another long iron as impressive as these. they look a little weird, and feel different, but they work insanely well.

no, we left the lofts alone.
I think the P are about as good as anything in their category. Tungsten in the toe, good cavity, cup face, etc. Look pretty good over the ball compared to some others too. A friend plays them and they're ridiculously good. The cavity and face really help people that can get a little too low spin get it up enough to balance out the flight and just hit epic soft bombs with ease. And you know how I feel about the V's. You came into your combo kind of sideways, but the golf gods might have just been looking out for ya on that deal.

On a whim bought a new V 6i with Modus 105s on ebay... only $68 shipped, so why not!? :cool:

Might need need to try the P as well based on that feedback @McLovin

Got here sooner than I expected. Looks great and is begging to be hit.

1619129805818.png

:LOL::LOL: Haven't really loved that little notch / cut out on the design, but in person, the overall look is awesome and I don't mind the notch now.

@shanewu have you spent any more time with the tr20v? i hit a medium bucket of 7i on the range today and i'm having so much fun with them. the feel out of the bottom of the head is really harsh, but the performance is still very impressive. there's a lot of distance loss and nasty feedback out of the toe. but out of the middle, these feel and perform about as well as anything i can remember. i was working the ball both ways, up and down, and hitting little 100y "chip shots" too. just so freaking fun.

@shanewu have you spent any more time with the tr20v? i hit a medium bucket of 7i on the range today and i'm having so much fun with them. the feel out of the bottom of the head is really harsh, but the performance is still very impressive. there's a lot of distance loss and nasty feedback out of the toe. but out of the middle, these feel and perform about as well as anything i can remember. i was working the ball both ways, up and down, and hitting little 100y "chip shots" too. just so freaking fun.
Damnit @McTeaser! I'm trying to work today! And I haven't brought anything new out to the course in like.. couple.. few weeks.

Screenshot_20210506-140448_YouTube.jpg

Damnit @McTeaser! I'm trying to work today! And I haven't brought anything new out to the course in like.. couple.. few weeks.

View attachment 9006549

it may be that the whole of the build is greater than the sum of its parts. i keep thinking back to my earlier rounds with these when my tee game was a mess. i had pretty long distances into greens, and did nothing but hit laser after laser into greens. my gir % was laughably high (by my standards). and these irons have continued to give me that over and over.

today there was a breeze off the left, so i picked a target and wanted to hit some gentle draws back into it. no problem. then the wind shifted to behind, so i wanted to hit high straight shots at the target. check. shifted to a hook wind, so i wanted to hit cuts. that's harder for me, but when i made the right move, these irons responded.

it may be that the whole of the build is greater than the sum of its parts. i keep thinking back to my earlier rounds with these when my tee game was a mess. i had pretty long distances into greens, and did nothing but hit laser after laser into greens. my gir % was laughably high (by my standards). and these irons have continued to give me that over and over.

today there was a breeze off the left, so i picked a target and wanted to hit some gentle draws back into it. no problem. then the wind shifted to behind, so i wanted to hit high straight shots at the target. check. shifted to a hook wind, so i wanted to hit cuts. that's harder for me, but when i made the right move, these irons responded.
Not gonna lie, that have me goosebumps. So I better go back to work..:LOL:

There's just no better feeling that being able to do what you want like that with irons in your hands. It's addicting and infectious and please God let it never stop.

I like that idea of the sum too. I've been doing more direct component comparisons this year too get a better feel for the truth of each part.

Not gonna lie, that have me goosebumps. So I better go back to work..:LOL:

There's just no better feeling that being able to do what you want like that with irons in your hands. It's addicting and infectious and please God let it never stop.

I like that idea of the sum too. I've been doing more direct component comparisons this year too get a better feel for the truth of each part.

*cough cough* i think you should go home, you don't sound like you're feeling well. and by home i mean your home away from home hehe

I haven't spent much or any more time with it yet, but I might get to the range tomorrow if it doesn't rain. I do keep thinking about the TR20v's and pondering building a set with the Accra graphite shafts I have laying around.

I haven't spent much or any more time with it yet, but I might get to the range tomorrow if it doesn't rain. I do keep thinking about the TR20v's and pondering building a set with the Accra graphite shafts I have laying around.

that would be pretty sweet

Back