Honma TW-W21 Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have a few neat things coming up with this wedge line, so wanted to put out some info.

From the company

EXPERTLY CRAFTED PERFORMANCE
The classic club face made in mild soft steel with a satin, half-mirror finish, incorporates the premium brand’s proprietary CNC milling process to ensure unrivalled control is achieved. The milling pattern on the face provides exceptional levels of spin and stopping action on finesse shots around the green, while aluminum back inserts have replaced steel to allow discretionary weight to optimize the CG location.

The reverse taper blade design in the 56°, 58° and 60° lofts of the TW-W21 Wedge delivers a high CG that gradually increases in thickness from bottom-to-top, and laterally, from heel-to-toe, to ensure the ball grips to the club face longer, especially on high face strikes.

A flat blade design in the 48°, 50°, 52° and 54° lofted wedges creates a consistent thickness throughout for a mid-low CG, optimal spin and precise distance control on full shots. Three grinds deliver versatility for golfers seeking a wedge that performs at the highest level in varying turf conditions and angles of attack into the ball.

INNOVATIONS IN SOLE GRIND DESIGN
The I-Sole in the 48°, 50°, 52° and 54° lofts feature a slight trailing edge relief across the back of the blade for full sole performance with improved turf interaction at impact.

The C-Sole grind in the 56°, 58° and 60° lofts deliver aggressive heel and toe trailing edge relief with a flat bounce surface for shot making versatility. This grind suits those golfers who like to open the club face and use their skill and creativity around the green.

The S-Sole is available in the 58° and 60° higher-lofted wedges and features four-way relief for shot making with added forgiveness. Wider, fuller soles ensure this grind is effective across a variety of turf conditions, particularly from bunkers.

HonmaTW-W21C56-FINAL-e1627933421243.jpg

Curious how these will perform. Prior (current) iteration were really nice.

They sure make some clean pretty wedges and irons

They’re incredible looking. Wow.

Higher face strikes on wedges... Now you're speaking my language!

beautiful!

Looks really good. Never have tried, or even seen in person, a Honma club and that needs to change eventually.

I really want to try these wedges. I think Honma makes some great clubs and I hope that the wedges will just further prove that.

I like the look of the previous iteration better.

Great look, and some useful tech.

Really good looking wedge.
It's time to replace all the wedges in my bag....yes ?

Look nice and clean (y)

They're always good. Love that they're going to be involved here in something(s) so people might actually notice.

Last edited:
They're always good. Love that they're going to be involved here in something(s) so people might actually notice.
We have worked with Honma since their launch in North America and in all of our stuff we have done glad to see some new THPers trying out their stuff.

I was fit into Honma TW wedges at CC. They absolutely perform better than any other wedge I’ve ever used. I love mine.

6A930AAE-C5EA-4064-A7C3-3604BC629EE8.jpeg

that is gorgeous
Its kind of funny, we are pretty split on the looks in hand. Half of us really like and some don't. I am conflicted personally, but love parts of it. We have a fantastic video coming up soon on it though.

That’s an amazing looking wedge. The small local shop I go to specializes in Japanese brands and sometimes I go just to look at all the beautiful clubs. Not sure they will have one of those to demo but I’m going to ask this week.

Its kind of funny, we are pretty split on the looks in hand. Half of us really like and some don't. I am conflicted personally, but love parts of it. We have a fantastic video coming up soon on it though.

any shots from address?

what is there not to like? shaping?

what is there not to like? shaping?

The shaping is a bit different, but in my case, there is a space between the gold piece and the chrome and has a sand blasted type texture and in hand it kind of sticks out. Its unique, and I think a bit polarizing. Total nitpick, but its literally all I see when I look at them for some reason.

We have some really cool content coming with it that I think THPers will enjoy though. Performance test was pretty darn cool.

Back