Mabuckeye

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with these? 9DA8587B-2345-469A-87E2-F4B14A478C23.jpeg Hollow head, forged, and said to combine forgiveness and feel. Not a lot of shaft options for moderate swing speeds but they’re nice looking IMHO.

I have them in my bag right now. I love em!! I find them more forgiving than the other “player distance irons” (forged Tec, i500, HMB) I would definitely recommend you try them out. Not sure why they have been reviewed here , but I guess they can’t review every iron. I’ll post a pic of my bag when I get a chance today.

Playing the XP-1's, which are slightly larger, but they are the real deal. Launch higher and further than my CF19's. Also spin more so easier to hold the greens on approach.

Very forgiving on mishits and when hit in the sweet spot they are magical.

I’m gaming three TW World Honma wedges. I know they are slightly different design than these irons..l however they are incredibly accurate. I love them. My dispersions on the Trackman were far tighter than anything else the fitter had me try. I’d highly recommend a fitting for you.

I did hit these a few times in the launch monitor and they are awesome. I tried them both with Modus 105x and 120x. The 105x felt the best with this head I was just launching it a bit higher than the 120's in the same setup. Great irons!!

Thanks for the info. I’ve got a question in to Honma to see if I can get the NS950GH in them.

So I'm doing a little 3 iron/UT battle to start the year, and I grabbed a TW-X 3i to try. Came with a Modus 105X and I planned on swapping it out for a Recoil Proto, but I'm not sure I'd even need to. Took it out today in the cold and was seriously impressed. It's about the same sole width as my new Srixon U3, looks good over the ball for a hollow 3 without a lot of offset, and feels really nice. Pretty soft and fast. Way to get in the air, played it off the deck some, but nothing excessive that made it balloon or anything. Could drive it easily. Got great distance for the conditions and swing, so I'll need to get it on a monitor to check spin, and it seemed really forgiving. Didn't quite catch one that I was working hard to place a cut with, and the result was still really good.

They're not that new at this point obviously, one generation old now, and can be had for a really good price new. I wouldn't shy away from trying one out if you ever had interest.

Last edited:
20210108_191219.jpg

Don't know if the sound will come through. I'll have to listen later.

So wife and I are going to get a chance to play a quick round and don't have any of our stuff, so we're borrowing, and she's going to get to play these with the Vizard 85R shaft. I have no idea why I didn't really think of these for her before, but I have a feeling it's going to go really well. If it does, I'll grab her a 5-11. We've been looking for new clubs for her, but she's an odd fit. New to it, decent speed, shallow, hates the near full shaft offset in most GI irons (and not from me talking about it, lol), etc.. These don't have a lot, but have a wide sole with a pre-workln leading edge, hollow, and cg easy to get in the air. This should be fun.

So wife and I are going to get a chance to play a quick round and don't have any of our stuff, so we're borrowing, and she's going to get to play these with the Vizard 85R shaft. I have no idea why I didn't really think of these for her before, but I have a feeling it's going to go really well. If it does, I'll grab her a 5-11. We've been looking for new clubs for her, but she's an odd fit. New to it, decent speed, shallow, hates the near full shaft offset in most GI irons (and not from me talking about it, lol), etc.. These don't have a lot, but have a wide sole with a pre-workln leading edge, hollow, and cg easy to get in the air. This should be fun.

TR21X Maybe? Hollow Body, forgiving, Fast

TR21X Maybe? Hollow Body, forgiving, Fast

For her you mean? The 21X seem really good, but I'd rather pay <$600 for a new 5-11 set of the TW-X for her since she doesn't play as much as I do. Honma makes great stuff, I just can't believe I didn't think of these for her until now.

For her you mean? The 21X seem really good, but I'd rather pay <$600 for a new 5-11 set of the TW-X for her since she doesn't play as much as I do. Honma makes great stuff, I just can't believe I didn't think of these for her until now.

Those crossed my mind this weekend when looking at reviews. I have no idea if the TWX is bigger or more forgiving since I am not familiar with it. I'd rather pay less, too. That's why I said, "Maybe?":unsure: Went by PGATSS to look at Honma, and the iron racks were mostly empty.

Those crossed my mind this weekend when looking at reviews. I have no idea if the TWX is bigger or more forgiving since I am not familiar with it. I'd rather pay less, too. That's why I said, "Maybe?":unsure: Went by PGATSS to look at Honma, and the iron racks were mostly empty.
Screenshot_20210426-113512_eBay.jpg
20210426_113137.jpg

The X are pretty compact heel to toe, without a lot of offset for what they are. That's kind of why I like it in a 3/driving iron. And she just doesn't like the look of the amount of offset in other clubs with that much beef in the sole meant to help to get it out and up. I like the pre-wear for her too.

View attachment 9005318
View attachment 9005317

The X are pretty compact heel to toe, without a lot of offset for what they are. That's kind of why I like it in a 3/driving iron. And she just doesn't like the look of the amount of offset in other clubs with that much beef in the sole meant to help to get it out and up. I like the pre-wear for her too.

The sole ought to work for more forgiveness - nice pre-wear and pleasing heel to toe length.

The sole ought to work for more forgiveness - nice pre-wear and pleasing heel to toe length.
Well she shot a PB, so that settles that.. :LOL:

I've been playing the TW-X irons after the TR-21X never arrived after 5 months. Will Peoples put together a set of TW-X in Mitsubishi MMT 85g R flex in 5-11 (PW, GW), and coincidentally, as I was starting the Stack System.

I haven't hit a 5i more than 170 in years. Yesterday, even in coolish 70F weather (best time of year is now - in Texas), I faded a 5i to 185 yrds. I really like these clubs and I think it's due to the compact heel to toe and the MMT Shafts.

I am putting these into the MIzuno MP22 combo if I can.

The TW-X feel like cannons in this combo - feel is soft due to the forging and softer metal. but they have some heft. The only off-putting character they have is the thick sole but once you see the results, you say, "Who cares?"

I've been playing the TW-X irons after the TR-21X never arrived after 5 months. Will Peoples put together a set of TW-X in Mitsubishi MMT 85g R flex in 5-11 (PW, GW), and coincidentally, as I was starting the Stack System.

I haven't hit a 5i more than 170 in years. Yesterday, even in coolish 70F weather (best time of year is now - in Texas), I faded a 5i to 185 yrds. I really like these clubs and I think it's due to the compact heel to toe and the MMT Shafts.

The TW-X feel like cannons in this combo - feel is soft due to the forging and softer metal. but they have some heft. The only off-putting character they have is the thick sole but once you see the results, you say, "Who cares?"
Awesome! They're really underrated. I know a couple fitters that love them for people for a lot of what you're saying. It's really cool how what you wanted didn't work out but you still got into a set you've enjoyed.

It's always a good fun for a thread bump that let's me see my old swing too! :p

Last edited:

Awesome results with the MMT shafts, @Desmond. Are you seeing more launch and more spin from them vs other shafts? That’s what I’m in search of.

Awesome results with the MMT shafts, @Desmond. Are you seeing more launch and more spin from them vs other shafts? That’s what I’m in search of.

They get up there, these are the MMT parallel tip 85g shafts, the tapers launch higher/spin more, but I think in comparison, the 85g parallel have less spin and launch than Accra i Series shafts.

My 7i swing is 80 mph, if that helps, and I use R flex.

Thinking in going to Steelfibers in my TW-X. Are the shafts parallel or tapered?

Back