Honma TW XP-1 Driver - THP Review Thread

Honma put these on sale for $299.99 today - Now 2 years removed, think this price is a "Value" ?
They even have the 65gram shafts available.

I plugged the 65 gram shaft from the TR20 driver in it for a quick range session and it made the driver feel better for me. I think the head is still suited for someone looking for some forgiveness and a bit of spin. 299, that makes it more enticing than the original price point.

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has tested or gamed this Driver is the last year or so.
Feel like I'd like to take a flyer on a use one.

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has tested or gamed this Driver is the last year or so.
Feel like I'd like to take a flyer on a use one.

I've had opportunities after buying a TR20 460 at $360 to buy used ones for $110 but one is enough. I did purchase an FP50 driver shaft for a higher kick in S flex and it keeps spin down. Good driver - good tech. When I've hit it a couple of times, I've been in place on fwy that I have not seen as in ball go far for me.

Hitting so many drivers now ... that I don't use one consistently enough.

From what I've heard about the XP-1, it is more SGI as in Ping's SFT

I've had opportunities after buying a TR20 460 at $360 to buy used ones for $110 but one is enough. I did purchase an FP50 driver shaft for a higher kick in S flex and it keeps spin down. Good driver - good tech. When I've hit it a couple of times, I've been in place on fwy that I have not seen as in ball go far for me.

Hitting so many drivers now ... that I don't use one consistently enough.

From what I've heard about the XP-1, it is more SGI as in Ping's SFT
The one I'm looking at at GolfPartner has a FP50 shaft. They also have one with a FD50 shaft as well.
Really don't know the difference is between FP and FD.

The one I'm looking at at GolfPartner has a FP50 shaft. They also have one with a FD50 shaft as well.
Really don't know the difference is between FP and FD.

FD is low kick to get ball way up and more spin

FP is higher kick for a lower yet very acceptable window with less spin

The stock shaft TR-50 or 60 is described as mid kick but it's a low mid-kick.

I am/was a tweener falling between R and S flex. These shafts run a bit softer to flex so I went to stiff.

Back