Honma TW XP-1 Driver - THP Review Thread

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
In for review is the latest from Honma Golf, the TW XP-1 Driver. There are several technological highlights to this head, but in short the highlights are a lightweight carbon fiber crown, a dual slot on the sole to help with ball speeds, and an adjustable system that doesn't make you rotate the shaft. More on that one to come because it is rather interesting. Before we get to far down the road, I wan't to show off a few pictures of the 10.5 degree head I will be testing out.

i-9GMDkw2-L.jpg

i-WXsj54H-L.jpg

i-Rqz2vJN-L.jpg

i-fCNWNfs-L.jpg

i-HpJJ4tk-L.jpg

i-FpZBc6F-L.jpg

i-tTV6SXv-L.jpg

i-7xc2pST-L.jpg

i-tHtWrh6-L.jpg

i-9hLjrHn-L.jpg

• Staff
I kind of liked these

i-kzC2Ws7-L.jpg

i-jRGLffN-L.jpg

My local Golf Galaxy has gone ALL in on the Honma gear and the driver looked really nice in person. I’m excited to see how your review goes!

• Staff
My local Golf Galaxy has gone ALL in on the Honma gear and the driver looked really nice in person. I’m excited to see how your review goes!

that's actually exciting to hear

• Staff
I love the pics on the turf. Really makes the driver pop.

that is called improvising when it's raining out and you can't find what box the photo tent is in.

Great pictures. Looking forward to your thoughts on this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to hearing more about it! Looks wise...love it and hate it at the same time.

Great looking driver, we’ll done on the photos....looking forward to your thoughts and feedback on performance.

Nice photos Dean! It’s a good looking driver, looking forward to reading more about it.

I love how clean the Honma drivers look at address. This is no exception. Looking forward to your thoughts, as I’m guessing they’ll mirror mine based on previous experience...

Nice photos Dean, can't wait to see your thoughts, especially with that vizard 43 shaft!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Pictures look great, really shows off the look of the driver. This driver sure has a hefty price tag for us mere mortal golfers. :rolleyes:

Really excited to get this thing on the course tomorrow.

Really excited to get this thing on the course tomorrow.

Have a great round tomorrow. Also would be interested in what you think of the driver. (y)

Very solid looking head. Good on them for including no visible graphics on or around the crown.

Nice. Deep face!

If I didn’t see the thread title I would have sworn this a was a cheap component driver like an Integra etc.

Has to be the worst looking premium driver out there.

Loved their prior driver with the orange accents. Not this one so much.

If I didn’t see the thread title I would have sworn this a was a cheap component driver like an Integra etc.

Has to be the worst looking premium driver out there.

Loved their prior driver with the orange accents. Not this one so much.

I'm the opposite of you. I liked the look of the TW737 line. Thought the orange of last year was pretty meh coming from Honma, and think this one brings them back to more of what I expect from them style wise.

I'm the opposite of you. I liked the look of the TW737 line. Thought the orange of last year was pretty meh coming from Honma, and think this one brings them back to more of what I expect from them style wise.

I’m just not into the chrome soles. Same with the gold plated look like XXIO uses.

I’m just not into the chrome soles. Same with the gold plated look like XXIO uses.

Chrome sole is a nightmare for photos so we can agree on that.

Dean, have you had any chances to hit this yet before on course? I’m interested in what the sound is like - more tingy like the Beres or more solid sounding like the TW line?

I'm pretty curious about the adjustability on this one. Since it's not using a cog system, I'm pretty intrigued how that works.

Back