Honma TW757 Hybrids

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread will serve as host for all of the information and reviews coming for the Honma TW757 Hybrids. Last week we held signups for THPers to test them out and they will be shipping to them soon. Their reviews and thoughts will be posted in here and if you have questions, ask away.

Last edited:
Got a package delivered today.
00EC43F9-B70F-40C1-ACF4-62B28667AE84_1_201_a.jpegC49CA394-64A8-441C-B7F4-551C9001831C_1_201_a.jpegIMG_4934.JPGIMG_4932.JPG
IMG_4935.JPGIMG_4939.JPGIMG_4937.JPG

It's a nice looking club. I enjoy the black and silver look. The grip has raised 'treads' in the area where my lead hand will rest. I assume that is to increase grip. The head cover is nice and has a rotating dial on the tag to display the degrees of the club (mine is 18º). The weight of the club feels good in my hands. I haven't compared it directly but the head is about the same size as my 21º 816 Hybrid, this one might be a little thinner on the face.

I haven't taken any swings with it yet but I like the way it looks at address in my office. Looks like it sits maybe a little more closed than my 816.

I'm most likely playing tomorrow and I have a very specific hole in mind where I think this club will be a perfect fit. #6 on my home course is a par 3 plays anywhere from 190ish to 205ish depending on pin placement. Currently I'm kinda in between clubs on that hole. I can try to lay off a 3w if the pin is back or put all I have in my 21º hybrid. I think the 18º Honma will be a real good fit.

I'll post some video and on course feedback tomorrow. Thanks again for this opportunity THP and Honma!

I got out for a quick 9 today before the heavy rain. I ended up playing the back so I didn’t get to make the tee shot on #6 I had in mind for this club.

I did hit it on hole 12. Second shot into a par 5 from 220ish out.

I ended up pushing it right which is my miss when getting used to a new stiff flex shaft. Just need to dial in a bit and get a feel for tempo I need.

It sounds really nice with good contact tho. I only got to use it once today so obviously more to come on feedback but figured I’d get a little teaser out here.

Have not received my 27 degree yet. I will put it in play as soon as possible.

Unexpected Sunday delivery (y)

First off it's a nice compact head design. I don't like to look down and see a "bulky" head. One of the reasons why I've never played a hybrid
Nice clean grooves across the entire face. "Flex channel" in the sole right behind the sweet spot. Which I believe will have an impact on the sound :unsure: Sweet spot more solid as opposed to out on the toe or heel
The Vizard shaft has great graphics. The top "checkered" pattern reminds me of Fujikura Atmos shafts. Very light ... 50g I like the fact that they put a sticker on it showing swing weight (D-2) which is perfect for me.
Grip has two different sections. Top hand is "knubby" ... reminds me of a ping pong paddle ... for extra traction. Bottom hand is just regular tour velvet.
20220814_180159.jpg
Can't wait to hit it this week (y) Thanks again THP & Honma!
20220814_180215.jpg20220814_180221.jpg20220814_180240.jpg20220814_180246.jpg
20220814_180336.jpg20220814_180349.jpg20220814_180401.jpg

Quality leather headcover as well..
16605168140657278976438345630586.jpg

Attachments

• 20220814_180307.jpg
    20220814_180307.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 2
Yes glad these are showing up and getting some action

i really like the shape at address

I am using a TW737 hybrid that has found its way back into my bag after a stint in the closet. I have hit some of the best shots of my life with this club even though I am typically bad with hybrids and fairway woods. Honma clubs exude quality in hand and have a great feel at impact. I bet the testers will enjoy this club and they will see the brand differently after using it.

The 21 degree regular flex should arrive today sometime. Golfer gal provided the tracking number. San Diego to Jax Fl, long ways.... I'll be sure to get some pictures up tonight and a write up from my range session. I am going to have my friend big hitter and myself short hitter take whacks with it and give an update. He is going to play it on Stadium Wednesday (He agreed to replace his woods and only bring it). and we are going to share it Friday when we play Dye Valley on Friday.

A couple of posters were curious about faster swing speeds so I figured have both test it.

Incoming....

Screenshot_20220815-095324_Chrome.jpg

I got out for a quick 9 today before the heavy rain. I ended up playing the back so I didn’t get to make the tee shot on #6 I had in mind for this club.

I did hit it on hole 12. Second shot into a par 5 from 220ish out.

I ended up pushing it right which is my miss when getting used to a new stiff flex shaft. Just need to dial in a bit and get a feel for tempo I need.

It sounds really nice with good contact tho. I only got to use it once today so obviously more to come on feedback but figured I’d get a little teaser out here.

Sounds really good

Sounds really good
Yep, the sound is really good when struck well.

Here is the hole I had in mind when I learned I was testing the Honma TW757.

Im still having some issues closing down the face was hoping for a tiny draw didn’t get it and this one went pin high 20y right. I do love looking down at it at address the profile is really nice.

When I do hit it like I want it’s a rocket launcher. I didn’t get this one on video but it was a screaming rocket 200y but also didn’t get the draw I was looking for so finished just right of the fairway on a long par 5 second shot.
607AEEAF-5C2C-4160-A4E3-BF460B3F26E7.jpeg

I think I probably need a reg flex shaft to play a draw with this club. I’ll keep trying at the range and play my stock fade while on the course with it.

Damn, I am slacking. Programming my arse off while you lucky dogs and bashing around new equipment.

Anyway.... It has arrived! 4 hybrid 21 degree, reg flex. 100% going to the range. Once I am off work and AFTER the range I will post my initial reaction along with pictures of this wonder product. Don't worry pics before I dirty it up will be taken first.

My friend will meet me up there as well and I'll get some comps against some of this equipment.

I am comping against Stealth 5 wood and Epic 11 wood. I want to see how it falls in my ecosystem of clubs. He is bringing a 5 iron loft t-200 loft jacked -2 and his 3 wood for a comp.

Really looking forward to this!

It has arrived!!!

I chose the 18* 3H because I am interested in seeing if this can beat my 7W out of a spot.or possibly replace my 5W & 7W to open up a spot for a chipper (jk 😉).

First Impressions right out of the box are that this looks like a premium golf club. The head is really well crafted and the Vizard shaft is beautiful. I love the pattern on the top near the grip. I currently play an Apex Pro and a Titleist 818H2 hybrid and both are smaller headed than this one but at 18* the heft will be much appreciated. There is 0 offset here and the head appears to set slightly open at address which is dead on perfect for me.

I hope to get out for at least a few shots tonight so more to come, but in the meantime here are some pics.20220815_162545.jpg20220815_162601.jpg20220815_162715.jpg

Anyone else hit any balls with this beauty yet?

It has arrived!!!

I chose the 18* 3H because I am interested in seeing if this can beat my 7W out of a spot.or possibly replace my 5W & 7W to open up a spot for a chipper (jk 😉).

First Impressions right out of the box are that this looks like a premium golf club. The head is really well crafted and the Vizard shaft is beautiful. I love the pattern on the top near the grip. I currently play an Apex Pro and a Titleist 818H2 hybrid and both are smaller headed than this one but at 18* the heft will be much appreciated. There is 0 offset here and the head appears to set slightly open at address which is dead on perfect for me.

I hope to get out for at least a few shots tonight so more to come, but in the meantime here are some pics.View attachment 9112639View attachment 9112640View attachment 9112641

that vizard shaft looks great!

Hopefully by tomorrow

241696FE-284B-4538-ACDD-0C791C717F65.png

In between rain showers today, I got to hit the 757 hybrid at my driving range ... i.e. my backyard (y)
First off, I like the way it sets up behind the ball. Nice compact look, not too bulky if that makes sense. Very easy to align to the target, even though there isn't any so called alignment aide.
First few swings I hit a few out to the right, pushes, straight right. I chalk that up to not warming up. (In between rain showers out the sliding doors in the basement) Has a nice sound to it. I'll try and get a video tomorrow afternoon if its not raining. Once sufficiently warmed up, I hit some really nice shots, even a slight draw, which I like to see. I chalk that up to the Regular shaft which is the real reason i requested that flex.
95 - 98 mph swing speed. Which unfortunately is the only stat I can track without a having a launch monitor.
I like the results so far. Any questions, ask away.

Hybrid.jpgHybrid 2.jpg

Hybrid 3.jpgHybrid 4.jpg

Hybrid 5.jpgBag.jpg

Here is my pics, not as good as the others. I will hit the range tomorrow, work kept me going late this evening.

In between rain showers today, I got to hit the 757 hybrid at my driving range ... i.e. my backyard (y)
First off, I like the way it sets up behind the ball. Nice compact look, not too bulky if that makes sense. Very easy to align to the target, even though there isn't any so called alignment aide.
First few swings I hit a few out to the right, pushes, straight right. I chalk that up to not warming up. (In between rain showers out the sliding doors in the basement) Has a nice sound to it. I'll try and get a video tomorrow afternoon if its not raining. Once sufficiently warmed up, I hit some really nice shots, even a slight draw, which I like to see. I chalk that up to the Regular shaft which is the real reason i requested that flex.
95 - 98 mph swing speed. Which unfortunately is the only stat I can track without a having a launch monitor.
I like the results so far. Any questions, ask away.
It sounds like we have about the same swing speed and same miss. I’m kinda regretting not going reg flex on this one. It’s tough because that swing speed is right on the line of stiff/reg. I’m sure I’ll get used to it in time. Just probably won’t be hitting draws.

It sounds like we have about the same swing speed and same miss. I’m kinda regretting not going reg flex on this one. It’s tough because that swing speed is right on the line of stiff/reg. I’m sure I’ll get used to it in time. Just probably won’t be hitting draws.
I run into that problem all the time.

I hit my best shot so far with the Honma 757 today. Long uphill par 5. The second shot was still forever away (280+). I haven't been hitting my 3w very well of the deck so I pulled the 18-degree I put a really smooth swing on it and crushed it dead straight 210y.

A little over 200 is precisely what I need to fill the gap between 3w and my 21-degree hybrid. I'm liking this. Now to see how consistent I can make it.

Got out and hit some balls during lunch. This club sets up really nice behind the ball. It's a nice size and shape and sets down very nicely on the ground. First 3 balls I hit were in almost the exact same spot. They were all 3 within 10 yards of each other in a real nice little triangle. The launch and path were very similar as well. I love seeing that in a hybrid as they seem to vary launch from high to low pretty easily based on their design.

Next spot I hit from was the 200 yard marker on the par 4 closest to my house. I hit 3 balls at the green lining up dead at it. I do hit a slight draw so wanted to see if this held true and the 2 balls I hit well both were mid green high just left of the green (we have tiny greens). 200 yards total distance is a really nice number for me from a 3H. That would slot it probably between my 5W and 7W. The 7W would probably carry a bit further and stop while this seemed like it carried about 185 and rolled out another 15 yards or so. That's par for the course as hybrids generally roll out more with my swing.

First impressions are really good. I will have to try this club out on the par 3 right next to my house. It plays 195 from the black tees and it sets up perfectly for right to left flight with a line of trees on the left blocking any attempt at fading one into the green.

This club has a nice sound to it too. A very muted ting. Almost identical to my Apex Pro hybrid.

Last edited:
I hit my best shot so far with the Honma 757 today. Long uphill par 5. The second shot was still forever away (280+). I haven't been hitting my 3w very well of the deck so I pulled the 18-degree I put a really smooth swing on it and crushed it dead straight 210y.

A little over 200 is precisely what I need to fill the gap between 3w and my 21-degree hybrid. I'm liking this. Now to see how consistent I can make it.
Sounds like it is exactly what you were looking for (y)

Back