Honma TW757 Hybrids

Finished up 18 today hit it 3 times.

1st time off the tee short par 4, ~300 yards. Took a nice smooth swing hit it square in the face, mid flight beautiful draw the best the club has felt, you can tell the head has a ton of R&D in it.... Unreal, slight draw but nothing crazy, more straight than anything. ~175 yards

2nd off the fairway, thinned not a good hit. I liked it though because it scooted along the fairway for almost 170...... Common amature mishit and it stayed straight and still advanced.

3rd tee shot on a 450 yard par 5. Tagged it with heavy hook, stayed in play ~180 yards maybe 190 didn't measure officially on this one.

To this day I haven't hit one OB and I have hit it A LOT. Probably the best thing I noticed about it so far, it stays in play.....

Finished up 18 today hit it 3 times.

1st time off the tee short par 4, ~300 yards. Took a nice smooth swing hit it square in the face, mid flight beautiful draw the best the club has felt, you can tell the head has a ton of R&D in it.... Unreal, slight draw but nothing crazy, more straight than anything. ~175 yards

2nd off the fairway, thinned not a good hit. I liked it though because it scooted along the fairway for almost 170...... Common amature mishit and it stayed straight and still advanced.

3rd tee shot on a 450 yard par 5. Tagged it with heavy hook, stayed in play ~180 yards maybe 190 didn't measure officially on this one.

To this day I haven't hit one OB and I have hit it A LOT. Probably the best thing I noticed about it so far, it stays in play.....
Keeping it in play is always a good thing haha

Keeping it in play is always a good think haha

Especially for a 18 handicap. It's a nice advancement club for am's IMO. Especially off the tee. My stealth 5 wood gets me introuble a lot, the Honma 21 degree goes far enough but not crazy far and as a high cap AM is great for moving around the course.

Thin hits, not leading edge thin, but thin still dart out there and run if the conditions allow it.

Especially for a 18 handicap. It's a nice advancement club for am's IMO. Especially off the tee. My stealth 5 wood gets me introuble a lot, the Honma 21 degree goes far enough but not crazy far and as a high cap AM is great for moving around the course.

Thin hits, not leading edge thin, but thin still dart out there and run if the conditions allow it.
Thats fantastic to hear. Do you only play this hybrid? If so would you consider adding more or replacing another club to add another one?

So you all are experiencing that same wild grip that is on the irons, driver, and 3 wood. I know initially the texture of that grip is aggressive. Just wondering if you've gotten more used to it and your thoughts have evolved on it? I know the more I use my Honma sticks, the more I actually like that grip, and I really disliked it when I first got the irons in hand.
I like the grip, but I generally use a thicker grip so it's not my preferred size. I will regroup pretty soon. Nothing against the texture, it's just too thin for me.

Thats fantastic to hear. Do you only play this hybrid? If so would you consider adding more or replacing another club to add another one?

I have an M6 which is out on loan right (basically gone) now which is 25 degrees and I hate it to be honest, this might be a cop out but I think partly its due to how upright it is. My irons are fitted along with most of my other clubs, I play flat, ~2 degrees. So the Honma at 58 is really nice the M6 I believe is 61 up. I have more of a one piece swing and have a flatter arc on my swing so that upright equipment doesn't work for me very well... I've been fitted a couple of times and that's usually the verdict.

But to answer your question I would definitely consider it. Another one added in at my 25 or 27 ( I think they go that high ) would be a good 5 iron replacement and truth be told, I wouldn't mind replacing my 6 iron, that's 50/50 but that's a lot of cash in hybrids. My 5 iron is 23 degrees and my 6 is 26. My 7 is 30 and that's probably the first iron in my bag I feel really comfortable hitting usually.

Current state I would say from some sample data collection the 21 degree is ~175 my 6 iron is 155 - 150 and my 7 is 145 - 140 something like that. My 5 iron is solid off the tee but at 23 degrees it doesn't get in the air that high from the turf usually. This is where something that slots in at 165 might make sense.... Essentially removing the 5 iron.

I forgot to mention in my bag I also have a 11 wood from Callaway Epic, it's flat so it fits my swing profile, but I just think with the big wood head it's just hard to be accurate. Maybe that's just in my head but without H4 it's hard to say..... Something more ironish would be a welcome site, lol. As long as it was flat. I believe the Epic 11 is the same 58 as the Honma which makes a lot of sense. I can hit this about 160 - 165 usually. Maybe 170.

I really need to get the H4 tracking device to see where my game is going....

It would be way more conclusive for my testing efforts. Speaking of which my friend just sent over his H4 data and I'll be posting that tomorrow, from the same club 21 degree.

Last edited:
Okay as promised here is my friends shots from the Shot Trac H4 I think it's called.

Sawgrass 1.jpg

Notes provided from my friend.

Off Tee - Mishit way off toe slight draw ended up in trap.
Sawgrass 2.jpg

This was from the right rough, 212 yards. He said it was fantastic from the rough.
Sawgrass 3.jpg

Snap hooked it off the tee but it kicked back into the fairway, hit an Oak tree. Hit it again 212.

He is a high cap but does swing around 110. He can carry 280 obviously not the case in these pictures, but felt the regular flex shaft was fine, the grip was more problematic due to the size he plays a mid + 1 on his T 200's and the rest of his bag.

I believe 233 was max for him and high 160s was the min. I believe if you take out any total shanks etc... He was averaging over 200.

Question for the testers, is this a club you would have considered if not for being selected to test?

Reactions: JB
Question for the testers, is this a club you would have considered if not for being selected to test?

I don't think so, that's why this testing experiment was really cool. At one point I considered trying their irons, but I lucked into these F7's (Paid 300 for them from my swing coach) and never looked back, well I did actually 3 different times and the irons were worse lol so I reverted back.....

Back to your point, no never would I have thought to try to Honma hybrids. I don't know enough about their products. To be honest moving forward into club purchasing I may look at this product, I'll tell you what it's as good as any hybrid I have ever hit. It's WAY better for me than the M6 25 degree and I didn't care of the Super Hybrid by Callaway either...... Too sloppy big misses like a fairway wood. (my fault of course but it's how it works). lol I had a Nike hybrid YEARS ago and I loved it and that might be the only hybrid I have hit that I preferred over this Honma. But what's funny is the head shape and the way it looks at address looks similiar.

Keep an eye on my sig you may see that replace my 11 wood or 5 wood. Like I said (and this isn't going to help mid or low caps I dont think) but for a high cap it's a safe club to use, it has tech in it that gives it the feel of guardrails on your shots. Big toe misses where you get that awful gear effect, the shot kind of fires off to the right and swings back around enough to keep you in play. I don't normally heel hit so I haven't experience the performance (or lack there of) from those mishits..... For me as long as you hit it like an iron and take nice measured swings it plays like a 4 iron SHOULD in my set ~170 - 175 yards. I initially was measuring around close to 180 but that's not reality with my ability level. I also had some tee shots in there that skewed those averages a little.

Last edited:
I don't think so, that's why this testing experiment was really cool. At one point I considered trying their irons, but I lucked into these F7's (Paid 300 for them from my swing coach) and never looked back, well I did actually 3 different times and the irons were worse lol so I reverted back.....

Back to your point, no never would I have thought to try to Honma hybrids. I don't know enough about their products. To be honest moving forward into club purchasing I may look at this product, I'll tell you what it's as good as any hybrid I have ever hit. It's WAY better for me than the M6 25 degree and I didn't care of the Super Hybrid by Callaway either...... Too sloppy big misses like a fairway wood. (my fault of course but it's how it works). lol I had a Nike hybrid YEARS ago and I loved it and that might be the only hybrid I have hit that I preferred over this Honma. But what's funny is the head shape and the way it looks at address looks similiar.

Keep an eye on my sig you may see that replace my 11 wood or 5 wood. Like I said (and this isn't going to help mid or low caps I dont think) but for a high cap it's a safe club to use, it has tech in it that gives it the feel of guardrails on your shots. Big toe misses where you get that awful gear effect, the shot kind of fires off to the right and swings back around enough to keep you in play. I don't normally heel hit so I haven't experience the performance (or lack there of) from those mishits..... For me as long as you hit it like an iron and take nice measured swings it plays like a 4 iron SHOULD in my set ~170 - 175 yards. I initially was measuring around close to 180 but that's not reality with my ability level. I also had some tee shots in there that skewed those averages a little.

Which Nike hybrid? In the next year I expect to eventually turn almost my whole bag over, but know that my Nike hybrid is the least likely to go. It’s just so incredibly consistent for me, especially as an alternative to driver on shorter par 4’s. Only weakness is performance out of the rough.

I am going to play Friday with weather permitting, my friend as well, we will pass it back and forth lol.

I want to reiterate this. IMO if you are high cap and are struggling with identifying an mid to long advancement club (170+) ****Side bar I am as normal as you get with shot distances, if you look at the average high handicap golfer the distance tables literally lay over my distances.....
I would consider this club as mentioned previously the 5 wood is dangerous with my skill level and can get me OB in a hurry, I feel like the 21 degree Honma is perfect for long advancement shots to get you back in the hole or safely advance down the fairway. Previously for me it was either my 11 wood which required a very good lie or my 7 iron which maybe gets me 150 yards. This club is a good one to perform that same type of shot but get you an additional 20 yards from my 7 iron, which could be the difference of 120 in from 140 (which for me is night and day). or even better maybe 80 for my SM8 58 degree.... My money club.

It has a lot of utility and I even like using it around the green for bump and run shots. I currently do that with my 11 wood which works great. Again need H4 but I bet SG around the green with my 11 wood I would shoot up really high, I just have that knack at making those shots. The hybrid at 21 degree is even better not as much loft on the face but still lofted enough to get you over some nasties before it lands and rolls.

I was pondering a club to try and fill a gap between my 21° hybrid and 3w but I can’t say I would have considered Honma. I’m finding out that is a mistake.

Which Nike hybrid? In the next year I expect to eventually turn almost my whole bag over, but know that my Nike hybrid is the least likely to go. It’s just so incredibly consistent for me, especially as an alternative to driver on shorter par 4’s. Only weakness is performance out of the rough.

We are talking 20 years ago, I believe it was tour edition (supposedly the same one KJ Choi used) but who really knows. I bought it off a fellow who owned a range who would peddle some clubs.

I believe it was the slingshot but tour version if that makes sense......

This is an interesting question. I've been considering a shake up at the top of my bag and going from 7W to Hybrid is a thought I have had. I like the way hybrids play. I'm not sure I would have considered Honma, but that's mainly because I don't have anywhere to test Honma gear out locally. We have a Golf Galaxy which doesn't carry much outside of Titleist, Callaway, Cobra, TM, Ping, and Mizuno. We have a local place that carries a ton of brands, but Honma is one brand they do not have. So it would have been tough to get my hands on one to hit.

I actually love the grip! I was hoping to get a complete set of them .... they are that good. I really like the top hand with so much traction. Even better than the GP CPX grip IMO (y)

Nope. Only because I've never had a hybrid in the bag. I've always opted for the driving iron or utility 🤯

I actually love the grip! I was hoping to get a complete set of them .... they are that good. I really like the top hand with so much traction. Even better than the GP CPX grip IMO (y)

+1 I love the grip too, compare it to the Taylor Made stock grips it's not even comparable..... I prefer a standard 1 wrap so the size fits me well.

I only had time for the putting & chipping area yesterday at the club. So I ventured to trying out the hybrid "chip" :unsure: With clean lies around the green, on the fringe, this thing is deadly! Once I got used to the speed of how hard to hit it to go a certain distance 🤯 I've found another way to scramble now. Uh oh ...

I only had time for the putting & chipping area yesterday at the club. So I ventured to trying out the hybrid "chip" :unsure: With clean lies around the green, on the fringe, this thing is deadly! Once I got used to the speed of how hard to hit it to go a certain distance 🤯 I've found another way to scramble now. Uh oh ...

That's what I am saying! My 11 wood is 58 lie angle and so is the honma. Both work brilliantly around the green. I close the face just as little set my body with the angle of the lie and use my hands to pop it, it's ridiculous how close it gets. Both the 11 and the Honma. It enables me to 1 putt 2 - 3 times a round due to how close you can get it to the hole and sometimes it even drops for bird or par.....

It's not going to win you any style points and in fact my buddies give me grief but they all acknowledge I do it well and a lot of that reason is the equipment.

That is a really handy shot to have in the bag.

I like the combo and I noticed some really liked the grip. I went from hating it to kind of liking it to now not sure if I want it on all my clubs or want it off this one, because of matching feel in the hands.

What are you guys noticing in terms of how it fits in your bag long term?

Hopefully get back on the course this weekend. Probably a course where there are two par 3's over 200 yards ... so this will get a work out, me thinks :unsure::ROFLMAO:

I like the combo and I noticed some really liked the grip. I went from hating it to kind of liking it to now not sure if I want it on all my clubs or want it off this one, because of matching feel in the hands.

What are you guys noticing in terms of how it fits in your bag long term?

that's the same transition I went through mentally.

What did you ultimately decide on?

I like the grip, but I was not an initial fan. I think it's great on the irons, I feel like I have a lot of control of the clubface because of how grippy that top section is.

Back