Honma TW757 Hybrids

3W stayed in the bag the whole day today with the exception of the tee shot on #2 and #3 that I always use it for. I hit 5 shots with the Honma and I'm pretty well and content to never hit my current 3w off the deck again now that I have it. I get just about the same distance with A LOT more reliability and consistency. I have the confidence I need when standing over the ball with this hybrid in my hand.

@Jman I feel like I answered the questions on flight pattern, launch, and tendency earlier in the thread but in case I didn't... It has a nice high launch for me (higher than my 21º hybrid even), and the ball flight is a little butter cut which plays nicely for me. I haven't cooked a single duck with it. If you want to see ball flight check some of my videos ITT the shot tracer, while not perfect, will give at least an idea.

Nearly a month in, let's get some detailed feedback on what you are seeing, what is different from previous clubs, some positives. Let's hear it testers. Super quiet in here.
Bumping this again.

Well another decent practice round with this bad boy & it's convinced me ... I do benefit from a hybrid. Having never played one before, for whatever reason other than I like to think I NEED a 2-iron! :rolleyes: But this club has proven a lot more versatile than I thought. It's gotten me out of some very high rough & down the fairway a lot easier & further than the 2-iron would ever have. The ease of the sole gliding over the grass is impressive. It's proven to be a good punch out club, as well as a great bump & run club around the green. I could never have done that with the 2-iron, well, except for the punch outs. Also with the softer tip, it seems to draw so much easier, which is what I like, since my miss is usually right anyway. So it's taken the entire right side out of play for me.
I am very impressed with this Honma hybrid & it's staying in the bag for quite a while. Anyone need a 2-iron? :ROFLMAO:

I’ve seen the comment about the shaft stiffness (or lack of) promoting or discouraging a draw from a few of you. Is that something you experience with other clubs in the bag too?

I went to a top tracer range this morning and hit a bunch of 3W and Honma 757 18° hybrid. I wanted to get a better idea if I can comfortably replace my 3w with the Honma.

Avg distance for my 3w was 219y avg carry but the dispersion was around 30ish yards. Unfortunately that information doesn’t seem to be available post session in the app and I didn’t take a picture.

Honma 757 18° hybrid was 206y avg carry but the dispersion was around 15y and ball flight was a much more consistent baby fade.

I don’t think I’ll take the 3W out of the bag and give up the potential yardage. I hope to be able to actually hit it consistently one day. But while I get those issues sorted out the 757 is a great replacement that I can rely on to produce a pretty consistent result.

I’ve seen the comment about the shaft stiffness (or lack of) promoting or discouraging a draw from a few of you. Is that something you experience with other clubs in the bag too?

It was a passing thought I had if I had a chance to test any club out, was to request an Regular shaft. ALL of my clubs, with the exception now of the 757, are stiff shaft. I am getting older, slower swing speed, etc. (too many 🍺) so I think or thought I'd be better off in a softer tip, regular shaft, from now on. It may be an anomaly, but it's taken the entire right side of the course out of play for me with this in my hands. So I'm hoping that my thought is correct ... because I've ordered my Titleist irons (which still have yet to arrive :banghead:) with Regular shafts! So I'll be golden if it helps correct my right side miss. 🤯

@Bernoulli any additional thoughts or recaps you can share?

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Had a lot of fun with this on the range last night. I was trying different kinds of shots intentionally .... draws, fades, high, low & even the stinger low punch. Hitting draws are very easy with it as I've stated. They say the hardest shot to hit is the straight one ... well not for this club. It really does go high & straight the majority of the time. I tried to hit intentional fades ... probably 7 out of 10 worked out well. The others were off the map cuts ... way off line :eek: But I'll take that for consistency. I need to get on a course with tighter cut fairways and hit it off tighter lies because the majority of my courses aren't cutting fairways as much now with the heat. So they're a bit fuzzy so the ball sits up for the most part. I have a tendency to hit it a bit higher on the face as a result.
I am definitely convinced though that it's better for my game to have a hybrid in the bag. (y)

What’s the most and least forgiving aspect of the club?

Path, area of contact, etc.

I apologize to the forum for the delay in posting further observations. After dealing with a family related health issue last week that required an unscheduled trip out of town for some time, I was finally able to get some range and course time today with the Honma hybrid.

I selected the 27 degree hybrid with the 50 Reg flex shaft. I play regular shafts in all my clubs and I have a slower swing speed. This shaft is light and it has some give to it.

I have never played a hybrid with this much loft before. However, I decided to try this as I have had some success with a 4h and a 5h. I‘m not a confident iron player with any iron less than my 7 iron, so this seemed to be a good choice.

Now for my observations as to the numerous swings I took on the range and on the course today. Overall, my ball flight was remarkably straight. I tend to lose shots right but the ball wasn’t drifting right with this hybrid. I purposely hit some out on the toe and they still went straight. I was able to hit some intentional cuts. So, I am very pleased as to ball flight.

The club is easy to launch. A nice easy, controlled swing resulted in a nice high, straight shot. On the range, once I achieved a good tempo with my swing, I got very consistent results.

Now for the most interesting aspect of my range and course testing - that is trajectory. On well struck shots, this club launches high. I’m thinking it was the combination of the loft and the regular shaft. I don’t usually launch the ball that high with similarly lofted clubs. Although high, the ball was not ballooning on me. Distance was fairly good and consistent. My only other concern is that it might be too high if I was hitting into the wind.

I was pleased with the results I have been seeing and will continue to post here. I’ll keep the club in the bag for the remainder of the season.

I’m finding it very forgiving out towards the toe. I have a tendency to miss there and I’m seeing good results on those strikes.

And as someone who tends to lose shots right, I’m not seeing that as much with this club

It was a passing thought I had if I had a chance to test any club out, was to request an Regular shaft. ALL of my clubs, with the exception now of the 757, are stiff shaft. I am getting older, slower swing speed, etc. (too many 🍺) so I think or thought I'd be better off in a softer tip, regular shaft, from now on. It may be an anomaly, but it's taken the entire right side of the course out of play for me with this in my hands. So I'm hoping that my thought is correct ... because I've ordered my Titleist irons (which still have yet to arrive :banghead:) with Regular shafts! So I'll be golden if it helps correct my right side miss. 🤯

I had a similar results with the regular shaft. I wasn’t losing shots right.

I can’t hit a draw with any club So, I can’t address that aspect of your question. But, with the Regular shaft in this hybrid, I’m hitting the ball straighter than my other Regular shafted hybrids (Callaway B 21with stock shaft).

I miss on the high toe often. This one has some good launch and pop off the toe so that's really good. I also miss on the heal from time to time. Nothing is very forgiving there LOL.

I have another round scheduled Monday. I will hopefully get a few shots in tomorrow evening too.

I read through the descriptions of the shafts. I generally like stiff and light so I picked the TH (Tour Hybrid??) 70g stiff flex. The description sounded like what I like and it also matches the way it plays perfectly. I felt like their website was pretty useful for self fitting. The TH was explained as the stable throughout shaft and the Vizard was described as the shaft with more action in the tip.

I read through the descriptions of the shafts. I generally like stiff and light so I picked the TH (Tour Hybrid??) 70g stiff flex. The description sounded like what I like and it also matches the way it plays perfectly. I felt like their website was pretty useful for self fitting. The TH was explained as the stable throughout shaft and the Vizard was described as the shaft with more action in the tip.

I’m not very knowledgeable about shafts, but I can confirm your belief as to the Vizard shaft - at least as far as I have observed.

I can definitely agree with you here. The Vizard has a very active tip but is surprisingly stable.

Got a round tomorrow morning, but got out for a few at dusk tonight and ended up playing 11 holes. Got 4 chances to hit this. I was casting a bit early as I had not played in a couple weeks. That said hit 2 loopy draws off the toe while I was getting my swing in order. Both had plenty of pop. If I crush this it’s carrying 190ish. Both of these carried 150 and bound forward another 20 yards or so. That’s a lot of forgiveness on 2 bad swings. 3rd and 4th shots were both post getting my swing figured out. I popped both of those full on for that 190 carry mentioned early. Both slightly open faced so didn’t catch a green but got up and down from both. Good shots for me. This will be in play on all shots tomorrow.

Well, played from tees forward from where I normally play. Didn’t use this all day today, but did shoot my best round in 2 years at 83. Might start playing these tees more often :p

191y Par 3. I get to the tee box and a group of 3 waves me up to play through as I’m playing by myself. I pull the Honma put a nice smooth swing on it. Green was uphill and sloped back at us and wet from all the rain so it hits and stops dead 3 foot from the ball mark at about 8 foot.

Guys go wild and start asking about the club. We talk about it and THP for a couple minutes. Minds blown all around.

I love this club.

Got in a round on Monday morning before the rains hit. Got to hit the 757 only 3 times .... 2/3 would be considered fantastic. The other was this one. Fairly difficult lie, right next to a divot that I was thankful that I missed, downhill, about 200 yards out. Kind of pushed it to the right of the green, near the cart path ... it was a good thing I waited for the carts ahead to clear out cause it wouldn't have been pretty. A bit hard to take a pic while playing but this rough was brutal in some places.

Hybrid.jpg

I'm still liking this club, especially the ease of swinging it & the active tip. The only thing I don't like so far is the grip ... it doesn't work well with sweaty hands. So I'll be changing it before the next round I think.

It's made it in my signature perm. I actually ended up giving my 25 degree hybrid M6 to my buddy (paying it forward) and keeping the Honma 21 degree. I like how it hits off the tee for me, the Stealth 5 wood is a little too hot when playing from the white tees (which I normally play). I play some courses where you need to go 175 - 190 then come in at 135 on a dog leg etc... I really like the Honma for that, tight draw high 170s and when it begins to dry out (rain season in FL) it'll go a little farther. The 11 wood is just to spinny and lofty, it's a good safety club if you really run out of real estate or if you are approaching into the green, but from the tee it's pretty useless unless it's like specific par 3. And I don't care for the second shot on the fairway this is where IMO the Honma shines. The stealth is almost too much it's such a hot club.... It runs out forever.... I think it's more of an advanced golfer club or something, it goes about as far as my 2017 Ping Driver on certain holes. It pissed me off the other day it was about 220 till you run into the woods, and the jerk rolled and rolled and rolled into the woods. The Honma would have been perfect for this shot, maybe back 10 yards to far but still in play and living to see another day.

Anyway that's kind of the wrap up, it's in the bag. My buddy who had the high swing speed was hit or mis with in but it's staying with me :)

Recap I use it for tee shots and advancement shots like on second shot par 5's. My biggest compliment is it doesn't go out of bounds. Toe shots are actually very playable, they tend to start off right of target line but somehow pull back in to the shot line. I don't really heel strike much, reasonable thins go about the same distance assuming the geography allows it.

One last thing I feel bad I should have gifted the M6 to a member, but my buddy did so much testing on the Honma (more than me if you count the range) I felt like I should at least give him the M6..... If there is a next time I'll gift the club that it replaces, if it replaces to a member to pay it forward......

Last edited:
Back