Honma TW757 Hybrids

Couple of photos:

At address
20220816_141814.jpg

Really nice dispersion from 200 yards.
20220816_142136.jpg

Came home to a Fed Ex sticker on the door. Delivery attempted but no one was home. No package left.

21 degree 4 hybrid regular flex - Test 1 range

Went to the range and brought two clubs to ensure I hit the hybrid pretty exclusively. Warmed up with the 9 iron hit ~10 shots and did some stretching and then proceed to knock off a small bucket with the hybrid

First thing I noticed was the lie angle was flatter IMO than most other hybrids I have hit. I believe it's 58 degrees. I have a few in my garage and I set them side by side and they look more up right than the Honma, so if you are someone who likes flatter lie angles on your irons this might be for you.

The look at address is fantastic, the head is class the shaft is modern, love the mix between the two. Top down it reminds me of a titleist hybrid with an aftermarket shaft. The swing weight says D2 but it "felt" heavier almost like a M series from Taylormade in that D3 range.

Shaft has some wobble to it as you would expect from a regular flex but it most certainly not a noodle IMO. The M6 and SIM have more wobble.

Anyway I start to hit some balls the first couple were a disaster then I finally found my low point with this club. Off the tee the ball had a nice ball flight fairly high relative to some of the others I have hit. My driver swing speed is around 92 - 93 just to give you a bench mark. I was routinely hitting balls around 185 yards carry with a smooth iron swing, not like a driving iron swing were you really try to get at it. I found when I tried to produce more speed with my swing it was a disaster, for me the club remained a true iron replacement club for a 4 iron in this case.

It wasn't one of the most forgiving clubs but I when you hit it well you could tell, so if you are someone looking for feedback from your hybrids like you would get from your irons this might be one to look at. For instance the Callaway Super Hybrid provides 0 feedback IMO unless you thin it on the leading edge or really mis hit it.

Back to the range.... The range was chewed up so I hit my fairway shots with a tee but pushed it flush to the ground to reinact a good fairway. I didn't notice much of a performance drop off at all. Flight was a little down which would be problimatic on approach with my swing profile but for advancement shots it was a winner. Dispersion wasn't bad at all not many heavy draws or fades, it wanted to go straight.

In short distance ~180 yards off the ground/tee lol since range was chewed and maybe another 5 yards off the tee.

As promised I am passing this club around to get more data on it. My friend has the H4 and is playing Stadium (today) so he has the club tagged and will provide some stats. He's a high handicap like myself but 6 ft 4 and can swing around 110 with his driver, maybe more. His woods have been removed so he only has this club and a 25 degree m6 along with his irons etc..... I'll post those screenshots once I receive those. We are playing on Friday at TPC Valley he and I will use it exclusively. In fact we are going to play the blues on the back so I can test it on the pars 3s, they are around 180 each. I may just blue it up on the par 3's ;)

Sorry for the rambling but this is first pass. My normal range was closed due to some crisis so I had to make due with a really bad one.....

The 4 some he is with are all really nice golfers, infact one the guys dropped a 68 / 66 from the blues at the stadium just recently, so I am hoping my friend can talk the + into hitting it a few times. He is super chill so I don't see a problem with that. Lots more info to come.

Last edited:
Good job on the early feedback, everyone.

What do you all typically use a hybrid for most often? How does this one compare for you (to your gamer or past gamers) in that role?

Good job on the early feedback, everyone.

What do you all typically use a hybrid for most often? How does this one compare for you (to your gamer or past gamers) in that role?

I usually use the 4 - 5 hybrids for long par 3s, second shot par 5s unless it's really short like 450-475 then I'll usually hit 7 or 8 iron. And short par 4s off the tee. I never really approach into greens much with it unless it's along par 3.

One other thing I do with the FW or Hybrid is bump around the fairway. I am VERY good at this in fact I get compliements from very good golfer I play with, so with that feedback and my scoring feedback it's part of my DNA now. I will do some of that this Friday before my round at Valley.

I usually use the 4 - 5 hybrids for long par 3s, second shot par 5s unless it's really short like 450-475 then I'll usually hit 7 or 8 iron. And short par 4s off the tee. I never really approach into greens much with it unless it's along par 3.

One other thing I do with the FW or Hybrid is bump around the fairway. I am VERY good at this in fact I get compliements from very good golfer I play with, so with that feedback and my scoring feedback it's part of my DNA now. I will do some of that this Friday before my round at Valley.

Cool - appreciate the response! What exactly do you mean when you say bump around the fairway.

Cool - appreciate the response! What exactly do you mean when you say bump around the fairway.
Bump and Run around the green, 10 yards or so out. I have a knack for that shot, as silly as it seems I can hole them doing that from time to time and a lot of times leave them for tap ins.

Last edited:
Bump and Run around the green, 10 yards or so out. I have a knack for that shot, as silly as it seems I can hole them doing that from time to time and a lot of times leave them for tap ins.

I gotcha. I used a fairway wood for that the other day (ball was against the second collar) and my kid looked at my like I was an idiot until it settled within 5 feet.

I hit this a few times last week and came away super impressed with the sound and feel and for my miss, which is toe side, it was dynamic how good it was. More time will be spent for sure.

I'm using it for second shots into par 5's, especially if I'm in the rough ... which happens more than I'd like to admit. This was the issue I have with the 2-iron ... it was just impossible to get out of the rough. This serves the purpose of those shots that are right in between my 4 iron & 3 wood ... 4 iron would end up short & 3 wood would be too far, so this is right where I need it. I have yet to get this on the course (I'm hoping to change that this weekend) but it works great out of the long grass in my yard, I mean driving range. The sole design just seems to glide thru the tall grass. It also has a not too harsh sound, which I like ... not really a loud click, even on shots out on the toe. Oh, I also plan on using it for those long par 3's that need something high to get it to stop. Looking forward to more testing. Just wish I had a way of telling me distance ... without spending $$$ on a GC-Quad :ROFLMAO:

I'm using it for second shots into par 5's, especially if I'm in the rough ... which happens more than I'd like to admit. This was the issue I have with the 2-iron ... it was just impossible to get out of the rough. This serves the purpose of those shots that are right in between my 4 iron & 3 wood ... 4 iron would end up short & 3 wood would be too far, so this is right where I need it. I have yet to get this on the course (I'm hoping to change that this weekend) but it works great out of the long grass in my yard, I mean driving range. The sole design just seems to glide thru the tall grass. It also has a not too harsh sound, which I like ... not really a loud click, even on shots out on the toe. Oh, I also plan on using it for those long par 3's that need something high to get it to stop. Looking forward to more testing. Just wish I had a way of telling me distance ... without spending $$$ on a GC-Quad :ROFLMAO:
It’s a great club out of the rough on par 5s for me too. It really cuts through and doesn’t get hung up and suffer a twisted face like irons do for me.

I had a really nice shot with it today on the par 3 I posted about on Monday. It rolled out a little further than I would have liked but had a decent look at bird from 25ish feet. That rarely if ever happens for me on this hole. It’s almost always a 4 here.
DF91E10A-7C67-4664-8489-A735CABBE3AD.jpeg
I was even able to draw this shot just a little.

Hate long par 3’s.

Good to read comments on playability from the rough. I’ve experienced some great hybrids in that regard, but some that are just useless.

It’s a great club out of the rough on par 5s for me too. It really cuts through and doesn’t get hung up and suffer a twisted face like irons do for me.

I had a really nice shot with it today on the par 3 I posted about on Monday. It rolled out a little further than I would have liked but had a decent look at bird from 25ish feet. That rarely if ever happens for me on this hole. It’s almost always a 4 here.
View attachment 9113059
I was even able to draw this shot just a little.

This is worth it in itself (y)

Missed another delivery today from Fed Ex. I just got home from work to another sticker on the door. I’ll try to make arrangements to see if it can be delivered tomorrow.

So ... before the rains came, yet again. :banghead:

These are 2 different lies & their perspective divots

20220817_182043.jpg

#1 divot

20220817_182324.jpg

20220817_182031.jpg

#2 divot

20220817_182319.jpg

This just seems to glide thru the turf, no matter the lie. Just going to take me a bit to adjust in my stance accordingly. But I like the turf interaction for sure.

Contact .... on the toe, slightly on purpose :unsure: (stood a bit further & tried to drop it more inside) This produced a nice pretty draw. One reason I requested a softer Regular shaft ... for that extra ease of face closure. Exactly how I drew it up. (y)

20220817_182202.jpg

There is a tree I hit to as my range target (Lasered it to 195 yards) in my backyard range. I am consistently passing 3/4 of the way up the tree. So I'm guesstimating it would be about 210 - 215 yards :unsure: Exactly the distance I'm looking for.

This can't be that easy can it?? :dohanim:

Missed another delivery today from Fed Ex. I just got home from work to another sticker on the door. I’ll try to make arrangements to see if it can be delivered tomorrow.
Don't want to be Captain Obvious ... but it has to be signed for. Call the facility and see if you can request delivery time while you're home :unsure: Or depending how far away the facility is, you can pick it up there.

Hit the Honma TW757 210ish yards for the second shot on the #14 par 5 over water. Landed it about 20 foot from the hole and it finished around 12 foot on one of the straightest ball flights I had all day. I burned the lip on the high side for what would have been my first eagle on this hole.
281CAF4C-EE25-4818-8A73-BD59C7B87195.jpeg
Im getting a very nice high ball flight from this rocket launcher. I’m falling in love with this club.

Don't want to be Captain Obvious ... but it has to be signed for. Call the facility and see if you can request delivery time while you're home :unsure: Or depending how far away the facility is, you can pick it up there.

Thanks.

Hit the Honma TW757 210ish yards for the second shot on the #14 par 5 over water. Landed it about 20 foot from the hole and it finished around 12 foot on one of the straightest ball flights I had all day. I burned the lip on the high side for what would have been my first eagle on this hole.
View attachment 9113156
Im getting a very nice high ball flight from this rocket launcher. I’m falling in love with this club.
Nice shot dude.

I’m out of town tomorrow and won’t be available for a delivery on Friday. I have attempted to place a hold and pickup at a location other than home.

As promised my friend omitted his woods and went exclusively with the 21 degree gapping between his driver and 5 iron. He is ~20 handicap with a ~110 swing speed. My approach to testing is to pass the club around to get other peoples opinions. He is really bad around the green, played college hockey has a really nice full swing.

The course played was TPC Sawgrass Stadium, back 9 start

First time used was off the pine straw. Anticipated a hook due to various reasons but the overall distance of the 21 degree Honma was 223. Set him up nice for an approach shot into the green.

Hole 1 off the tee hit a shot off the toe with a nice high draw ~189 yards into the a bunker.
Hole 2 hit the 21 out of the rough dead straight 218, ripped right thru the bermuda and it was deep. I thought this was pretty awesome.
Hole 8 ~200 yards to the pin, 21 off the tee only one out of the 4 (all singles HDCP) smacked the green with a high tall draw. See below. Some headwind on this shot.

Golf Honma.jpg

Hole 9 PAR 5 second shot was ~212 total distance on the second shot. According to my friend he was hitting it really nice off the faiway.

Side note.... he plays midsized grips with +1 wrap so the draw biased could be attributed to that.

Another hole he didn't specify hit it 218 again battled a draw all day long except for a couple of shots. See note above....

One other time used on a shorter par 4 back 9 (front) blasted is ~233. This flight pattern was a heavy draw as well. Run attributed to this distance.

Average distance for the 21 during the round was 215.

In summary ~215 no problem out of the rough no problem. He has H4 so I should be getting some of those graphics and I'll post once they arrive.

I am playing this friday and monday so I will have additional feedback from my testing efforts.

HTH

Just following up. I was able to have the Package held at a Fed Ex store at a local Walmart. Picked it up yesterday. I will be putting it into play on Sunday.

Thanks Captain Obvious :ROFLMAO:. I appreciate the helpful suggestion.

I am putting this in play right now at the range and the more I hit it, the more I really like what I am seeing. Quick initial launch climb, which is something that so many lower spin hybrids struggle with in my hands. As a steeper golfer, I tend to get lower launch and higher spin. This one is climbing quickly and I dig it. Distance is really good and overall, my miss being toe side generally speaking, has had virtually no penal loss of distance and a very nice subtle draw when I miss there, rather than the snapping hook I have seen in the past.

Back