Some great write ups. Agree with @milehighgolfer , they hide their bulk really well.

Paired with the dg95 vss, they were exactly what I needed Sunday. Things just swung themselves.

Only had them for about 4 holes because there was a line of people wanting to test them. That combination led to some real firepower- lots of height, forgiveness and distance.

Not a bad looking iron, looking forward to more feedback. I’d certainly take a look at them against the competition when I have funds to upgrade my irons.

XP-1s in their new home. Winning clubs in a winning bag! The background shows my problem now with testing. Hopefully temps rise next week. IMG_20191029_111914.jpg

Some pics vs my current Mizuno jpx900 hot metals. The bright chrome heads are the Honmas.
IMG_20191030_125117.jpg
IMG_20191030_125147.jpg
IMG_20191030_125207.jpg

MHG crushing the reviews already!!!

Finally got these on the course today with J4U Doug. Probably the last we'll see 60* until spring.
First off for a high handicap player like myself these are very playable irons. And when I hit them properly they were one club longer than my current set. The feel on a good strike is absolutely nothing. The ball just exploded off the face with a slight click sound and it's gone. With them still being short and flat for me mishits were plenty. But they are very forgiving and not harsh feeling when you miss the large sweet spot. The Dynamic Gold 95 shaft that were placed in them kept the feel soft without losing much if any on dispersion. When the Indian did his job, these arrows when straight and true. The finish on these is perfect if you enjoy a bright chrome club. Everything about these says high end iron.

This might be an absolute steal on a set that retails well over $1000. Read up on the Vizard shafts. High quality made in Japan. The lack of awareness of how good these are is astounding.

So, I had an iron fitting at Club Champion yesterday, and these were the fitter's first choice for me, paired with Steelfiber i95 shafts. I liked the look, hit them well, and am seriously considering them. My main apprehension is the price tag, with the Steelfiber shafts the best I can find is still well north of $1500 for a 4 -PW set. In my book that is pretty rich for GI Irons, especially when I can get some Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal Pros for right around $1000, and I hit them pretty well too. Heck, I could get a set of Mizuno MP-20 HMBs for less a little than the Honmas, although I didn't hit them as well.

So, any advice here? Anyone going to convince me that I can ignore the price tag, they would be worth it?

I played the Callaway CF19's for about the last year or more while experimenting with some other clubs at Golf Galaxy.

After reading a number of reviews about the quality of the Honma's and having some difficulties with my CF19 regarding consistency, I decided to order a set from Carl's Golfland. They will accept a custom order and I needed shaft and lie adjustments, plus I want Lampkin grips. They accommodated.

So I've been playing them for the last month and a half and I'm a convert. They are the best irons I have ever played with. A couple weeks ago I put the CF19's in the bag for a round just to see if what I was experiencing with the Honma's was for real. I could not believe the let down when trying to play the CF19's. Just couldn't match the distance or consistency of the Honma's.

Yes, they are game improvement and they definitely play like it, but the feel is excellent. The distance I was getting was quite surprising because I had always felt that the CF19's were the longest irons I had played, but the Honma's are at least a 1/2 club longer, and that incredible feel is worth the price.

BTW, I had a fitting last year at Club Champion in Las Vegas and they fitted me for Rogue X. While they did feel good, I didn't think they were the perfect fit for me.

Back