Honma XP-1 Lineup

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Honma introduced the XP-1 product line today, which includes driver, fairway, hybrid, and irons. Looks like some unique features that include not rotating the shaft while changing the loft/lie/face, a double slot feature, and high launching irons. To me, they are combining tech with a traditional look.

“We are thrilled to bring the many decades of club-making knowledge and shaping talent of Honma’s master craftsmen to game-improvement golfers with XP-1. This product line is incredibly beautiful and exceptionally playable and will help golfers with a wide range of skill levels enjoy the game even more,” said Honma’s Vice President of Global Product Chris McGinley.

XP-1 Driver

a64a6816ca1d6857504a8bd9b38531fa.jpg

68f18f961d48e72fa2fcff62b0c9c348.jpg

32b8daf1e5e688742d1b43a401483c8a.png

XP-1 Fairway

957c9676e48c479d0b0904a484d7d394.png

a62c949cd043de5223d7e075573e1872.jpg

fc76dfc845a06e017b491dfc555eb8c4.png

XP-1 Irons

f1f12ac6aa7c412d1b2ab90e6cad3ed1.jpg

9bae8784bcfdd77f8adf3c3758305be8.jpg

24351cbd1e38acf2253c652ae66a4d50.png

XP-1 Hybrid

97463e7ca408a283ab156e7c2e5e2cf8.png

112a584f7ca147910c1872557ee4025a.png

XP-1 is available in-store and online beginning in October. Drivers will retail for $599.99 USD, fairway woods for $299.99, hybrids for $249.99, and irons for $199.99 and $174.99 per club for graphite and steel shafts respectively. Standard iron set configuration is 5-11 for men and 6-SW for women.

Not bad looking at all! I’d give them a swing or two for sure.

They look good that’s for sure. Little curious about that adjustability on the driver and if it’s like a dual cog setup now or what not

Changing loft without rotating the shaft is pretty cool, o wonder how they achieve that. Great for people who like to tinker with it but have slight OCD so they don't see decals or misaligned grip graphics when they rotate it haha

I really like the looks of this line. I love the shape of Honma's woods. I LOVE the look of that iron though.

jeez these look fan-friggin-tastic

It's a cool looking driver! Not super flashy, which I think will be an upcoming trend with clubs. I really want to see one of these "New" companies make a club that definitively outperforms one of the established brands.

Entire line looks pretty slick!

Driver looks good, fairways though for whatever reason look a little unfinished to me, no clue why but they do.

Always love irons with tungsten.

I’d hit it. Nice looking clubs. Saw the teaser on IG last night

Driver looks good, fairways though for whatever reason look a little unfinished to me, no clue why but they do.

Always love irons with tungsten.
I've always thought of their irons as the gems of their lineup.

I think they do that clean iron look better than anyone.

The driver from the TW line a couple years back was really sneaky good too.

Looks wise I agree, in the past the feel was never what I expected which always surprised me a little.

Nice looking clubs

I'm curious about the driver adjustability as far as the listed settings. Can it be used in "tweener" settings, as in, say, between OP and FL? I don't see any marks so it doesn't look like it's possible.

The woods don't do too much for me but the irons look pretty nice. It's cool to see some good options from Honma.

I like the looks. The XP-1 name is horrible though.

That is a really nice looking lineup.

I think they do that clean iron look better than anyone.

The driver from the TW line a couple years back was really sneaky good too.

and they go to 11... I really need an 11 iron.

Really like the looks of these, I hope the irons make an Ultimate Weekend appearance.

I really dig the looks of the driver for some reason. Really like the silver/black combo. Always wanted to try a Honma driver, but I'll be honest I've never seen one at my local shop.

I have too, but the driver is interesting. Question for you and others in the thread. What do you think about their adjustability in the driver?

I have too, but the driver is interesting. Question for you and others in the thread. What do you think about their adjustability in the driver?

I think its funny that they play off of a perfectly spined shaft as a reason to not have to spin the shaft for the adjustments.

I'm curious. I'd honestly like to know a little more about exactly how it works/is implemented.

Aesthetically, I dig it.

Im hopeful to hit these soon and will have feedback then.

Back