Honma XP-1 Lineup

I have too, but the driver is interesting. Question for you and others in the thread. What do you think about their adjustability in the driver?

I want to try it, but I'm cautious as the head has built in draw bias, if you adjust it, will it always maintain the draw bias? My miss is already a bad hook off the planet, can't get much worse.

I want to try it, but I'm cautious as the head has built in draw bias, if you adjust it, will it always maintain the draw bias? My miss is already a bad hook off the planet, can't get much worse.

That would depend on how the draw bias is in place. With heavy heel weighting? Possibly.
With that said, this is why I am so much for companies having lots of options.

I have too, but the driver is interesting. Question for you and others in the thread. What do you think about their adjustability in the driver?
It's... different.

Does it move my needle? Not really. I like to set and forget.

I think its funny that they play off of a perfectly spined shaft as a reason to not have to spin the shaft for the adjustments.

Does "perfectly spined" imply that changing shafts in this driver could be difficult?

I would like to know more about it but if there was a way to adjust loft without altering face angle that would be great. I am playing a couple of the TW-747 hybrids and I like them a lot.

Does "perfectly spined" imply that changing shafts in this driver could be difficult?

I wouldn't think so. But I think they are using it as a way to play to a certain market while also kind of puffing up their chests about the shafts they are producing.

Great looking clubs. I'd swing 'em for sure.

I think its funny that they play off of a perfectly spined shaft as a reason to not have to spin the shaft for the adjustments.
I love it, we all have been told that does not matter.
Hmmm one of the biggest OEM's in the Asian market thinks it does..just tickles me

First reaction, irons look excellent. Driver looks good but confused about the adjustability. Guess we’ll learn more soon

With a release like this, question to THPers. If you go to a golf store to test clubs, will it be one of the 3-4 you grab?

With a release like this, question to THPers. If you go to a golf store to test clubs, will it be one of the 3-4 you grab?
Honma really piques my interest and yes I would want to try these or the more players like design. The woods sound very interesting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BIL in L.A. plays a set of Honma blades he was fit for and purchased in Japan. Some sweet irons. I would like to see more of the jdm products here in the states just for the variety it would offer. If there was a Honma dealer up here in the northeast close by I would go swing a few but I might have to wait until vacation time in LA this winter.

Yes but I already like and use Honma clubs so I think I would be in the minority.

I think so. I've never seen them in my store, so if they showed up I'd be really intrigued.

The adjustability isn’t a needle mover for me, but that’s largely because like Dan said I tend to be “set it and forget it”. I tend to never tinker with settings once I’m fit.

Is fitting as big an industry in Japan as it is here though? I see more shaft-head pairings in the boutique Japanese brands so if that’s the case I think this is a really smart move.

I think the driver looks like something from a low end knockoff brand, but those irons look great.

I’d probably reach for the irons among the top 4 options. Doubt I would consider the woods in all honesty

Price is pushing it but my previous experience with their irons would have me trying these. They do High end GI VERY well.

Reactions: JB
Ill be curious to hear how this one does as it hits retail soon.

Ill be curious to hear how this one does as it hits retail soon.

Last I checked the golfers warehouse by my parents carries the full Honma line including the Beres stuff. I’m looking forward to giving these a try.

I will have some better pics coming soon, but wanted to snap this one quick. Take a look at the adapter and how long it is. Have it compared to others for measurement. This is not a good or bad, just pretty interesting.

IMG_4354.jpg

I will have some better pics coming soon, but wanted to snap this one quick. Take a look at the adapter and how long it is. Have it compared to others for measurement. This is not a good or bad, just pretty interesting.

View attachment 8909050

Wow...that is a little odd looking. Like you said not good or bad....but different.

Looks like I will be getting some up close and personal time with the XP-1 Driver. I'm pretty excited about it as I've played the TW-737 driver in the past. Will certainly be interesting to see what is going on with this head. I'm going to reserve judgement on the adapter just yet. But man that photo JB posted gives me the same reaction Kevin McCallister had when finding the picture of Buzz's girlfriend. That thing looks deep. But as long as it looks clean at address, I'm cool with it.

Looks like I will be getting some up close and personal time with the XP-1 Driver. I'm pretty excited about it as I've played the TW-737 driver in the past. Will certainly be interesting to see what is going on with this head. I'm going to reserve judgement on the adapter just yet. But man that photo JB posted gives me the same reaction Kevin McCallister had when finding the picture of Buzz's girlfriend. That thing looks deep. But as long as it looks clean at address, I'm cool with it.
Let’s goooooooooooo!

As far as the driver goes, since I'm a set and forget guy adjustability doesn't move me. Irons look OK, but a large profile would not be something I would be drawn too.

Back