A hoodie..... I think not. Turn your head and lose sight.
a big pass

I used a picture from on course wearing a hoodie with my hat on backward as my avatar for a couple days, and this thread makes me wonder how many here were silently judging me for it. :unsure:

Not sure guys my age should ever been seen in a hoodie ;). I agree with those who worry about the hood being a nuisance on the swing.
I dunno, some guys who aren't so young anymore pull it off pretty well. :LOL:

hoodie.jpg

I see JT is rocking a hoodie during his round today. Is that something you’d wear. I don’t want that hood giving me anything else to worry about.
But respect other views and styles. My brother in law used to beat me like a drum wearing a pair of jorts. Blue jean shorts.
I have golf specific hoodies and I still can't do it haha

Maybe on a jacket, but outside that, I don't think it's in my repertoire.

I have golf specific hoodies and I still can't do it haha

So do you just wear those like, to get gas, so everyone at the station knows you're a golfer, that doesn't wear them to actually golf?

So do you just wear those like, to get gas, so everyone at the station knows you're a golfer, that doesn't wear them to actually golf?
haha, the best example of a transitional hoodie I have is the Puma Range Days hoodie. I wear it everywhere... yet never on course.

I see JT is rocking a hoodie during his round today. Is that something you’d wear. I don’t want that hood giving me anything else to worry about.
But respect other views and styles. My brother in law used to beat me like a drum wearing a pair of jorts. Blue jean shorts.
Hard no

I'm curious why the hoodie is popular for golf, do you wear the hood? Is it just something to get through the folder weather because long sleeve options are slimmer?

I enjoy the 1/4 zip so I rock those on chilly mornings or spring golf but I have tons of hoodies that never entered my golf apparel pondering. I have a light weight hoodie that might be good in am but once again how would I lick that over 1/4 zip.

I wouldn't, but I don't have a problem if someone else wants to. I'm not keen on having two layers on my arms, so will rock a gilet but not a sweater when golfing.

I wouldn't, but I don't have a problem if someone else wants to. I'm not keen on having two layers on my arms, so will rock a gilet but not a sweater when golfing.
I accomplished my learn something new today...gilet has been added to my vocabulary! Haha thanks!

I accomplished my learn something new today...gilet has been added to my vocabulary! Haha thanks!

Ha ha! I did think twice about writing it. :)

It's what my family have always called them. Is there another name for it?

It's only been termed a vest for me but to each their own. Could be common term across the pond.

I may have "Gooogled" Gilet - however it makes sense based where you live. I'm a sweater vest guy in the fall and in Spring, a Hoodie guy.
I like to keep the wind off my neck quickly when I can.

Last edited:

Thanks for the addition to my vocabulary also! :D I learned that a gilet is what we call a vest.

Back