I have a couple times but prefer not to. The ones I've worn have had the strings removed though, having those hanging down would be a problem for me.
Never tried it, but I'd think the strings would probably bother me too.

I wear hoodies a lot, just not on the golf course.

Some of these comments reveal the fragility of the golfers mind ?

Not while playing - too much hindrance.

No issues here as long as it looks good and doesn’t interfere with the swing.

I play a hoodie on occasion doesn't bother me.

Anyone who thinks a nice hoodie doesn’t belong on a golf course is a douche

I mean, that's a bit extreme. No real need for name calling just because someone has a different opinion.

Prefer 1/4 zip and knit cap.

I wear hoodies all the time, just not on the golf course. Hoodie has to be a full zip or I won't wear it.

Why not? It's just a golf course.
Exactly my point. Its a golf course, not a skate park. Just as you wouldnt show up to a skate park in a polo and khakis, you dont show up to a golf course wearing a hoodie. Golf is a gentleman's game and someone should dress accordingly. A gentleman does not wear a hoodie. Id even go so far as to say that no one over the age of 30 should be wearing a hoodie. I used to have a whole closet full of hoodies but when I hit age 30, I realized that it was time to grow up and upgrade my wardrobe. Hoodies are great and very comfortable but they are definetly a younger person's style.
Haha ok.

Have rocked one a couple of times. Super easy to shove in the bag in the late evening or later months here.
I understand that and I get why people like them, they just arent suitable golf course attire. Tank tops and sweatpants are comfortable and easy to shove in your bag too but those dont belong on a golf course either.
I guess that makes me a douche then. ?‍♂️ To me, hoodies just look sloppy. Theres certain types of clothing that work with certain activies and not with others. IMO, for a golf a 1/4 zip pullover is a much better option than a hoodie and it looks a lot better. Just as with many other things in golf, theres things that we just dont do. Some of these clothing dos and donts are that we wear collared shirts and we dont wear things like t-shirts, jeans, basketball shorts and hoodies.
Perhaps Im just a relic of a bygone era but I was always taught that golf is a gentleman's game and you should act, talk and dress like a gentleman when you are on a golf course. I realize that isnt so much the case anymore and its not uncommon to see all different kinds of clothes on the course but that doesnt mean its right. IMO, thats the negative aspect that Tiger has had on the game. Some of the traditions and etiquette of golf have kind of been thrown out the window these days.

I will wear hoodies. That doesn’t bother me. It just can’t be too thick or baggy. I don’t like feeling like my swing is restricted.

Exactly my point. Its a golf course, not a skate park. Just as you wouldnt show up to a skate park in a polo and khakis, you dont show up to a golf course wearing a hoodie. Golf is a gentleman's game and someone should dress accordingly. A gentleman does not wear a hoodie. Id even go so far as to say that no one over the age of 30 should be wearing a hoodie. I used to have a whole closet full of hoodies but when I hit age 30, I realized that it was time to grow up and upgrade my wardrobe. Hoodies are great and very comfortable but they are definetly a younger person's style.

I understand that and I get why people like them, they just arent suitable golf course attire. Tank tops and sweatpants are comfortable and easy to shove in your bag too but those dont belong on a golf course either.

I guess that makes me a douche then. ?‍♂️ To me, hoodies just look sloppy. Theres certain types of clothing that work with certain activies and not with others. IMO, for a golf a 1/4 zip pullover is a much better option than a hoodie and it looks a lot better. Just as with many other things in golf, theres things that we just dont do. Some of these clothing dos and donts are that we wear collared shirts and we dont wear things like t-shirts, jeans, basketball shorts and hoodies.
Perhaps Im just a relic of a bygone era but I was always taught that golf is a gentleman's game and you should act, talk and dress like a gentleman when you are on a golf course. I realize that isnt so much the case anymore and its not uncommon to see all different kinds of clothes on the course but that doesnt mean its right. IMO, thats the negative aspect that Tiger has had on the game. Some of the traditions and etiquette of golf have kind of been thrown out the window these days.

Haha wait, hoodies are only for skate parks and people under 30? No reason for me to even respond after reading that.

No issues here as long as it looks good and doesn’t interfere with the swing.

Priorities. (y)

Just as you wouldnt show up to a skate park in a polo and khakis,

I don't want to knock a leg out before you really get going, but I'm pretty sure when I lived every day at a skate park that's pretty much exactly what I wore. Think Tony Hawk even has his own line of khakis...

Last edited:
mine

Attachments

• 15818002972353758440170786689978.jpg
    15818002972353758440170786689978.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 13
When the weather is cool, I either wear a 1/4 zip or a Hoodie, depending on what I grab when I head out the door. The hood has never bothered me when swinging. If the weather dictates the use of layers, there would be no reason hoodies would not be acceptable in my mind..... but that's just me.

I don’t wear hoodies but I think I’ll buy one for my next round.

I have a couple times but prefer not to. The ones I've worn have had the strings removed though, having those hanging down would be a problem for me.
Completely agree with the strings. They’re perpetually in the way - and that’s not on the golf course, so I can only imagine how annoying they’d be during a golf swing!

I missed the memo, or I'm just a weirdo. I try not give a crap what other people wear on the course or pretty much anytime. My winter/ fall/ spring rounds are usually with whatever I have on after work. Bluejeans, hoodie, a tshirt even sometimes. :eek: I've usually got my own issues going on. I don't have time to worry if people have iron covers, a hoodie or whatever. I just enjoy playing!

I missed the memo, or I'm just a weirdo. I try not give a crap what other people wear on the course or pretty much anytime. My winter/ fall/ spring rounds are usually with whatever I have on after work. Bluejeans, hoodie, a tshirt even sometimes. :eek: I've usually got my own issues going on. I don't have time to worry if people have iron covers, a hoodie or whatever. I just enjoy playing!

I don’t know man, iron covers should be banned or at the very least should only be made in bright pink ?

I changed the oil in my car today. It was cold so I threw on a hoodie. It’s a pull over. I don’t like the zip ups. It’s not one of my better ones... I didn’t want to get oil on it. It’s got a big hole in the sleeve. After I was done, I went to the driving range. Still in that hoodie. Then to the 3 hole par 3 golf course there and played 3 holes.

I’m in South Carolina. Most people I see in my area are in pajama pants and slippers. In public. A hoodie in a golf course here is high style!:ROFLMAO:

I see JT is rocking a hoodie during his round today. Is that something you’d wear. I don’t want that hood giving me anything else to worry about.
But respect other views and styles. My brother in law used to beat me like a drum wearing a pair of jorts. Blue jean shorts.

What did he shoot in jorts?

I’m in South Carolina. Most people I see in my area are in pajama pants and slippers. In public. A hoodie in a golf course here is high style!:ROFLMAO:

Sounds like here. Formal attire = sleeves.......sometimes

Back