I couldn't but not so much the look, but because I hate anything up against my neck.

Turtlenecks have always been out. Mocks and 1/4 zips have to be very soft, barely any restriction.

Former neck injury. If I'm uncomfortable around the neck, a muscle gets irritated, then ridiculously tense. In the worst cases, it may "pop" as I call it, which causes the most sensationally explosive headache known to mankind.

Doc says I'm the rarity, tension triggering a cluster headache. He said they usually don't have triggers. Lucky me.

nope, I have one for cooler weather, but definitely not for golf

My wife doesn’t like me wearing hoodies. So I’ve got several in my closet.:ROFLMAO: 2 of them are Chaps. They look more like rugby shirts than hoodies. I’d wear those on the course... but I’d rather be in a 1/4 zip

If I find a lighter, non bulky one I think I could rock it on the course. It's a different look and sometimes I like different.

I would not wear a hoodie while golfing.. The hat part would be too distracting

What did he shoot in jorts?
He consistently shot in the mid 70’s. He passed a few years ago. Didn’t get serious about golf until his kids were out of high school.

Honestly had no idea there were such a thing as golf hoodies. I’d definitely rock one

Not for me but it’s a comfort thing. If others want to wear one I see no problem.

Not for me but it’s a comfort thing. If others want to wear one I see no problem.
For me it depends on the course. On some of the private courses I've been fortunate to play a hoodie would not be allowed and would be out of place. At the local munis that I primarily play they would be perfectly fine.

Matt Every has been playing in a Linksoul one I am quite fond of.

Froze my hoodieless head off this afternoon. I'm saying all hoodie from here until the first day of spring, or my club opens.

There's a geographical trend in here that implies necessity drives opinion on this idea.

I love hoodies. Have some really nice ones and others I wear to the gym everyday.... Swinging with a hoodie I cant stand!. I dont like feeling the hood move behind me, and on the downswing the hood shifts right into my view

Hoodies are required attire in the Pacific NW and it doesn't matter if your 8 or 80. I am sort of kidding but it's mostly true. I don't usually wear a hoodie while playing but it would not bother me if someone else does.

I can't believe the comment about Tiger's negative affect on golf. :banghead:

I think I've convinced myself that I need a golf hoodie. Time to find a deal.

Not sure guys my age should ever been seen in a hoodie ;). I agree with those who worry about the hood being a nuisance on the swing.

nah, go ahead on if ya want, but I'm good with a mock turtle and stocking cap for conditions that warrant an extra layer.

I couldn't wear a hoodie playing golf, it would get in my way. I wear one a lot when fishing in the cold though.

In the cold months up here a nice hoodie is better than wearing multiple layers. The hood does not bother me one bit during my swing. Sometimes you just need to be mentally tougher.

Hoodies are right up there with guys wearing their caps backwards on the course.

I have been wearing polo, 1/4 zip, vest and winter hat. I like the layering in case that golden thing in the sky decides to make an appearance or a few drops of H2O are found during my round.

I have a linksoul one I like wearing now, but not on too windy days, the hood seems to get in the way then!

Back