Hoodie or Nah?

• Hoodie

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • You kidding me, take your hoodie back to the Skate Park

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters

Golf Ghost

Reaction score
Saw a poll online asking people's opinions of hoodies on the golf course. Poll was about 55% for and 45% against.

What's your thoughts of hoodies on the course and your reasoning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's an after work quick 9 with my kid, then yes. If it's something I planned ahead for then no. A hood tends to mess with me and gets in the way at times.

I've got no problem with it.

I also coach HS kids though.

I am far from the fashion police. As long as you are following the courses dress code and are comfortable, what someone wears has no effect on me. I probably wouldn't wear one just because I wouldn't want that extra material behind my head.

i think i'm finally coming around to not caring what people wear on the course. as long as they can keep pace and show proper etiquette in other areas, what they wear is their prerogative.

I prefer to not have the hood get in the way of anything, so I won't wear them unless it's a thin rain jacket hood so it's much lighter and thinner. Have no problem with others wearing them though.

I am fine with it but don't really like wearing one myself. The hood flopping around during my swing bugs me.

i don't know that i've ever seen it but maybe i have and just didn't notice (or care). it doesn't bother me at all, 'specially in the early/late parts of the season when it's chilly to say the least.

i think i'm finally coming around to not caring what people wear on the course. as long as they can keep pace and show proper etiquette in other areas, what they wear is their prerogative.

I'm firmly in this camp.

Saw a poll online asking people's opinions of hoodies on the golf course. Poll was about 55% for and 45% against.

What's your thoughts of hoodies on the course and your reasoning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casual, more practice round at a muni, sure I rock them.

Definitely at the range.

Hoodies don't bother me at all.

Hoodies are fine by me. Sometimes it gets cold. The hood is helpful. I have a Patagonia fleece hoodie that I sometimes wear golfing. My raincoat also has a hood. I would never wear a hoodie as a fashion item, but I also don't wear bow ties. Nothing wrong with a little fashion diversity as long as it is tasteful.

Added a poll now that I'm back on desktop.

I still have some things I don't want to see on the course but I'm less of a harda** about than I was. Thanks THP!

But, to the OP, I wouldn't wear one but, if it isn't vulgar or whatnot, I'm more or less okay with it.

If they can play golf who cares what someone wears. I wouldn’t wear one but I really don’t care as it might be a person that encourages others to play and keeps the sport moving forward.

Don't care. Most of my rounds are at a muni so anything goes there. As long as you in line with that the course expects you to wear, that's all that matters.

I still have some things I don't want to see on the course but I'm less of a harda** about than I was. Thanks THP!

But, to the OP, I wouldn't wear one but, if it isn't vulgar or whatnot, I'm more or less okay with it.

if a guy shows up with a sleeveless undershirt, jorts and flip flops, but plays quickly, repairs his divots and keeps quiet, how does that affect me at all?

I wouldn't bother me but the only hoods I've seen on the course have been on rain jackets in heavy rain.

I dont care for them, but it doesnt bother me if someone wears one. I have no problem staying in my lane, just like I wish everyone would stay in theirs. And like others have said if the person, keeps with the pace and proper etiquette I have no problem., I look at it as another golfer on the course is always a good thing. I remember when I first started to play many moons ago. I wore denim and a collard shirt. If I had to go out an buy an all new wardrobe I probably wouldnt of kept playing. I think the etiquette part is good, but sometime I believe some of the rules push more away from the game than attract new players. We should all be out their promoting the game instead of trying to restrict it because someine just starting out may be wearing a hoodie. Just my .02

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I love hoodies, however I would never wear one to a golf course. If the course doesn't care then I guess it's fine if someone else does...at least as long as you're not also pairing it with jeans. :)

If it's cold, yes I could wear one. Although, I have warm wear without the need to use a hoodie.

if a guy shows up with a sleeveless undershirt, jorts and flip flops, but plays quickly, repairs his divots and keeps quiet, how does that affect me at all?

It doesn't. Are you advocating for anything goes?

Would you say the same thing about your doctor in that outfit? :devilish:

Last edited:
Don't care. Most of my rounds are at a muni so anything goes there. As long as you in line with that the course expects you to wear, that's all that matters.

No shirts, no shoes, no dice!

Back