Hosel adjustments - work best for those who ground their clubs or those who don't?

Daddio

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've heard rumblings that grounding your club at address (or not) can impact how effective changes to the loft sleeve are but I don't know which way supposedly works best. Both for launch and for left/right change. Thanks.

Last edited:
Don't really understand this. A hosel adjustment is going to impact the loft or lie according to the adjustment in comparison to standard for a person that hovers or grounds. A person that typically grounds the club in a certain setting may manipulate the clubhead to a different loft or lie if they hover the club in the same setting due to it being a different way of addressing the ball than they normally do.

Thanks Sox Fan. That's where I'm at too, not really understanding how or why it would make a difference one way or the other. But I vaguely remembered there was some discussion in here that it supposedly did and I was just hoping to nail it down for my own curiosity, if true. Sounds like there's nothing to it.

I don't get this either - maybe soling it adds tension or whatnot but don't get hose adjustment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hosel adjustments and the sole are 2 different things

when you loft up (close the face), and then ground the club, on most drivers/woods this will maintain the closed face, therefore no dynamic loft difference UNLESS you resquare the clubface

Ultimately it only depends what the face does at impact. If you close the face on the hosel, address the ball with face closed, but then square it up at impact you will have added loft to your shot.

hosel adjustments and the sole are 2 different things

when you loft up (close the face), and then ground the club, on most drivers/woods this will maintain the closed face, therefore no dynamic loft difference UNLESS you resquare the clubface

Ultimately it only depends what the face does at impact. If you close the face on the hosel, address the ball with face closed, but then square it up at impact you will have added loft to your shot.

OK this really helps clear it up for me. Grounding the club (or not) is NOT what affects the changes we observe. Hitting the ball square faced after first closing or opening the face with the loft sleeve is why we see actual changes in launch and spin. Much appreciated guys.

Back