Best hot chocolate I ever had was Max Brenner's Italian thick hot chocolate in NYC. Totally took me by surprise. Was with my wife and a few friends walking through Bryant Park a few winters ago and they had a stand there selling hot chocolate was wondering why the stuff was so expensive. Like drinking super high quality liquid chocolate...amazing stuff.
Also, the stuff sold by Williams Sonoma is pretty good...although it's basically just high quality shredded dark or mild chocolate(salted caramel option as well) that you mix into scalded milk.

Probably not going to be awesome but I just realized that I can heat my Chocolate protein and drink it like Hot Chocolate without losing of the protein. Trying it later.

Another tip from an Irishman who may drink too much: if you are looking for a plain Irish cream whiskey there are better options that are cheaper. Carolan's Irish cream is better and cheaper imho. If you want the flavored Irish cream whiskeys then Baileys has little competition.

I'm about ready to run to Starbucks for a cup, the temp is dropping quite a bit. Maybe add some peppermint.

Wife loves her white hot chocolate, always with whipped cream. Not much for hot chocolate personally.

I haven’t had any in a while but regular boxed hot chocolate and marshmallows did the trick. My kids love it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually have a cup after shoveling, sledding, or playing outside on the snow with the kiddos.

I don’t mind a cup every so often. Maybe 2 or 3 a year, usually around the coldest months of the year.

Rum in hot chocolate?

Baileys maybe.
Rum adds a real nice flavour!

I used to make it from scratch when the kids were little, mostly the Wife and i have hot tea in the evening

Add peppermint schnapps

Not a huge fan of hot chocolate, but everyone else in the house does.

I like mine without any of the extras. Just a straight up hot chocolate.

My wife does hot chocolate quite a bit during the colder months, so really most of the time here in Ohio. I like mine made with milk and mixed 50/50 with coffee.

How do you hot chocolate?

in the colder months the wife and I like to enjoy hot chocolate post dinner and as a dessert treat.

We mix it up, different flavors and additives ie mint/hazelnut/caramel etc. peppermint flakes/whipped cream/marshmallows etc.

How do you like your Hot chocolate?

View attachment 8921842
Looks fantastic, I will be right over. :p

Bumping this backup as it’s coldish inlaws are on the zoom and it’s a vehicle to add baileys too.

What are THPers doing for the hot chocolate fix?

I actually just like nestle quick with a bunch of mini marshmallows...now I have to make some

Bumping this backup as it’s coldish inlaws are on the zoom and it’s a vehicle to add baileys too.

What are THPers doing for the hot chocolate fix?

Godiva: Dark Chocolate or the Chocolate Peppermint.

Made some from scratch the other day. I was impressed with the results!

How do you hot chocolate?

in the colder months the wife and I like to enjoy hot chocolate post dinner and as a dessert treat.

We mix it up, different flavors and additives ie mint/hazelnut/caramel etc. peppermint flakes/whipped cream/marshmallows etc.

How do you like your Hot chocolate?

View attachment 8921842
Love this stuff. It’s not an any time hot chocolate and it is a bitpricey but worth it.. just don’t give it to kids..haha

image.jpgimage.jpg

Bigger marshmallows and whipped cream are the winners for me. We only have small ones right now though but that isn’t going to stop me from making some right now because of this thread!

82C5CB18-DD81-4AA5-A677-6753EC5744FF.jpeg
glad this thread was bumped!

Back