well.. other than lots of money, a really good golf swing, a major, 195 mile per hour ball speed, goofy hats, sponsorship by cobra, enormous girth, and single length irons..

Other than that we are exactly... no, we have nothing in common other than we both like golf. Haha.

well.. other than lots of money, a really good golf swing, a major, 195 mile per hour ball speed, goofy hats, sponsorship by cobra, enormous girth, and single length irons..

Other than that we are exactly... no, we have nothing in common other than we both like golf. Haha.

Sounds like you should put in for the MC ;)

Having to cut chocolate out of my diet completely unfortunately! So, not sure what I will do for a hot beverage. I’m not a coffee fan either.

Sounds like you should put in for the MC ;)

i for sure did/will.. But I think my attempt at humor missed as wide right as a Phil drive..

Love it! If I’m making it at home, this is it:

Rich and Creamy Homemade Hot Chocolate

A rich & creamy homemade hot chocolate ready in under 10 minutes! Made with real chocolate - semisweet & bittersweet chocolate, cocoa powder & vanilla. This is the best homemade hot chocolate recipe!

Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time4 mins

Course: Dessert, Drinks
Cuisine: American

Servings: 4

Calories: 374kcal

Ingredients
  • 3 ½ cups whole milk
  • ½ cup heavy cream
  • 4 oz bar of bittersweet chocolate* chopped, slightly under 1 cup
  • 4 oz bar of semisweet chocolate* chopped, slightly under 1 cup
  • 2 Tablespoons dutch processed cocoa powder*
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 Tablespoon sugar optional, depending on taste
Toppings:
  • marshmallows
  • whipped cream
  • chocolate syrup
Optional Spices:
  • pinch of cinnamon
  • pinch of instant espresso powder
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • pinch of cayenne pepper
Instructions
  • Add the cornstarch to the milk and whisk it together until there are no more lumps. Next add the milk, heavy cream, and cocoa powder to a pot heated over medium low heat. Stir constantly so a skin doesn't form on top of the milk. You can add in any additional spices at this time.
  • Once you start to see steam rising and little bubbles forming on the sides of the pot, remove the pot from the heat. Do not let this boil as the milk will curdle and the hot chocolate will get grainy. Add the chopped chocolate and vanilla to the pot and stir constantly until the chocolate completely melts through. It will look grainy in the beginning but it will become smooth and silky. Add sugar to taste. You may not need additional sugar.
  • Serve immediately and add your toppings.
Notes
Substitutions:

• You can substitute chocolate chips instead of chocolate bars. A 4oz bar of chocolate is a little under 1 cup so you can substitute that same amount of chocolate chips.

• If using milk chocolate or white chocolate, I recommend reducing or omitting the sugar as those chocolates have more sugar than dark chocolate. Add according to taste.

• Dutch processed cocoa powder is alkalized to remove the natural acidity of regular cocoa powder. Dutch process cocoa powder gives this a smoother finish and more mild chocolate taste. Regular cocoa powder can certainly be used as well.
Storage & Leftovers:

• Hot chocolate can be made in a day in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge.

• To reheat, place it on the stovetop over low heat and stir it constantly until it's warmed through. This is to ensure it doesn't form a skin on top which would add graininess to the hot chocolate.

• Be careful not to boil the hot chocolate as it can end up curdling the milk.

A rich & creamy homemade hot chocolate ready in under 10 minutes! Made with real chocolate - semisweet & bittersweet chocolate, cocoa powder & vanilla. This is the best homemade hot chocolate recipe!

Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time4 mins

Ingredients
  • 3 ½ cups whole milk
  • ½ cup heavy cream
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Toppings:
  • marshmallows
  • whipped cream
  • chocolate syrup
Optional Spices:
  • pinch of cinnamon
  • pinch of nutmeg
Instructions
  • Add the cornstarch to the milk and whisk it together until there are no more lumps. Next add the milk, heavy cream, and cocoa powder to a pot heated over medium low heat. Stir constantly so a skin doesn't form on top of the milk. You can add in any additional spices at this time.
  • Once you start to see steam rising and little bubbles forming on the sides of the pot, remove the pot from the heat. Do not let this boil as the milk will curdle and the hot chocolate will get grainy. Add the chopped chocolate and vanilla to the pot and stir constantly until the chocolate completely melts through. It will look grainy in the beginning but it will become smooth and silky. Add sugar to taste. You may not need additional sugar.
Notes
Substitutions:

• You can substitute chocolate chips instead of chocolate bars. A 4oz bar of chocolate is a little under 1 cup so you can substitute that same amount of chocolate chips.

• If using milk chocolate or white chocolate, I recommend reducing or omitting the sugar as those chocolates have more sugar than dark chocolate. Add according to taste.

• Dutch processed cocoa powder is alkalized to remove the natural acidity of regular cocoa powder. Dutch process cocoa powder gives this a smoother finish and more mild chocolate taste. Regular cocoa powder can certainly be used as well.
Storage & Leftovers:

• Hot chocolate can be made in a day in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge.

• To reheat, place it on the stovetop over low heat and stir it constantly until it's warmed through. This is to ensure it doesn't form a skin on top which would add graininess to the hot chocolate.

That is quite the comprehensive recipe my dude, especially the storage and leftovers

we’re going to have to try them

That is quite the comprehensive recipe my dude, especially the storage and leftovers

we’re going to have to try them
There’s never any leftovers.

I haven't tried it, but my step son puts half and half in his. Oh and a fireball. Not sure where he picked that up from.

Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time4 mins

Ingredients
  • 3 ½ cups whole milk
  • ½ cup heavy cream
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Toppings:
  • marshmallows
  • whipped cream
  • chocolate syrup
Optional Spices:
  • pinch of cinnamon
  • pinch of nutmeg
Instructions
Notes
Substitutions:

Storage & Leftovers:

For sure going to make this.. love homemade stuff and it wins big brownie points with people.

I haven't tried it, but my step son puts half and half in his. Oh and a fireball. Not sure where he picked that up from.
In the above recipe, I use half and half instead of whole milk and mix it 50/50 with the heavy cream. The chocolate needs that.

And, I’ll throw in another little secret. A pinch of good sea salt really punches up this recipe.

Peppermint schnapps in hot chocolate is fantastic!

I don't dislike it. I actually like it quite a bit. But any appropriate occasion I am just drinking coffee. If it is night I will just get a decaf if I am worried about sleep.

Back