Hotel Brand of Choice

Which program did you switch to again?

The old program was definitely better but we’re still doing decently with rewards and the little things at check in are good. Plus we’ll still get free breakfast when they change everything on Tuesday

Don’t do AA. Prefer Jetblue/Delta/Southwest for flying ??‍♂️

Back to Hilton. Been Diamond with them for about a decade.

Use Hilton for work travel, Looking to use Hyatt for our vacation travel. Had an “issue” with Marriott last year that will make me not want to patronize them for about a decade.

Yes. Marriott. Always have been. I do occasionally stay at Hilton brands if it’s a necessity but I prefer Marriott properties above the Courtyard brand. (Aka: Marriott, AC Hotels, Delta Hotels, Autograph Collection, Renaissance , JW, Ritz, etc)

I just feel their rewards program is organized better and they are all very consistent from one brand to the next.

I've always preferred Hilton, but I have found I really like the Hyatt on Lake Washington up here.

Marriott here. Hit Ambassador status a little while back and have Titanium Elite for life. It's not a bad way to be.... Well until I get that personal invite from the CEO to Cobalt status.

I’m a Marriott guy and have the Bonvoy card for points

Whatever the Priceline Express Deal gives me.

Best Western. They are clean, reasonably priced and get the job done.

I'll say though the Hilton I stayed at a few months ago had the best free hotel breakfast I've ever had. I was pretty impressed.

Hilton or Marriott, both been good for me.

Marriot for work, Other than that, depends on where i am going as I have points at Hilton, Marriot both

It is silly, but I stay at LaQuinta whenever we hit the USA. Mind you it is generally only Minnesota or North Dakota.

Didn't go great last vacation when our LaQuinta had re-branded to a different chain.... boooooo.

Don't judge. I just have cheap tastes..... and haven't stayed anywhere nicer lol.
Nothing to judge there dude. I’ve got simple tastes when it comes to hotels as well, we never had anything much nicer than a motel 6 growing up financially so nowadays I find I can stay almost anywhere if I need to.

I'm a Hilton Diamond member so try stay at Embassy Suites and Hilton Garden Inn, as I really like the free omelettes at both,

little known use is the free hour at Minute Suites is fantastic and use it 10 times or so a year.

JB, I'm curious, what is the Minute Suites deal?

We’re a Hilton fam. Between our travel and cross-earning, it’s been easy to maintain diamond status.

I'm a Hilton Diamond member so try stay at Embassy Suites and Hilton Garden Inn, as I really like the free omelettes at both,

JB, I'm curious, what is the Minute Suites deal?

first hour free at Minute Suites in the airport if you have the Amex Card. You get Priority Pass included and show your card. Then a bit over $28 for each additional hour, which is discounted as well. Huge deal for long layovers, delayed flights, etc.

I have always had great stays with Comfort Suites. Also, Home 2 Suites by Hilton.

+1. Have found comfort suites to be clean, reasonably prices, room to lounge and yes, free breakfast. In my business days it was mostly Hilton family hotels. In my retirement, I am bit more cost conscious I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m back to Hilton. I tried Hyatt for a while when the Hilton hotels started to feel very in need of updates. But since Hyatt changed its program and Hilton owners started once again investing money in their properties, I’m back with Hilton.

Marriott for me. When traveling in Canada personally we generally try and stay at Deltas, then for work it's generally a Marriott or Westin depending how on the city/town.

Depends on the reason for travel. If I'm traveling for work, I'll stay at whatever has the highest rating vs cost, trying to save the company a little money. I'll generally shoot for a Days Inn or equivalent. For personal travel, The Wife and I have gotten very attached to the Marriott Residence Inns and Suites. The 2-bedroom suite we stayed at in Flagstaff years ago was like a really nice 2-bedroom condo. We've been hooked ever since. I used to stay in some real holes when I traveled for music (stayed once in a motel with a small tree growing between the tiles in the shower). As long as it had a bed and a shower, I was fine. As I've aged, though, I've gotten accustomed to better places.

I'll do either Marriott or Hilton. I'm a rewards member with both and it just kind of depends on what is offered in the town I'm staying in for work. Not a ton of options unfortunately in some areas.

The wife and I both travel and her companies likes Hilton so we try to both use them. I like Marriotts too.

Personal travel I'll probably lean towards Marriott, but for work (I'm cheap and would rather use the money for other stuff) I do a lot of Wyndham, Choice, or Red Roof. Although, I'm 99% sure I saw a cockroach in the Red Roof in Columbus earlier this month and I won't stay there again. Freaked me right out. As long as it's clean and has decent wifi I'm game wherever for work since I won't spend much time in the room.

Back to Hilton. Been Diamond with them for about a decade.
I don't think I've ever stayed in a Hilton. But another Marriott top tier friend of mine told me that Hilton will status match Marriott. Do you know anything about this? Does it work both ways?

I don't think I've ever stayed in a Hilton. But another Marriott top tier friend of mine told me that Hilton will status match Marriott. Do you know anything about this? Does it work both ways?

You've never stayed at a Hilton property? That's crazy, I assumed all world travelers have at least stayed once or twice in other brands.
Yes all of them status match each other. I get offered top tier at Marriott every single year for the last decade.
Did it one year, went right back to Hyatt. Its better now with Westin hotels, otherwise, no chance I can go that route as the redemptions don't match up anywhere near.

Back