Hotel Brand of Choice

Are you a loyalty person with hotels? Or do you have a brand or chain of choice? What is it and why?

We bought into Wyndham in 2012. If we're not staying in one of their resorts, we try to stay in one of their 20ish hotels they own.

I was a Hilton Honors member when I was traveling a lot for work. I found that where ever I was headed there was something under the Hilton umbrella in the area.

You've never stayed at a Hilton property? That's crazy, I assumed all world travelers have at least stayed once or twice in other brands.
Yes all of them status match each other. I get offered top tier at Marriott every single year for the last decade.
Did it one year, went right back to Hyatt. Its better now with Westin hotels, otherwise, no chance I can go that route as the redemptions don't match up anywhere near.
I honestly don't think I have. :ROFLMAO:

I was Platinum with SPG, and my wife was Platinum with Marriott - when they merged (and created new statuses) it felt like we were pretty much set. If I am ever somewhere where these isn't a Marriott family hotel, I like to go boutique and try out the local flavor (but with the size of Marriott, it's not often)

I honestly don't think I have. :ROFLMAO:

I was Platinum with SPG, and my wife was Platinum with Marriott - when they merged (and created new statuses) it felt like we were pretty much set. If I am ever somewhere where these isn't a Marriott family hotel, I like to go boutique and try out the local flavor (but with the size of Marriott, it's not often)

Thats crazy. Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Embassy Suites, Double Tree, Hilton, etc etc.

The only loyalty programs I have are for Caesars Rewards and M Life (MGM.) Vegas comps baybee. :D

I don't travel enough to worry about where I stay for the most part. I think I'm still signed up for Hilton Honors, but I haven't used it in years.

Oh, I have stayed in an Embassy Suites, but long before they were owned by Hilton.

Gotcha. That was 20 years ago this month I believe. I know it was late 1999.

The only loyalty programs I have are for Caesars Rewards and M Life (MGM.) Vegas comps baybee. :D

I don't travel enough to worry about where I stay for the most part. I think I'm still signed up for Hilton Honors, but I haven't used it in years.
I'm a big fan of the MGM family. Though the Cosmopolitan is a Marriott hotel, and it's pretty spectacular.

My current and previous jobs have both been Hilton preferred so I try to hoard my points there. Marriott is generally my backup if I can't get a Hilton spot. Lots of Hamptons and Hilton Garden on business but I go DoubleTree or Embassy suites when I can get it.

But my one complaint with Hilton is their pillows suck. Mattresses are fine, but the pillows suck. If I'm in a double queen by myself on business I'll rotate all 8 of them because they compress too much, too fast.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Are you a loyalty person with hotels? Or do you have a brand or chain of choice? What is it and why?
I'm a Hampton Inn guy. Love them for their consistency.

Embassy Suites! they have 2 hours managers happy hour during the week from 5-7

Whichever one has the right price with the right reviews for me.

My family travels for dance and other activities quite a bit and we are Hilton people. They seem to have a good mix of budget, mid-level and higher-end properties in their portfolio for most places we go. But when the wife and I travel for a quick vacation without the kids, we try to stay at small or independent places, which is getting more and more difficult.

Nothing to judge there dude. I’ve got simple tastes when it comes to hotels as well, we never had anything much nicer than a motel 6 growing up financially so nowadays I find I can stay almost anywhere if I need to.

That's kind of funny since growing up we always stayed at Motel 6. One trip, my brother and I thought we were living high on the hog when we got to stay at a Super 8. You know, cause 8 has to be better than 6!

I will agree with many. I prefer the Hilton or Marriot.

I usally stay at one of the Hilton properties. Their HHonors Program works well with my travels.

Next week marks my return to Hyatt and I am looking forward to it.

Next week marks my return to Hyatt and I am looking forward to it.
I’ve gone back to Hilton because so many where I stay have finally gone through a major renovation. The Hyatt’s on the other hand have been a little long on the tooth.

Unfortunately a lot of these older ones are just so dated that even a cosmetic facelift doesn’t fix the size of room and amenities.

hotels.com for me...….sometimes all I want is a cheap bed, sometimes 5 star...all available at best rates.

I am a hilton hoe

Hilton, marriott and Sonesta

Titanium elite with Marriott so tend to lean in that direction. .mostly Courtyards for work travel

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

We Marriot

WIth lifetime top tier status at Marriott, I am becoming a bit curious about other brands. @JB likes Hyatt, and I'm not against it (just not sure they operate in a lot of the places I stay.)

Who else has high praise for a brand that operates 4 - 6 star hotels? What should I check out?

Marriott and typically a Courtyard. Unfortunately about 40-60nights a year.

Back