Hotel Brand of Choice

It is silly, but I stay at LaQuinta whenever we hit the USA. Mind you it is generally only Minnesota or North Dakota.

Didn't go great last vacation when our LaQuinta had re-branded to a different chain.... boooooo.

Don't judge. I just have cheap tastes..... and haven't stayed anywhere nicer lol.

I’ve pretty much converted over to exclusively Marriot, since I travel frequently for work. But, when I was road tripping on the motorcycle and paying for rooms on my own dime, La Quinta was usually my first choice. They were always one of the cheaper options, but seemed cleaner and nicer than all the other budget options.

Hilton typically, as my wife has a ton of points with them.
Domestically I do not have any particular one I prefer, but it usually ends up a Hilton or Marriott brand. Internationally I’ve grown fond of Shangri-La’s, after staying in them for work trips the last few years.

Hilton guy here...I’ve been Diamond going on 10 years now. I think I’m grandfathered I’m so now can start working on Marriott.

Hilton brand of hotels, generally stay at the Hilton Garden inns

I typically use Hyatt and Marriott. With my Chase UR points, they can be a really good value transferring them to Hyatt.

When I travel with the wife and kids we typically do Embassey Suites, managers reception, breakfast and two room rooms help!

We try and stay at Marriott’s when ever possible. They are usually in a great location and always have clean rooms along with friendly staff.

With the family we typically go Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn.
The grown up trips we try and do something a little nicer. Hyatt or Marriott.

Whatever is closest to what I want to do, although I like the cookies at doubletree

Most of the time when we travel we try to find a La Quinta. Have had really good luck with them. Like their points system and they always have a great complimentary breakfast!

La Quinta is Spanish for “next to shoney’s“ and I spent enough time in them in the Air Force. I prefer to stay in Hilton’s, Hyatt’s, Embassy Suites, and other 5 star hotels. If I can’t be at home using my own shower and sleeping in my own bed I prefer it be one of those... or any other really nice hotels

Marriott if I’m with the family...whatever’s cheapest when by myself

Hilton points and hotels are nice. Usually stay nearest place I can, have both Marriot and Hilton, neither with meaningful points as travel has been reduced.

No real brand loyalty with hotels. I do prefer to stay at smaller family run places when given a chance though.

Stayed at a really nice Hampton Friday night and a Hyatt last night. Both will get my business again. I’m fortunate for work travel I can stay wherever I want within cost parameters. Mostly bigger cities so all the super chains are available.

I don’t travel enough to have a brand. I usually go on Priceline and find a highly rated option and go with that.

Travel a lot for business in the Midwest and IHG is most consistent for finding decent facilities at good value. Staybridge & the recent HI Express are really good. Hilton is my back- up but more inconsistent with price/value.

Have 1.6million IHG points and 500k with Hilton. Always joke that if my wife kicked me out I would at least have 3-4 months to figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been to eight different Las Vegas hotels because my wife wanted to try different ones.

When I still worked and had to travel, the reservations were made for me so I had no input there.

In Manhattan, I've never stayed at the same hotel twice.
Those are usually last minute trips when we happen across theater or sports tickets, so we take what's both convenient and immediately available.

When we went to London to visit our daughter while she was in college, our daughter made the reservations for us.

I don't take golf vacations, so some other holidays were cruises where the ship was our hotel.

And now, we're older and don't travel as much.

So I guess the answer is that I'm not very loyal as a hotel customer.

I got Marriott......my work’s hotel of choice......oh mine too.

Marriott

Stayed at a Hampton inn last weekend and was pleasantly surprised. It may have been recently renovated though So not a representative sample of the whole portfolio. The Hyatt House i stayed at across from Universal was really nice. I would go back there for sure.

When I was business traveler, I was a Marriott guy. Hyatt was my second choice if no Marriott were available.

Back