Hotels and Club Storage

Cruskater

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA Sucks
Hey Guys and Gals,

I have a rather odd question that I never considered in my time traveling around on golf vacations. Where do you keep your clubs on vacation? I have a SunMountain Club Glider with the 4 wheels that is awesome for transport. When I go to a golf resort like Kiawah, I take advantage of the course's bag storage. When we play multiple courses, I have done one of two things...In Charleston, we stayed at a hotel with a seemingly secure garage and so we kept our clubs in the back of the car (although I did put the privacy screen down in the back of the suv). On a few trips to Florida, I kept the clubs in the hotel room.

We are heading to the Cosmo in Vegas in June, wondering if we would be better keeping them in the car or in the hotel room? Or another option.

I think at most THP Experiences, the participants bring them to their hotel rooms.
Me, I keep them in the rental car if I have one or leave them with course if they have storage.
If I have equipment that has not been released yet, I keep them in the hotel room.

Hey Guys and Gals,

I have a rather odd question that I never considered in my time traveling around on golf vacations. Where do you keep your clubs on vacation? I have a SunMountain Club Glider with the 4 wheels that is awesome for transport. When I go to a golf resort like Kiawah, I take advantage of the course's bag storage. When we play multiple courses, I have done one of two things...In Charleston, we stayed at a hotel with a seemingly secure garage and so we kept our clubs in the back of the car (although I did put the privacy screen down in the back of the suv). On a few trips to Florida, I kept the clubs in the hotel room.

We are heading to the Cosmo in Vegas in June, wondering if we would be better keeping them in the car or in the hotel room? Or another option.

I just keep them in the hotel room. Never had an issue

I always bring them up to the room. That way I know they are secure.

Always to the room. You just have to remember to put the balls back in the bag when you are putting/chipping on the carpet.

Like others I bring them to the room. I have also left them in the car before. Occasionally at THP experiences if we are playing the same course twice the course offers to keep them there and I’ve done that once or twice as well. Typically I’d rather have them with me

Thanks guys. Just wasn't sure about hotel staff. I suppose that's probably better than leaving them in the car or with the valet (I have nightmares of the valet going all Ferris Bueller with my clubs haha) while I'm out.

Do any of you guys bring tech with you (range finders, mlm's, etc)?

Pretty much hotel room, even on Cruise ship, i keep it in the room

Until they can steal a hotel room, I will keep everything in the room.

I always have the bellboy bring them to the room for me, and I'll carry them down when needed. I do keep things at the bell desk, but rarely my golf clubs. It's not a security thing for me, but rather a convenience thing - if the bell desk is busy, I don't want to have to wait.

@Cruskater I stay at the Cosmopolitan every time I go to Vegas, and their bell service is very good. Just make sure you get ticket. If you are Platinum status or higher, the private check in room will take care of everything for you.

Hotel or vrbo for me. Don't leave in the car if I can help it.

Was in Northern Ireland once at the Slieve Donard next to Royal County Down. Very upscale place. Pulled in and we all took our clubs to our rooms. Parked next to two guys who arrived same time as us and they didn't, left them in rental car. Next day we went off to play and noticed the car next to us with a bashed out window. Two bags of clubs gone. So I have always lugged my clubs to my room.

I will usually keep them stored in my room or the rental car in between rounds.

Although that one time at PGA National it was hilarious giving the cart guys ourforum names during the THP Experience!!! @BigDill @GraniteRoost @djt311 @Parrot @PowerThrust 😂😂😂

If the course offers club storage (for a trip with multiple rounds), I'll take advantage of it. If the clubs stay with me, they're coming up to the room. I don't leave anything of value in the car.

I have both brought my clubs to the room and left them in the car. I don’t recall leaving them at the club storage.

When traveling, I take both my golf bag, trolley to the room with me. I never take a chance.

Carpet putting/chipping is always a big part of any golf road trip.

And then there's those soft rubber/foam, fake golf balls that allow for full swings....lol

Everything is going to my room. Wouldn't leave it in a rental car, especially in Vegas heat.

Not specific to golf clubs, but I never leave anything of significant value in the vehicle. Why make things easier for a potential thief?

Back