How about.... complimentary club cleaning at the end of your round

Complimentary Club Cleaning After Your Round

• Yay

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • Nay

Votes: 55 66.3%

• Total voters
We don't get this at the course I normally play, however there are a few neighboring courses that I've played where this happens. I try to get to my bag before the "cleaners" do. If they did a good job I wouldn't mind tipping them, but they usually just make a show of passing a dirty rag over the tops of the irons, and that's it. However I always end up giving them a couple of dollars.
Exactly this, most club "cleanings" I've encountered after rounds are nothing more than the "show of passing a dirty rag over the tops of the irons", when it isn't even asked for.
Don't get me started on the bag attendants who don't take the extra 10 seconds to run the strap THROUGH the strap tunnels/loops and actually secure the bag as it was designed. The same guy who does this also doesn't take the time to not strap your towels under the strap. No thanks, I'll just do it myself, because I'm going to have to fix it anyway.

Local private club always has a group of 2-3 people who offer to clean clubs. I play there regularly but am not a member. Just paying for rounds is a wallet hurt for me. If I had more resources, I would have my clubs cleaned now and then with a nice tip.

I don't mind it once in awhile and will tip for it but I don't think I'd want to be handing out tips after every round. That could add up quick. It's kind of cool though when I do go play a club that offers it.

I mentioned earlier in here that they do it at one local course while you're @100 yards away across a pond finishing up on 18. You don't even see them when you park the cart to walk across the bridge or while you're putting etc... But the obligation to tip isn't what bugs me, I expect to tip for services and tip well. What really gets me is that without being super anal I'm still particular about how I treat my own clubs. I don't immerse the heads in a bucket for instance because why risk hosel or adaptor corrosion. Don't know if they actually do this, but I've seen the bucket of dingy water they carry on their 'cleaning cart, along with some sort of hand crank cleaning contraption bolted to the cart. Who knows how much grit is on those brushes from earlier in the day, week, month? Again, don't know if they actually use it but it bugs me. It'd be 100% different if I had the opportunity to specify what I'd like beforehand. I usually only play there at most 2-3 times a year and I have brought it up while checking in, hasn't fixed anything yet.

Last edited:
It makes me feel uncomfortable for some reason. I keep my clubs pretty clean during the round so it's not even necessary.

Our club has this. I rarely take them up on it, but it's also a nice option to have

It’s not a required thing I like the touch of extra service. I wipe mine after most shots but it goes along with nicer clubs.
Our home course used to but new management likes to run ‘em through quick as they can, no time for customer service.

Back