How about.... complimentary club cleaning at the end of your round

Complimentary Club Cleaning After Your Round

• Yay

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • Nay

Votes: 55 66.3%

• Total voters
It depends on where I am and how much of a rush I am in. If I am going to be hanging around the course I generally give the person a couple of bucks or a 5. If I am in a hurry I will just take my bag.

No.

It's usually a dirty dry rag rubbing against already clean clubs

Shouldn’t they just know you don’t want them cleaned by now? I mean you are kind of a big deal...mayor 🤣
they have a pretty good idea, yeah.. And as the year goes on I like to chat with them a bit even without it being done.

I wipe down my club after every shot, so when I see the club cleaner guy coming, I tell him mine are already clean, but thank you anyway.

Well that's the thing as has been mentioned. Often it's not offered, it's just done

yeah that could get frustrating. Just like I don’t like when places have a bathroom attendant. Lucky for me I’ll probably only play a handful of courses that offer something like that anyway.

This generally only happens when I am vacationing in FL, and honestly I don't really care for it. Like most others, I wipe down my club after each shot before putting it back into the bag.

I fully understand the guys are working for some tip money, and most of the time I will happily give them a couple of bucks and tell them to skip my bag because the clubs are already clean.

Now if I was a member of a private club, I think I would be quite happy to have my bag and shoes cleaned prior to my next round. It's a double standard, I know but that's just how i feel about it.

I generally clean my clubs between shots anyway, but I’d be open to a course offering it at the end of a round. They may find some spots that I didn’t.

Not commonly done at the goat tracks I play, but if there is a cart guy I am going to tip him a 5 anyway so sure give them a wipe.

They offer it at my home club which I usually use and then tip them. And funny enough I have a part time job at a different private course where I do that as well haha.

I'm okay with it. I play a few courses every year that offer the service so I don't mind throwing a few bucks their way for cleaning. I kind of expected it at higher end courses anyway.

My home club used to offer it. I don't like it or want it when I'm playing "normal" (around home) golf, because I don't always have $1s in my wallet. When we do our annual guys' trip, the outside ops guys there wipe them down at the end of every day and I gladly accept it, but I know in advance and always make sure I have tip money in my wallet.

I say Yay I don't mind at all.

I appreciate the gesture but usually decline. I do tip, regardless, however. Those guys and gals bust their asses just as much as any other staff at the golf course.

If it's a guy in short shorts and flirts with me sure - sorry after all the cart girl talk I couldn't resist

I grew up on a course that did this. I kinda miss the whole clean clubs and hand a dollar two thing.

Shoes would get cleaned in the locker room as well.

It makes more sense when the clubs go into storage at the club. If you bring clubs home after every round I get why you wouldnt like it.

I wipe them before they go in my bag, so it's a non-issue.

Seeing as we are have a discussion about the female "cartenders" out there on the course how do you guys feel about coming off the 18th green and/or returning your cart and having someone come up with rag in hand ready to wipe down/clean your clubs? Yay or Nay and why?

Nope they don’t do as good a job as I want and they expect a tip

Nope my clubs are cleaned by me throughout the round or when I get home.

I've been thinking about this thread all day. I have rarely play clubs that offer this. But if I did play them more frequently. I think it would feel like a bathroom attendant. I want to avoid that at all costs because it is a function I don't need but I would feel guilty not tipping.

This gets me as trying to force me to give you a tip. I don't like it.

Never been a fan of it, if I have an opportunity to decline or bypass it, I will every time.

When I play courses that offer this I play along.... not so much for them to wipe down my clubs, more so knowing these guys work hard so it’s no big deal to throw them $5-10 bucks for their efforts.

No thanks. I'm good.

EDIT: None of the courses I play do this. Must be doing it wrong 😀

Back