How adventurous could you be?

How adventurous could you be?

• The chef knows more than me so I will try anything

Votes: 52 68.4%
  • As long as there are multiple options for a main course

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • I only like to pick off a menu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My dietary restrictions, including allergies, make it hard for me to participate

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I will play nice but will find something to eat before I show up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will try and just eat around stuff I don't like (whether I tried it or not)

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters

echico

#MOIJacking
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
From the WGP the talk of a Chef's Choice dinner came up. If you are not paying could you just show up and eat? Obviously the folks in the Dormie Network know a thing about food so where do you stand?

There are very few things I won't eat so I am pretty adventurous. I will not eat broccoli or cauliflower so those would just sit on the plate if they were served.

I am down to eat a lot of things but shellfish and mango allergy, along with lactose intolerance makes it tough to just wing it.

I don't eat only 3 things (mushroom/fungus, olives, green beans). Anything else is fair game for me.

I appreciate almost any food and will try anything once.

If a chef is offering a tasting menu, I will likely try it.

Also, If a menu says "omakase" somewhere, that's the play.

Last edited:
I will eat anything except mushrooms and pickles.

i’m very adventurous. i love a chefs tasting menu. my wife and i went here on our last date night. i didn’t love everything they served, but it was such a fun experience. https://www.doshiorlando.com/

No liver, will try just about anything else

I’ll try anything once. Bring it on.

I have food allergies and I am lactose intolerant. 99% of quality chefs can work around food allergies, so that is not a concern at all. Obviously if it's a seafood tasting and you're allergic to shellfish it makes it difficult (for example) but most are in the service industry and very respectful of actual allergies or intolerances.

Now, I'll try any of it - I might not like it but I'll give it a shot at least. I prefer to know what I'm eating to know if it'll make me sick but I'll likely still try it just to make sure.

My best meals have been specials and unexpected items so I am game for anything.

I have a pretty diverse palate and am not a picky eater, I'm up for just about anything and enjoy trying new foods. Turn the chef loose and let's see what he/she comes up with.

I will not eat broccoli or cauliflower so those would just sit on the plate if they were served.
You are just a 7 year old with superman calves ;)

I'll give anything they send out a go. I can't name anything that would be a straight no when it showed up on the plate.

I'd give it a try! Especially at a THP event! It's a special occasion! Unless it's going to potentially kill me, bring it on!

Bring it all on

I’ll try most things, unless I’m with Mrs. G as I have to be careful around her allergy. Doing a chef’s choice meal could be a very cool experience.

I have the palette of a 12 year old. Not adventurous at all with food choices and I’ve got texture issues that can lead to bad things.

Definitely not in the "I'll eat anything" camp... I like to try and be open-minded so picked "As long as there are multiple options for a main course"

Example: The clam bake at a recent experience does zero for me and I may be in the minority on that but I would have been struggling during that meal

I'm lactose intolerant, but if I have advance notice, I can take pills and be okay for the most part.

But, I'll try food. I've eaten some pretty interesting things being the guest at different events... pickled whole baby squid, moose tongue, moose nose, beaver tail, an unknown eyeball, muktuk, pemmican...

I don't like onions. Other than that I am down to try anything at least once and those are easy to pick around. If I am abroad or at a nice restaurant I am always willing to go chef recommendation.

Yes. The chef is always right. We just went out Monday night ( we go often ) to a restaurant nearby that does “mystery meal mondays”. Three courses. No idea what they will be. We’ve gone with groups of four and all four are different. The chef loves molecular gastronomy but also serves simple rabbit or deer.
My favorite way to eat.

I'm good with the chef's suggestions.

Not all chefs are good chefs.

That said, I'm fine with leaving the food choice in someone else's hand usually. I'm not okay with leaving the what's on it choice to them though. Some sauces and condiment things are just terrible and ruin the actual food.

Back