How Are Golf Shafts Made?

is that how you say beer in japanese? if so, then yes. he is very good at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a San Diego beer guy I do get a lot of joy out of a nice ice cold rice lager with some quality raw fish.

Watched the episode and I'm looking forward to the 2nd episode. As a shaft noob, who literally has 0 clue about how shafts are made, or how it helps or hurts a hack like myself, I'm enjoying learning the ins and outs.

Hmmm....no, Sudoku is a math puzzle. I think the Japanese word for beer is "Beer".

haha was just making a joke. if don were to play sudoku, i'm sure he would be awesome at it. dude is crazy smart.

Don, quick question as I haven't had a chance to watch the video so it may have been answered in there

Do you manufacture your own carbon or is it made by another company and brought in to make the shafts?

Don, quick question as I haven't had a chance to watch the video so it may have been answered in there

Do you manufacture your own carbon or is it made by another company and brought in to make the shafts?

It actually is answered in the episode, so when you catch up on it, Don goes into quite a bit of detail on this.
It is brought in.

We buy the vast majority of our materials from a company called Toray. They provide all the carbon fiber to Boeing for their aircraft. A long time ago we did make our own prepreg but we decided to stop doing that and purchase from Prepreg companies for a couple reasons. First, the companies we work with are the best fiber and prepregers in the world, if you can get material from the same plant making materials for 787s, you can bet it's high quality stuff. Second, a batch of prepreg cost tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. If you (Or your parent company) makes a bad batch, you are going to use that batch rather than scrap it out and take the loss. For us, if we were to receive a bad batch of material can send it back. (Just like a good steak, if you buy it at the store and burn it, you're stuck. If Ruths Chris burns it, send it back).

Last thing, there are only a few very high end fiber manufacturers in world, so most of the shaft companies you know and love (or hate) are all using the same fibers. It's every bit, if not more, about how the engineers use those materials as it is the raw materials themselves.

DB

Just watched Episode 1 and can't wait to watch the rest

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Just watched Episode 1 and can't wait to watch the rest

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

If JB would put down the endless appetizers at his neighborhood Florida Applebees (you know the one next the Chili's, and down the street from TGIF. It used to be a Bennigan's) and finishing editing, episode two is already in the can.

If JB would put down the endless appetizers at his neighborhood Florida Applebees (you know the one next the Chili's, and down the street from TGIF. It used to be a Bennigan's) and finishing editing, episode two is already in the can.

Says the guy that just used Ruths Chris as a steak house reference. :D

Says the guy that just used Ruths Chris as a steak house reference. :D

I needed a national steak brand to make the point.

I am sorry I insulted your beloved Outback.

I needed a national steak brand to make the point.

I am sorry I insulted your beloved Outback.

Don't talk smack about Outback, it's a national treasure.

Don't talk smack about Outback, it's a national treasure.

Haha. Haven't been there in a LONG time. Ironically the last time I was, it was in CA, across the street from an iHop and around the corner from a Rubios. Next thing you know, Don will be upset because Clearwater founded Hooters, too. CA believes there should be Hoothims next door to make sure everybody is equal. :D

FWIW, Episode 2 is fantastic and will be up soon.

Of Australia.

I don't remember seeing a single Outback Steakhouse in OZ.

And they don't drink Fosters either.

Fosters, its Australian for beer I would reluctantly drink if it was ice cold and free.

I don't remember seeing a single Outback Steakhouse in OZ.

And they don't drink Fosters either.

Fosters, its Australian for beer I would reluctantly drink if it was ice cold and free.

That's because Outback Steakhouse is actually American, and Aussies send all their cans of Fosters to the U.K. It's their little joke.

That's because Outback Steakhouse is actually American, and Aussies send all their cans of Fosters to the U.K. It's their little joke.

And they pay $7 for a Bud Light there as pay back.

And they pay $7 for a Bud Light there as pay back.
Do they really?

I have no idea why they import that stuff. I guess for the same reason they export fosters. People will over pay for anything foreign.

See Corona.

Do they really?

I have no idea why they import that stuff. I guess for the same reason they export fosters. People will over pay for anything foreign.

See Corona.

Or Heineken. It's literally only good over there.

The plan as of now is to release episode 2 on Sunday.

The plan as of now is to release episode 2 on Sunday.

Thats great! Can't wait to watch it, more DB knowledge is great.

Mark the calendars. A week from yesterday, episode 2 hits the home page, THP Mobile App and THP TV channel. It is so good and filled with tons of really interesting info straight from head Rat Don that you can't find anywhere else.

Calendar is marked. Can't wait for episode 2!

Head rat don lol

Back