How are YOU going to celebrate your Granddaddy selection?

robrandalgz

2023 Budget Championship #CanyonCowboys
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
For me it's the Grandaddy logo tattoo on my calf or ankle (haven't decided which yet) and a huge blowout with my AZ THP family (and anyone else that wants to show up!).

How about you? How will you celebrate or commemorate your selection into the greatest amateur golf event in the world?

The memories will last a lifetime.

It won't be a tattoo. It'll be me trying to explain to my wife what the Granddaddy is and why I'm going come hell or high water. If there's hell I'll bring a fire extinguisher; if there's high water, I'll rent a boat. Unless it's Covid-19 and the event is postponed. Then I won't.:ROFLMAO:

If I were accidentally selected, I'd probably celebrate by telling the wife I wouldn't need to spend $ on clubs for almost 2 years. That'd be a huge celebration for her/us.

Hmmm, I have only thought as far as getting out of the ICU from having a heart attack! 🤯🤪😵

Hmmm, I have only thought as far as getting out of the ICU from having a heart attack! 🤯🤪😵
Oh you will calm down in a day or two, but that high last a LONG time.

I am going to get a video done of me doing the Ickey Shuffle in the grocery store. I would love to see the reactions of people around me when filming :ROFLMAO:

Sounds too good to be true right now, but I can tell you that I'd scream like a little girl at a Justin Bieber concert when I found out:ROFLMAO::LOL:

There would definitely be some tears of joy if ever selected.

For me it's the Grandaddy logo tattoo on my calf or ankle (haven't decided which yet) and a huge blowout with my AZ THP family (and anyone else that wants to show up!).

How about you? How will you celebrate or commemorate your selection into the greatest amateur golf event in the world?
Reread some of the past event threads and get hyped. Then hit the range and schedule a couple lessons.

There would definitely be some tears of joy if ever selected.
You and me both, brother. There's no way I'd be able to hold back the tears. No freaking way.

Internally.

Just until I figure out how to tell the wife I'll probably be spending her birthday having the time of my life this year.

After that I'll probably make everyone call me grandaddy. Just to make it known, fun for me, and weird for everyone else. :p

Last edited:
It would take a bit to have everything really sink in, I'd talk to my brother in law who was selected a couple years ago and see best way to explain it to the wife.....

Gosh...I went nuts here at work when I found out I was selected for the Mizuno event. To be selected for The Granddaddy....my goodness, people better watch out from the excitement coming from me.

Live footage of me reading the message:

giphy.gif

A bottle of Woodford Reserve and a glass.

meaning a brand new bag of everything only last you 2 years.

Well, I did say "... wouldn't need...". That being, I probably wouldn't wanna replace them for a little while after the first year, but I was actually counting the months remaining until the event, too, and only ruling out all of 2021. Who knows. I doubt I'd spend the money on clubs for a year afterwards, but I'd still spend it on golf stuff. It'd just open me up to stuff I wouldn't normally spend on.

Back